• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 295 Views, 0 Comments

Equus' Unexpected Future - Robert Emerald Fountain



Equus gets modernized and some new friends are made in an unexpected way.

  • ...
 0
 295

Upgrades

After Humdinger and Harold had received their sentence, Mayor Goodway organized an award ceremony that evening for all of the new allies that had teamed up with Ryder. They were called forth to receive medals of honor for their brave and heroic actions both saving Ryder and helping to bring Mayor Humdinger to justice. Ryder himself was the one to hang the medals on each of the ally soldiers, and they each took a bow when the medals had been hung around their necks. Once the medals had been given, everyone turned to face the audience.

“Let’s hear it for the brave soldiers who saved the PAW Patrol and helped to save Adventure Bay.”, yelled Mayor Goodway.

At that point, the audience began clapping and cheering as a fireworks display lit up the night sky. The day after the celebration, the project began for rebuilding the Lookout. Humdinger and Harold showed up without delay and began working right then. The project was started by rebuilding the original tower with the periscope, and then a satellite was constructed to search for missions on a larger scale so they could perform rescues anywhere in the world.

After launching the satellite, some new additions were made to the main tower. First, the display screen was upgraded to give live footage at any site where rescues were needed, and a 3D map was added to show the area’s topography. Another addition was a second 3D map built into the floor right in front of the display screen, allowing Ryder to use hand motions with special sensors in his gloves to show simulations of which pups would be involved in the rescues and how they would carry out their tasks in the area. He still had his pup-pad to contact the pups if they were needed for a rescue. The next addition was a separate set of vehicles for space missions. These vehicles would be automatically loaded by computer onto the Paw Patroller for such missions. Once the tower was fully rebuilt, it was time for Harold and his uncle to be taken to jail.

The final additions were designed by Taylor and made for Ryder and the pups themselves. Skye’s goggles were redesigned with a crosshairs reticle so she could get a precise bearing on anything Ryder needed her to search for, and her rescue harness was upgraded to a larger stronger version that went around more than only the waist. Her helicopter was also fitted with a canopy lens and a gyroscope ball for navigation through heavy clouds during storms.

Marshall’s water cannon was made stronger for when he had to cool down something that was overheated, or if he had a hard time putting out a fire. A nozzle for foam was also added for fires that couldn’t be put out with water. He also had his oxygen tank replaced with a rebreather so he could search for trapped people in burning buildings for a longer period of time if necessary.

Chase’s police cruiser was fitted with a launcher that shot globs of expanding black goo, designed to stop an out-of-control vehicle instantaneously if the spike strips weren’t cutting it, and he also had his pup-pack fitted with a louder megaphone.

Zuma’s scuba gear was fitted with a depth monitor which indicated whether or not he would need to breathe a special gas mixture at different points below sea level, and his hovercraft’s submarine mode was given a special apparatus with which to repel hostile predators.

Rubble’s tools were upgraded to stronger versions that did not require maintenance as often. Rocky’s recycling truck was fitted with a Geiger counter in case he had to deal with radioactive waste, along with a device to deploy receptacles for the same purpose. If Rocky had to do a cleanup like this, Taylor also equipped Rocky’s truck with a sensor that would dictate whether or not he would need to wear a hazmat suit. If this sensor said it was necessary, it would put the truck on an automated drive for twenty seconds while it put the suit on Rocky. Rex was given an attachment for his helmet that would translate his voice into different dinosaur sounds so he didn’t have to alternate languages. Everest’s snowcat was given stronger treads for getting through tough snow.

Tracker’s multitools and swinging lines were strengthened by using newer metals that were far more resistant to rust and corrosion. Liberty’s motorcycle was given a canister of nitrous-oxide in case she had to move faster to reach her destination. The Mighty Twins and the Cat Pack were all given new precision tracking equipment and had their vehicles’ computer ranges strengthened. Lastly, Ryder’s ATV was given solid tires that wouldn’t go flat if he ran over sharp obstacles, and he had an infrared laser installed in his helmet for better navigation. The six vehicles stationed at the Lookout were also designed to extend their upgrades to their ultimate models whenever a mission in a certain category was being carried out.

Everyone was impressed by how well Taylor was able to design the upgrades for their vehicles, and Callie was quick to explain how well-skilled he was in engineering. Lizzie also contributed to the upgrades on Rocky’s truck, because radioactive waste could be poisonous to certain forms of life, and she had incredible knowledge on how different elements could be dangerous in different parts of the world.