• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 295 Views, 0 Comments

Equus' Unexpected Future - Robert Emerald Fountain



Equus gets modernized and some new friends are made in an unexpected way.

  • ...
 0
 295

Catching Humdinger Himself

The plan for catching Humdinger was laid out in an ingenious way. The Squid Sisters and their kids would use their ink to slow him down and then make him fall on his face. They made a last-minute choice to cuff him themselves and then have the Paw Patrol line up in front of him and reveal themselves with rage in their eyes.

“CHARGE!”, screamed Liberty.

The Squid Sisters and their kids pulled their ink weapons out and everyone started chasing after Mayor Humdinger. Taylor was not only a great archer, but he was also a very fast runner. Lizzie was a fast runner too and she was able to stay on Humdinger’s tail along with Callie. Taylor climbed on top of Katie’s boutique and took aim with his bow. Once he had settled his crosshairs after nocking an arrow and pulling back, he splattered Humdinger in the face with ink, blinding him and getting ink in his mouth. Humdinger started coughing and spluttering as he tried to get the ink out of his eyes, but he couldn’t see where he was running.

“THAT TASTES TERRIBLE!”, he shouted in a disgusted voice when he got the ink out of his mouth.

Lizzie opened fire and shot ink onto Humdinger’s back at a great level of speed, which made him lose balance. At the same time, Marie watched where he was headed and shot a patch of ink into the road. As soon as Humdinger got his sight back, he spotted the puddle and started trying to slow down and regain his balance, but it was too late. He stepped into the ink puddle and he began to slip. As he got close to the middle of the puddle, Callie jumped up and hit him on the head with her splat roller, causing him to fall down and splash face-first into the ink. He started coughing as he tried to push himself up in the gooey slippery ink when Andrew planted a foot on his back and Agents 4 and 8 put him in handcuffs. At this point, Humdinger’s pants, suit jacket, and top hat were splattered in four colors of ink and his hair was disheveled.

“We’ve got you now.”, hissed Mike as Agent 3 forced Humdinger to his feet.

Once Mayor Humdinger had been handcuffed and Agent 3 had stood him back up, Ryder and the pups lined up in front of him and Andrew disabled the disguise on their clothes. When the PAW Patrol’s clothes had been fully restored to their original colors, Ryder and his pups took their face masks off and glared angrily at Humdinger with their teeth gritted. Ryder had even clenched both of his hands TIGHTLY in fists. Humdinger saw that Chase was snarling as if ready to lunge forth and bite him, which made him gulp in nervousness. Just then, Flurry Heart swooped down and landed in front of Ryder.

“DO YOU TRUST ME NOW?”, she screeched as she flared out her wings.

“Yes I do.”, Humdinger said shakily.

Chase deployed a pad of paper from his pup-pack and gave it to Ryder. After getting the notepad, Ryder started jotting down a list of what Humdinger and Harold would be charged for. As Humdinger watched Ryder list the charges that he and Harold would receive, he began to regret what he had done and tears began welling up in his eyes.