• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 295 Views, 0 Comments

Equus' Unexpected Future - Robert Emerald Fountain



Equus gets modernized and some new friends are made in an unexpected way.

  • ...
 0
 295

Catching Humdinger's Kittens

Humdinger may have laughed when he received the letter that Ryder and his pups were still alive, but he was nervous too. These soldiers were far stronger than he anticipated, and he was starting to worry that this was the end for him. He and Harold agreed that they needed to escape before they were caught.

“Oh no you don’t!”, yelled Flurry as she tapped into Humdinger’s radio.

“Who is this?”, asked Harold angrily.

“My name is Flurry Heart. We come from the planet Equus and are one of the allies that has joined to take back Adventure Bay. I was not wrong when I said Ryder and the pups were still alive.”, she replied.

“SHUT UP! We scanned your world ourselves and their life signs DID NOT SHOW! How many times do I have to say that?”, Humdinger yelled back.

“Yell all you want, Mr. Mayor, but we are not lying.”, said Minnie.

“You tell him, Aunt Minnie.”, said Millie and Melody.

“I will only believe you if I see them with my own eyes. Deal?”, asked Humdinger.

“Deal!”, said Flurry Heart.

Suddenly, Humdinger’s kittens scattered to get away. Flurry quickly gave a plan of attack to the soldiers.

“Mickey, you and your guys catch the kittens. My fleet will go after Harold. Callie and Marie, you guys chase after Humdinger. Take Ryder and the pups with you. Ryder, you and the pups unmask yourselves and arrest Humdinger once he is flat on the ground.”, she said.

“You got it!”, said Mickey.

“Ten-four, Flurry.”, said Lizzie.

“Let’s go!”, said Skye.

Mickey and his troops broke into a sprint to catch Humdinger’s kittens. Since the kittens had split up, they broke into groups in order to catch them all in a shorter time rather than catching them one at a time. Aladdin took to the air on his magic carpet to chase after Cat Skye, along with Daisy and Donald getting on jets to follow him.

“Here’s the plan. I will pursue from behind to distract her. You two fly around while hiding in the clouds. Damage her wings so she goes into a crash dive, and I will catch her.”, said Aladdin.

Daisy and Donald acknowledged what he had told them and they broke off in opposite directions to hide in the clouds. As Aladdin continued to chase Cat Skye, Donald aligned his crosshairs with her goggles and shot the lens to break it so she couldn’t see, and Daisy shot a blast at the right wing, which sent her spinning out of control. Aladdin flew faster and caught her before she fell too far to the ground. After landing, he put Cat Skye in a large cage that Mickey had assembled with reflective walls.

Snaring Cat Chase was an easy task. Minnie and her twin nieces volunteered to take down this one. They figured that Cat Chase would be easy to catch if they used a toy mouse. So, Millie set one out with a rope tied to it and Melody held the other end of the rope. Minnie was waiting far ahead with a stun laser when Cat Chase came running past to grab the toy mouse and play with it. Sure enough, he took the bait.

“Aunt Minnie, I’m coming your way.”, said Melody over her headset as she began running.

As Melody ran past her aunt, Cat Chase followed behind her quickly. Minnie fired a beam of energy and it hit him. Once Millie had confirmed Cat Chase was unconscious, she pushed him into a cat carrier.

Cat Marshall was an easy kitty to catch as well. Goofy hid behind a bush with a tranquilizer and a water hose while Mickey used a ball of yarn to lure the kitty into the area. Once Mickey had gotten Cat Marshall close enough to the bushes, Goofy opened the water valve and soaked Cat Marshall which made him panic and try to run. Goofy had other ideas and shot the tranquilizer to knock out Cat Marshall. After Cat Marshall was knocked out, Mickey carried him to the cage and put him in as Minnie was putting Cat Chase in.

Cat Rubble and Cat Rocky were together, and Minnie went after them once Cat Chase was trapped in the cage with the others. She had her own cat, Figaro, lure the two kitties to a park where she was hiding with a loud bell. When the two cats saw Figaro, they ran over to play with him and he started running towards the park. Minnie had hidden at the top of a slide, and Figaro ran up the ladder to her once he was close enough.

After Minnie had Figaro cover his ears, she clanged the bell loudly to startle Cat Rubble and Cat Rocky. This plan worked and the two kitties began trying to run, but Millie tossed a canister of sleep gas towards them and they passed out. Once the cats were unconscious, Millie scooped them up, carried them over to the cage, and put them in.

Cat Zuma had dived underwater in the bay, and Ariel volunteered to lure him to the surface. She transformed into her mermaid form and dove into the water to chase him. As she reached Cat Zuma, she pulled out a knife and pierced his air tank. Cat Zuma immediately noticed he was running out of air and began swimming to the surface. As he popped out of the water, Elsa shot an ice bolt from her hands to freeze his paws and restrain him. Ariel transformed back and grabbed Cat Zuma after putting on cold-resistant gloves. Elsa’s ice tended to be EXTREMELY COLD, so Ariel had to use the gloves to avoid frostbite.

Once Ariel had put Cat Zuma in the cage with the other kittens, Mickey put on dark glasses and flashed a special light in the cage to make them all forget everything they knew about Humdinger. Now that the kittens were brainwashed, it was now just a matter of catching Humdinger himself as well as Harold.