• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 213 Views, 0 Comments

The New Era for Equus - Robert Emerald Fountain



Equus' modernization and the making of new friends

  • ...
 0
 213

A New Set of Friends

Two months after rescuing the PAW Patrol, all was going well in Equestria. Little did anyone know that they would be making some new friends soon. A starship crew which consisted of Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Daisy and Donald Duck, Goofy, Minnie’s twin nieces, Millie and Melody, and Professor Ludwig Von Drake’s robotic mouse drone Toodles were gearing up for a test flight of their new ship, which had just been christened the Disneystar. This ship was designed two years ago with the intent on travelling long distances in short amounts of time. Mickey was the crew’s Captain and they were all quarantined prior to the launch to avoid catching germs before getting suited up. On the day of the launch, the white-room technicians helped them into their suits and then everyone put their helmets on.

“We are going to have a beautiful ride.”, Mickey said to Clarabelle.

“I’m sure you will, Mickey.”, she replied as Mickey latched his helmet.

Once everyone was ready, they followed illuminated arrows on the floor until they had boarded an elevator. The elevator took them up to a pressurized glass walkway that led to the main hatch on the side of the Disneystar. Once the pressure was equalized, the seven members walked proudly down the walkway with reporters and newspaper photographers clapping and cheering as they made their way to the ship. Once the hatch was sealed, Mickey and his friends were cleared to take off their space suits since the ship’s interior was sterilized and free of germs. After changing out of their space suits and into their crew uniforms, they made their way to the cockpit where Toodles was already plugged into the main computer.

“Sixty seconds to takeoff. Access bridge retracted.”, said Von Drake over the ship’s intercom.

Mickey and his friends fastened their seatbelts and prepared to launch into space.

**

50 seconds later…

Alarms began to blare outside as the ship’s engines started powering up. When the engines fired off, the noise was so loud that Millie and Melody covered their ears. Once enough thrust had built up, the launch clamps opened up and the ship began to move upward from the pad. After the Disneystar had ascended far enough, Mickey and his friends took control and piloted the ship higher into the sky until they had cleared the atmosphere.

“We’re in space.”, Mickey said to Von Drake over radio.

“Well done, Mickey. I hope this test flight goes well for you. I wish you all good luck.”, replied the Professor.

“Toodles, charge the warp drive when ready.”, Minnie said.

“Warp drive charged and ready.”, Toodles replied thirty seconds later.

“Engage!”, said Mickey.

The warp engines fired off and the ship began flying through space at a powerful speed. Little did anyone know that their test flight was about to be jeopardized.