• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 213 Views, 0 Comments

The New Era for Equus - Robert Emerald Fountain



Equus' modernization and the making of new friends

  • ...
 0
 213

Locating the Crew

Twilight and her friends gathered in the map room to discuss what they should do.

“I think we should investigate the crash site. Maybe we can talk to the crew to find out where the ship came from.”, suggested Rainbow Dash.

“I agree with her, Aunt Twilight. We will not figure anything out unless we go to the ship.”, added Flurry.

Everyone else agreed and they set off for the forest. Following the trail from when the ship touched down, they reached the crash site in a matter of minutes. Night was falling, so they made sure to bring headlamps.

“Twilight, look here. It appears that this ship is called the Disneystar.”, said Rarity.

Twilight nodded and led everyone to the front of the ship. However, she felt heat radiating from the window over the bridge, so she led them to a side hatch and Applejack used her strength to get it open. Once they got inside, they turned their lights on and followed signs on the wall to reach the bridge. Fluttershy felt the heat through the door and grabbed a fire extinguisher from a holder on the wall. Once the doors were forced open, she blasted fire retardant until the flames were out. Once the cloud had settled from the fire retardant, they were shocked at what they found. There was nobody in any of the seats. The crew had vanished.

“Where’s the crew?”, asked Starlight.

“Yeah, where are they?”, asked Pinkie.

After Rainbow had broken open the windows and created gusts of wind to blow away the fire retardant powder, she spotted a dimly lit screen on one of the consoles.

“Look at this screen.”, she called.

Flurry ran over to look at it. The text on the screen said: “All escape pods launched”.

“Aunt Twilight, this screen says all of the ship’s escape pods have been launched. The crew must have evacuated before the ship crashed.”, she told Twilight.

“You know, Twilight, that makes perfect sense. If the crew had not evacuated, they would have either been killed or severely injured in the crash.”, said Rarity.

“Rarity’s right.”, said Fluttershy.

Twilight looked near the front of the bridge and found a sealed compartment door that was split down the middle. The text on the door said it was heat-resistant. Prying open the door, she found a large disc-shaped device inside that was still powered up and glowing brightly.

“Let’s take this device back to my castle. Maybe it contains the information we need in order to find this ship’s crew.”, she said.

They left the wreckage and headed back to Twilight’s castle. They had no idea that the device they found was Toodles, nor did they know that they would find the crew as soon as the device was powered up.

The next morning, Twilight and Flurry examined the round device they had found on the Disneystar’s bridge. When they found the main power switch, they turned the device on. When they saw two smaller discs jut out on either side to resemble mouse ears, they realized this was some kind of robotic drone. Soon, a face appeared on the main disc and the drone began to speak to them.

“My name is Toodles. Who are you and where is this place?”, asked the drone.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle. This is my niece, Flurry Heart. You are in the land of Equestria on the planet Equus.”, Twilight replied.

“Thank you, Twilight. I need to run a sonar sweep to locate the crew members from the Disneystar. They evacuated before the ship touched down.”, Toodles explained.

Flurry led Toodles outside and he flew high into the air. Releasing an energy wave, he scanned the entire area and intercepted the tracking signals from all seven escape pods while gathering the topography and layout of the land as well. Once he had come back down, Twilight brought her friends together and they met up in the map room. Once the Cutie Map was showing the layout of Equestria, Toodles projected an overlay that depicted where the crew members had landed.

**

The crew’s locations were as follows:

Mickey Mouse: Forbidden Jungle

Minnie Mouse: Mount Everhoof

Donald Duck: Griffonstone, Exact location unknown

Daisy Duck: Froggy Bottom Bogg

Goofy: White Tail Woods

Millie Mouse: North Luna Ocean

Melody Mouse: Changeling Kingdom

**

Twilight radioed the details to Neighsay. He dispatched probes so that the capsules could be located precisely. When the results came back, Twilight was nervous. Some of the escape pods had landed in treacherous areas.

“Why don’t we call in Ryder and his pups?”, asked Rainbow.

“Good idea, Dash.”, chimed in Applejack.

Twilight sent Flurry Heart to the radio tower in the Everfree Forest to transmit the call to the PAW Patrol. The call was sent, and now they had to wait for Ryder and his pups to arrive.