• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 213 Views, 0 Comments

The New Era for Equus - Robert Emerald Fountain



Equus' modernization and the making of new friends

  • ...
 0
 213

The Call for Help

Neighsay was changing back into his jumpsuit after finishing his E V A to check for any problems with the space station from the last solar flare when an alarm sounded from the PDA on his utility belt. When he looked at the alarm specifications, he raced to the communications room and listened to what was being received by the computer. After listening to the transmission twice, he opened a direct channel to Twilight.

“Equestrian Space Station to Canterlot. Princess Twilight, this is Neighsay. Do you read me?”

“I hear you loud and clear. What’s happening up there?”, asked Twilight.

“Listen to this transmission. It came in after I had finished my E V A.”, he replied.

**

“If anybody picks this up, please help us. Eleven emergency responders have gone on missions and I have lost contact with them. They were responding to disasters around the world.”, said a female voice.

**

Twilight was shocked.

“I don’t like the sound of that.”, she replied.

“Me neither. I think you and your friends should respond to this.”, said Neighsay.

“Any idea where this came from?”, Twilight asked.

“Good question; I have traced this message to a communications tower on the far side of the galaxy.”, said Neighsay.

Twilight gathered her friends, the Young Six, and Flurry Heart to explain what they were in for. There were no objections and everyone boarded the new version of the Harmony after Twilight had appointed Cadence to fill in for her in Canterlot. This version of the ship could land on planets and was not required to remain in space.