• Published 2nd Jul 2023
  • 434 Views, 52 Comments

Digital Dustin - Campout or Freakout - Prince Dustin Hogan

  • ...
6
 52
 434

The Crystal Ball

“Talking”

YELLING

Thinking

Telepathic link

Songs

Flashback

"Transformation Index


The Crystal Ball


OP - The Voice by Celtic Woman

In the crystal caverns, a party was taking place. The campers, and many Digital Lifeforms affiliated with Pendragon were enjoying themselves.

The Leveau sisters were conversing with the Dazzlings, Fehng was getting some belly rubs and he'd pats by some of the campers, amd even Kraekan in a makeshift pool performing some water tricks from an audience.

Dustin, Sunset, and Twilight were standing beside Oendragon as they watched everyone have a good time. "A crystal ball." Dustin said, looking to Pendragon. "I'll admit, I like the way you think, Pen."

"Hey, what can I say." Pendragon replied with a chortle. "It's been a while since I've thrown a ball."

"Are you really a royal?" Twilight asked in amazement to Pendrgagon. "You're a king?"

"I used to be." Pendrgaon replied with a nod. "Eventually it was time for me to retire from my position, and the throne was spassed to my nephew."

"So, how did you end up here?" Sunset asked. "Ifnyou don't mind me asking."

"Well, I was out on a stroll in the forests of Avalora when suddebly a rift appeared before me." Pendragon explained with a look of embarrassment. "And for some reason, I approached it out of curiosity, and so I wound up getting transported to here."

"Is that when you've met Gloriosa and Tinber's great grandparents?" Twilight asked in intrigue.

"We met a few days afterward." Pendragon replied. "They were attacked by a pack of wolves, but thankfully I was there to help."

"You saved their lives!" Dustin retorted in awe. "And that how they founded the place?"

"Of course." Gloriosa nods in reply. "They made it as a symbol of their appreciation. Since then, we've became in separable." Pendragon sighed in nostalgia. "I remember a few years later, I was introduced to Gloriosa and Timber when they were just toddlers."

"You've known eachother for that long?" Sunset asked in amazement. "That explains alot."

"Pardon me, guys." Gloriosa spoke as she appraoched the group. "May I borrow him for a bit please?" Glorisa grabs Dustin by the arm and leads him to a good distance. Whennthey were alone, Gloriosa looks sadly to Dustin. "Dustin... that night when I told you my plans... I've said somethings that I cannot take back...."

Dustin however places a finger on her lips to silence her. "No need." Dustin replied a with smile. "You were influenced by the geodes."

"But I ruined what we've had..." Gloriosa said, shame in her face. "I want to tell you that... I want to start over.... if that's..." Dustin cuts her off again by kissing her cheek, making her blush deeply.

"I'd love that." Dustin replied, making Gloriosa smile at that. Pendragon watched them with a fond smile, then he had an idea.

"Miladies, if I may..." Pendragon said to Sunset and Twilight, the thre huddled together as Pendragon whispered something.

Allister with Celestia and Luna by the punch bowl, conversing with the two.

"Well, I have to admit ladies, Pendragon knows how to throw a ball." Allister said as Rouge arrived with a platter of hors d'oeuvres.

"Care to sample some finger foods made from me and my Site of Creole?" Rouge asked.

"Ooh, don't mind if I do." Allister grabbed an hors d'oeuvre and bit into it, hisnface lighting up with in delight. "Oh my, is that Samedi Sage tickling my tastebuds?"

"You bet." Rouge replied with a giggle. "A spicy flavor that makes your tasteebuds sing an dance." Celestia and Luna took an hors d'oeuvre and munched onto them, having the same reaction as Allister, eanring a big smile from Rouge. "There's plenty more at the concessions table."

The ambience then stopped, making everyone looks to see Pendragonbwas on the stage.

"Pardon me everyone, if you would lend me your ears for a moment." Pendragon stated, and everyone gave him their attention. "I would like to take this opportunity to sing a little song dedicated to my dear friend Gloriosa Daisy."

Everyone clapped as Gloriosa and Dustin shared a perplexed look.

"Gloriosa, I must say that I am proud to see that you've found your significant other." Pendragon said, earning an "aaw" from the crowd. "So, here's a little something from your childhood days."

As the music played, Dustin extended a hand to Gloriosa.

"Shall we?" Dustin asked with a goofy grin.

"Yes." Gloriosa nodded as she tko khia hand. "I'd love to." The two walked the center of the dance floor and began to slow dance.

Once the song was over, Gloriosa wrapped her arms around Dustin's neck while he wrapped his arms around Gloriosa's waist, the two sharing a passionate kiss. Everyone applauded in joy and happiness as Gloriosa and Dustin separated with a deep blush.

Suddenly, Dustin felt Kraekan wrap a tentacle around him, pullig him in for a hug. Gloriosa giggled in response while many of the crowd laughed. Fehng the apprached and kicked his cheek like a dog would it's owner and the Leveau approached with smirks.

"Way to go, lucky dog." Amarillo said with a playful nudge. The Mane 7, the Dazzlings, Allister, and both Luna and Celestia looked to Dustin with smiles.

Pendragon was about to step off the stage, when Timber gets on with him

"I think they want another one." Timber said to Pendragon, the floral dragon looking to the crowd who were cheering.

Pendragon smiled and chuckled a it before giving in. "Ok, ok. If you request and emcore, than you shall have it." Pendragon said, earning another cheer from the crowd. "But I'm going to retire your aid, Timber." Pendragon then looks to Dusyin. "And you as well, my boy."

Dustin smiled as he walled his way to the stage. "What have you got in mind, man?"

Pendragon used his wings to pulls the two boys to him, whispering something to them. The boys smiling in response.

"Ooh! I canr recall the last time Gloriosa and I sung that with you." Timber said befode look to Dustin. "You know this song, don't you?"

"You kidding?" Dustin replied with a smirk. "I'd play it all the time on St. Patrick's day!"

"Then it's settled." Pendragon stated as a fee of his followers came into the stage with their instruments; a troll-like creature with a set of drums that looked like they were made of tree stumps, a humanoid tree with a lyre composed of wood and strings that looked like they were made if vines, and an elf-like woman holding a flute made of a milky-white crystal. And with that, the music began to play.

The crowd went absolutely wild as Timber, Dustin, and Pendragon took a bow.

(Later)

Gloriosa and Pendragon apprached to the Mane 7 and Dazzling. "Thank you." Gloriosa thanked as Pendragon bowed his head. "For everything. Oh, if I'd just asked for help in the first place..."

"Hey, don't sweat it, it's kinda what we do." Rianbow replied with a proud smirk.

"We are forever in your debt." Pendragon spoke, a soft smile to them. "And I can guarantee the geodes and Digitalismans are both in capable hands."

Timber then approached Twilight, making the bespectacled girl blush and giggle.

"I'm really glad I met you." Twilight spoke with a smile.

"Uh-oh." Timber uttered. "Timber Spruce: That sounds like a goodbye. And here I was hoping we'd still be able to hang out. Maybe get dinner and catch a movie?"

"Yeah. I'd really like that." Twilight replied while her friends looked with a smirk.

"While we're on the subject..." Gloriosa spoke with a soft smile as she apporached to Dustin, "I was wondering if you could... go for a date? If you've got nothing planned, that is?"

"I'll check my calender, sugar." Dustin said with a wink. "Maybe a trip to the Canterlot Zoo or the Botanical Garden?"

"I'd love that." Gloriosa spoke reolied with a giggle.

"Young love." Allister replied with a soft smile.

"I'll say." An elderly male male voice spoke, making them turn to see an elderly couple. One was a man pale tangelo skin with hair and a mustache that were two shades of grayish aquamarine, and grayish green. The other was a woman with pale amaranth skin, short hair that was two shades of moderate raspberry, light green eyes.

Gloruosa gasped in joy upon seeing the two. "Mammy! Pappy!" Glorios exclaimed as she and Timber hugged the two.

"Old Spice. Dove." Pendragon said with a smile before bowing to him. "What an unexpected surprise.

"Pendragon?" Dove asked with surprise. "Is that you?" Dove and Old Spice apporached Pendragon.

"My word." Old Spice uttered, just as surprised as his wife was. "You look younger last time I've seen ya. And it looks like your blight has cleared up."

"Blight?" Sunset asked, looking to Allister for insight.

"A type of disease Dracoflorasians get." Allister replied. "It's a rare disease, but it's fatal."

"I had some help with that, of course." Pendragon said, looking to Duatin and his friends. "Young friends, allow me to introduce you to Old Spice and Dove. The founders of Camp Everfree."

"HUH?!" Pinkie shouted incredulously.

"Pleasure." Old Spice replied with a smile, then looking to Dustin and Twilight. "And good to know our great-grandkids have found themselves

"Oh, juat look at these two." Dove said with a soft smile to Dustin and Twilight. "If we're lucky, we could live long enough to see some great-great-grandbabies!"

"Mammy!" Gloriosa and Timber called put in embarrassment while Twilight blushed madly and Dustin did a spit take from his drink.

"Easy now, honey." Old Spice said to Dove. "They're still in school."

"Plus, Shinning would blow a gasket if Twilight got..." Spike declared before he started hiccuping.

"Spike?" Twilight asked with a confused look. "Did you eat too fast again?"

"I don't think..." Spike said, but was interrupted with a blech as a ball off green flame escaped his mouth, the fireball hitting a nearby stalagmite while creating a cluster of bright green crystals.

The others were taken aback by what they had just seen.

"What... just happened?" Dustin asked, taken aback bybwhat he saw Spike do.

"Did I... Did I do that?" Spike asked in disbelief before belching again, only creating a small puff of green fire, much to the canine's shock.

"No way!" Sunset uttered in awe. "It looks like Spike can expel crystalizing fire."

"Really?" Spike asked, a big smile visible on his muzzle. "Awesome!"

"You don't suppose the Equestrian magic could be affecting Spike too, don't you?" Adagio pondered as Pixel examined Spike.

"I'm detecting some energy signatures from Spike," Pixel said with a surprised smile, "So it would appear so."

"Krypto, eat your heart out." Salazar uttered with a smirk towards Spike.

"Come, we have much catching up to do." Pendragon spoke as he walked off with Dove and Old Spice to the concession, and Timber and Gloriosa joined them. "I trust youve had a safe trip?"

Sunset looks to Twilight, a teasing smile on her face. "He does seem like a pretty cool guy." Sunset said, happy for Twilight.

"You know what else is cool?" Rainbow asked, "Our awesome new superpowers! I handed out, like, four hundred fliers, set up the stage, and still had time to pick up pizza! I love my super-speed!"

"And not to mention Dustin got a kickass new power from those Digitalismans." Aria said, nudging at Dustin.

"About that." Sunset said in thought. "I think the crystals are the source of the superpowers."

"You're not gonna ask us to give them up, are you?" Twilight asked.

"No." Sunset replied with a shake of her head. "In fact, I think maybe we were meant to have them all along."

"Me, too." Twilight agreed, and so did the others.

"But two two questions remina." Dustin pondered. "First, Where did the magic that hit this cave come from? And secondl, how did the Digitalismans end up here?"


Meanwhile


Back at Canterlot High, we see the the podium where the horse statue that once stood, a smakk crack was visible on it.

Seems like nothing out of the ordinary right? Wrong!

The crack began to get bugger, and from it came multiple streaks of magic.


In a dark area, where we bunch of glowing eyes of various colors looking at a sphere. Within the sphere was a projectjon of none other than our young heroes.

Author's Note:

Only one chapter left. And of course, a follower of the series named nightshroud96 wanted Spike to be included in the action. So, I gave Spike the power of crystallizing fire protection.

All that's left is the Epilogue and this story will be finished.