• Published 19th Jun 2023
  • 550 Views, 63 Comments

You're Okay - TheKing2001



When Lyra comes home from Canterlot after a music show, she finds a filly sleeping alone and takes her home.

  • ...
5
 63
 550

Chapter VII

“So what exactly do we do?” I asked as I flung my hind legs out of the edge of the couch as Bon Bon and Cheerilee examined the paper Heat Wave gave us at the orphanage. We had asked Cheerilee for help because she was better at legal documents than us.

“Basically you sign all these, give your ID to these ponies. They do background checks, check your records. They don’t want to give ponies to abusive homes or ponies with bad records. You get your house examined. Safety and all that. I recommend you keep the knives locked away, keep any other weapons locked up and any adult items locked too,” Cheerilee said as she tapped a hoof on the spread out papers.

“Okay. Sounds managable,” I mused as I tossed a bouncy ball up and down with my magic. “I’ve been in jail for a day. Would that affect us at all?”

“Yes Lyra, do tell us what you were in jail for,” Bon Bon smirked as she looked at me expectantly. Cheerilee raised an eyebrow as she too looked at me and I looked around for a way out.

“Oh I forgot to pay a ticket. Jaywalking back when I was in college.” There may have been alcohol involved too but it was such a small amount, who cares? Not even the police pony cared. Benefits of blowing under the legal limit.

“You should be fine. That’s such a minor thing. They won’t care about that.”

“You went to college?”

“I’m not as stupid as you two think you know?” I scoffed as I rolled my eyes. Bon Bon and Cheerilee made sputtering sounds as Cheerilee wrapped a hoof around me.

“We never thought you were stupid.”

“Ever,” Bon Bon added as she hugged me.

“But uhm yeah your ticket problem shouldn’t cause any issues.”

“Thank Celestia,” I muttered as I started signing papers with Bon Bon for the next hour. Bon Bon gave a satisfied sound as she spat her pen out.

“You know, you made that jail story sound way more interesting than it actually turned out to,” Bon Bon commented as she stretched. “I expected something a bit more exciting, considering how wild our life can get with all the random adventures we end up on.”

“Would you rather I lie?”

“No,” Bon Bon admitted after a moment of silence. “We agreed after the incident. No secrets.”

“The incident?” Cheerilee asked with a raised eyebrow as she drank some of the lemonade Bon Bon had offered her earlier. We were a lemonade enthusiast household. Lemonade of all time was drank her, alcoholic and non alcoholic.

“It’s complicated. It happened during the wedding incident with the bug bear,” Bon Bon said nervously as she peeked out the window. “Nothing well super serious.”

“Okay so we’re done with the paperwork right?” I asked hopefully. Cheerilee gave a low chuckle as she shook her head, pointing a hoof to a stack of untouched papers.

Bon Bon and I looked at each other as we groaned.


“I swear I’m gonna die,” I grumbled as I paced back and forth in front of the window. It had been five days since we submitted all the paperwork. Bon Bon and I had been up late into the night, getting everything sorted out.

Cheerilee had wanted to stay and help but she had work the next day. Now we were waiting for the inspection pony. Scootaloo was temporarily at Cheerilees along with some items of hers.

Cheerilee had went off on us both about not telling anypony about Scootaloo and the legality of it. Or well, the lack of legality of it. Something about it technically being ponynapping and could not let us keep Liza.

“You know pacing is a sign of turmoil, a sign of coping with anxiety, great memory aid, improve cognitive function with time, signs of being overwhelmed, restless or agitated?”

I stared at Bon Bon as she sat on the couch with a book in confusion.

“I’m going to act like I know half of what the hell you just said and move on with my day.”

Bon Bon groaned as a knock paused my pacing as we both glanced at the door. I hastily opened it with my magic and smiled warmly at the mare.

“Hi!”

“Hello. I’m here to inspect your home for adoption,” the mare said as I let her inside. “I’m Golden Justice. Shall we begin?”

We nodded as we followed her around the house. She peeked in each room, writing on her clipboard and occasionally messing with doors and other items in the rooms.

“Who’s room is this?” Golden Justice asked as she walked into Scootaloos room and examined the decently sized room with the bunk bed.

“It’s a room we made for a filly,” Bon Bon said with a forced smile. Technically it wasn’t a lie. It was made for a filly, just not Liza. We originally planned on having her sleep with us before we decided to give her a room. Privacy and all.

Golden Justice nodded in approval as she wrote on her clipboard.

“Alright let’s go down to the kitchen and discuss your results.”

She followed us down the stairs as we faced her in the kitchen.

“So? How did we do?” Bon Bon asked hopefully as she drank some water.

“I’m sorry,” Golden Justice sighed as we both looked down before she smiled. “You passed. I did see minor problems that need to be fixed. Bathroom needs the shower curtain fixed, the soap holder is broken, the kitchen needs the knives put in a safer place and the fillies room needs a lock on it. But as I said, minor problems. I’ll drop the paperwork off at the office so you two can get started on getting Liza adopted.”

We watched as she left out the door and gently shut it behind her. We shifted our focus to each other with wide eyes.

“We did it?” I muttered under my breath. “We actually fucking did it.” We jumped around the living room with probably the biggest shit eating grins anypony has ever seen.

“You’re damn right we did it,” Bon Bon grinned as she wrapped her hooves around me. “Now let’s go sleep. I’m exhausted. Cheerilee did offer to look after Scootaloo for the night.”

I gave a nod as I used my magic to drag Bon Bon to the couch. Sleeping on the couch had a odd appeal to it.

Author's Note:

Be sure to check this out! https://www.fimfiction.net/group/217012/sunsets-and-the-others-lives/thread/524796/future-stories

I also found out at about 12 or so (currently 2 am at the time this gets uploaded), that French fries shrink in the oven. Who fucking knew?