• Published 19th Jun 2023
  • 550 Views, 63 Comments

You're Okay - TheKing2001



When Lyra comes home from Canterlot after a music show, she finds a filly sleeping alone and takes her home.

  • ...
5
 63
 550

Chapter VI

I yawned as I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes with a hoof.

“Good morning,” Bon Bon muttered as I looked at her with wide eyes. “I’m kinda pinned down at the moment.” I resisted the urge to make a dirty joke as I levitated the four fillies sleeping on her barrel as she gave me a grateful nod. “For a pair of fillies who doesn’t eat much, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle weigh a lot. This wasn’t the most comfortable way to sleep.”

“I bet,” I chuckled as I levitated the fillies onto the floor under their blankets. When they got in bed with us, I’ll never know. They had been asleep on the floor when we went to sleep. “You want me to get started on breakfast while you tidy up?”

“I’ll do breakfast. The last time you tried to cook, you almost set the kitchen on fire. And then we would have had to get the cmc firefighters to put it out” Bon Bon smirked as she slid out of bed onto her hooves and trotted to the door.

“Gee thanks.”

The door opened and closed quietly as I sighed, staring at the fillies as I rolled out of the bed, hitting my face on the floor and gave a low groan as I rubbed my face with a hoof.

“Ow. Alright fillies, time to wake up,” I shook the fillies with my magic as they all groaned and opened their eyes. “Bon Bon is making breakfast, we have to take three of the four of you home, drop Scootaloo off at Octavia’s and then I have an appointment with Bon Bon.”

“For what?” Scootaloo asked as she yawned and stood up. I opened the door where the smell of pancake batter snuck up the stairs as I lead the fillies down into the living area.

“Visiting a less than fortunate filly just like yourself. Maybe you’ll be meeting her shortly.”

“Do I know her?” Scootaloo asked curiously as we sat down at the table.

“I think so? I’m not sure.”

“Mom says I’m not allowed too many sweets for breakfast,” Dinky said as I levitated plates and cups to the room. “Says it makes me overly hyper for the rest of the day.”

“We know. Proud of you for telling us. Most fillies wouldn’t,” Bon Bon said as she entered the room with a plate of pancakes and hay bacon on her back. I levitated the tray to the middle of the table as we waited for the kids to get their breakfast before we got our own food.

“You’re a good cook,” Sweetie Belle chirped as she drank from her orange juice glass. “Wish I was. I almost burnt the kitchen down the last time I tried.”

Bon Bon chuckled as she drank from her coffee mug as I smirked faintly.

“Thanks kid. You can come anytime and we will try to teach ya.”

“Really?” Sweetie asked eagerly.

“Really.”


Bon Bon and I trotted into the orphanage as I glanced around looking for Liza. I really hoped she was still here. I know that sounds kinda bad saying I hoped a filly was in an orphanage but it’s complicated.

A baby blue blur startled us as the blur attached itself to my foreleg and I looked down at Liza’s bright purple eyes.

“Hi!” Liza grinned as I patted her back with my free leg.

“Hey kid!” I grinned as Liza let go to hug Bon Bon. Bon Bon returned it as we lead the tiny unicorn to a nearby table.

“You guys haven’t been to see me in a while. Thought you guys forgot about me,” Liza chuckled nervously as she tapped her hooves on the table. “You guys didn’t, did you?”

“Of course not!” Bon Bon reassured her as she grabbed the tiny hooves with her own. “We just had a lot of changes go on. We found a homeless filly we’ve been temporarily looking after. It’s been difficult getting her situated.”

“Oh,” Liza sighed as I looked at Bon Bon with a raised eyebrow.

“We got something big planned. Just you wait and see!” I said with a large grin. “You’re gonna love it. Trust me. Why don’t you show Bon Bon what you showed me last time while I go talk to Heat Wave, deal?”

“Deal!” Liza said happily as the filly evidently forget she was upset. She grabbed Bon Bons hoof and dragged my protesting marefriend away.

I trotted to the nearby office and knocked on it as it pushed up to reveal a red unicorn with a red mane and a red quill cutie mark. She glanced up and waved me in.

“Hey Heat Wave,” I forced a smile as I sat across from her.

“Lyra.”

I gulped nervously at her stern tone. Normally she was way more jovial and friendly.

“What’s up with you? You seem more annoyed than usual.”

“Yeah well when ponies come into my orphanage and jerk my fillies and colts around into giving them false hope they’ll be adopted, I tend to get annoyed. You’re playing with that filly like a plaything and it’s wrong.”

“That is not even close to what we’re doing!” I snapped and slammed a hoof on the table as Bon Bon glanced over with a raised eyebrow as Liza showed her some paintings she did. “We aren’t bad ponies who hurt others for fun. We’re serious about taking Liza. Give me the paperwork, have somepony come to our house to do the evaluations and we will come get her when we are accepted.”

Heat Wave examined me with narrowed eyes as I gulped nervously yet again. She levitated a large folder out of a nearby cabinet and set it in front of me. She pulled it back as I reached for it with a hoof and I glared at her. I will admit it was very rare for me to get angry but it happens. Especially when I get accused of being a jerk.

“Don’t make me regret this. One more time and I will not let you back in here,” she warned as she let the folder go.

I gave a nod as I pulled the folder to me with my magic and bounced out of the room, eager to tell Bon Bon.