• Published 9th May 2023
  • 354 Views, 1 Comments

Harry Potter & the Obligatory Adventurer - ScarletRhine



A young man receives an invitation to attend a school for magic.

  • ...
6
 1
 354

WANDS, Trains, & a battered hat

The next two days were calm and interesting. It began with three shrill voices crying out. Alex rolled out of bed and into a kneeling Position hands glowing. Tom and several wizards burst into the room, wands drawn. The Girls were standing in what could only be described as a totem pole with the yellow one at the bottom braced, the unicorn girl on top of her with the pegasus girl on top[1] and they were pointing at the mirror. “It Talked” They shouted in unison[2]. They shouted in unison.

“You don’t know about magic mirrors?” Max asked as she walked in her wings sparking with both embers and electricity. “You told me yesterday you lived in a world of fairy tales compared to my old one or even this world, magic mirrors that allow people to instant face time is a trope of that kind of thing! How do you not know about it?”

Alex let the glow fade and sighed. “Ignore it.” He said. “By the way, we got to get you three some clothes. You can borrow these.” He then took his backpack off and pulled out three child’s kilts and three t-shirts. The three fillies got dressed with the help of a visiting scottish wizard before Alex asked, “Now that we got that out of the way would you three please introduce yourselves?”

“Ah’’m Apple Bloom.” The yellow earth pony remarked.

The unicorn Responed with, “I am Sweetie Belle.”

The pegasus Answered, “And I’m Scootaloo.”

Alex smiled be fore saying, “I’m Alexandre Viator. But call me Alex.”

Tom then said, “Well everybody down stairs. After this bit of excitement we need to get something to eat.” He, the wizards, and Alex and the fillies went down into the common room, where the fillies and Alex took the same booth the fillies arrived in. Once there they ordered oatmeal (extra apples for Apple Bloom & Extra brown sugar for Alex) and waited for Professor McGonalgall to arrive to escort them back to Olivander’s.

Max was literally eating enough for six people this was unusual even for her where she would usually eat for two and a half people around 5,000 calories a day at least, which fun fact is actually the amount recommended for people traveling in the Antarctic and Arctic regions of the Earth since eating so much will allow the body to burn more calories effectively allowing core temperature to remain stable something Max had learned when she was doing Antarctic research at one point in her old life, ever since her wings had started responding to her emotions and giving off magic when she was angry or pumped up she's been feeling more and more drained with each day having stepped up her meals while paying for it from her constantly refilling bag of platinum and golden coins. The wizarding world rarely used Platinum coins as they were mostly for international Bank transactions but they were worth around a thousand gold galleons because of this this had surprised even Alex upon learning exactly what he had given away.

As the group approached the one shop they could feel the magic coming off of the area. Such concentrated power was something incredible and was only possible due to the four custom wands in the store itself. A large amount of the ministry of magics or were Force were standing outside Ollivander had told Amelia exactly what he was going to do to create the one so quickly and what he had planned on retrieving from his family vault. So making these wands was incredibly dangerous and only legal because it was Ollivander in the first place, the main wand maker family in the entire world.³

"I'm new to this whole magic thing but that don't feel right." Max said with a drawling southern accent trying to make it be a bit funny while also expressing her opinion. "Although something tells me that we should get in there before he kills himself with that power."

Alex just nodded before walking into the wandmaker’s shop. The shop was still as unassuming as yesterday and he hid a smile when the wandmaker made his presence known. “We’re here for our wands sir.” he said.

Instead of an answer a shining white light literally jetted itself into Alex's hand, the light fading quickly to reveal a crystal copy of the elder wand with a ever-shifting rainbow core just visible through the semi transparent Crystal which in and of itself seem to have a rainbow sheen. "It seems that the crystal wand was made for you. No wand that I've ever seen before has reacted like this." The wandmaker said as Max and Alex saw something incredible a woman easily 10 ft tall that looks like a fusion between the three girls before them with a rainbow mane and tail filled with ever shifting nebulae, galaxies and much more place a hand on Alex's shoulder with a gentle smile.

"You three were incredibly difficult to craft for the last time any Ollivander crafted on one using star beast fibers as the core was when that was created and it killed the Creator due to the explosive amount of power it held within." Ollivander said pointing to the crystal wand. "Unlike the mystical beasts we use to create the core of the wand on Earth it seems the star piece Will is transferred over to the wand making them incredibly choosy but it seems that you three were meant to have them, they equal the Great potential of Potter's wand for sure." Ollivander said handing the girls they're specially crafted one each of the girls could actually recognize the wood that the wands were made out of. It seemed to be the exact same wood as their tree house as if it came from the tree it was built in. The mention of star beasts made their eyes shine quickly yet they also knew how dangerous such creatures could be. "Use them well. I do not believe they will ever serve another master so do not break them." Ollivander warned.

Alex carefully set the crystal wand and set it down then on the counter, then set his backpack on the ground then reaches in to one of the main chambers and pulls out an unopened “Magic Kit” to the surprise of every one save Max. Opening ballsit, they saw, cards, cups, balls and what appeared to be a wand that was a black cylinder with a white tip. They watched as Alex detached the black end, retrieved his wand, then slide the crystal wand into the ‘toy’ wand, the crystal altering it's shape to fit inside, then replace the part he removed. "There. Now no one will want it, unless they have the Deathly Hallow known as the Elder Wand. Plus I can use it to use magic among the Nomajs to earn money as a street performer and the oblibliators won't have wipe their minds."

McGonagall looked at the magic kit then said, "Is this why your family survived the witch hunts?"

Alex nodded. "My family has been working behind the scenes to remove the fear of magic from the non magicals. That toy kit is proof that the nomajs no longer fear magic. That work just provided me away to both hide and protect my wand."

McGonagall nodded and took the kit, "I could use the items in my demonstrations at hogwarts."

The group then returned to the Leaky Cauldron for dinner. Before they left McGonagall informed them to be on platform 9 ¾. After that the five of them hit the hay.


The next day, the five of them, with the help of an old witch going to a place called Hogsmede went to Kings Cross station, platform 9 ¾. They boarded the train and went to a large compartment and sat down in it. Max left to find another compartment and as she left the boy he bumped Into the prior day, entered. "My I come in?" He asked. Alex and the fillies nodded and he sat down. A sort time later a red headed boy open the door and said, "every other compartment is full, may I sit here?" Harry nodded and the red-head walked in.

The red-head came in and sat down then said, "I'm Ron Weasely. Who're you lot."

"Ah'm Apple Bloom."

"I'm Scootaloo."

"I'm Sweetie Belle"

"Alex."

"Potter, Harry Potter"

Ron got a look of surprise then said, "Do you have the…" Then motioned to his own forehead. Harry ruefully lifted his hair revealing a lighting bolt shaped scar. "Wicked." Was all Ron said before an old witch pushing a cart laden with snacks. "Anything from the cart dearies?"

After seeing the variety on offer Harry pulled out around 30 golden gallons and said "We'll take the lot."

40 minutes later

The group had dig into a few of the vast amount of candy as they thanked Harry. At the moment Alex, the only one with a foot in the magical and mundane, was wondering about something. "The whole wizarding world has heard the story of you defeating Voldemort but no one I bet had asked you this, what happened to you after? You never showed up again till the other day so where were you and how are you handling the fame?"

"I'm still getting used to it." Harry replied. "Until the day we bumped Into each other I didn't know magic existed." Alex nodded but before he could respond, the door revealing the boy whose father he held. "I've heard that Har…YOU!" He said when his gaze fell onto Alex who calmly said, "Me. Hello Malformed."

"You attacked my Father!"

"When he tried to pull out his wand, I ended the spell fight."

"You beat Lucius Malfoy in a duel?" Ron asked.

"It was a spell fight not a duel, he just tried to pull out his wand without issuing a challenge."

Malfoy calmed himself then said, "I'm Draco Malfoy. And this Crabbe and Goyle."

"Oi rat boy!" The group heard from the window, causing them to look out at the girl flying next to the train. "Back off before I get in there and beat you 10 ways to Sunday!" Max said through the open window having been able to hear everything thanks to her enhanced senses. While not as extreme as some of the other people mutated by the experiments of the School and Itex she still had enhanced hearing and sight.

Draco stared at the winged freak before closing the door with a slam. "Thanks Max." Alex said. "Malformed was close to getting punched in the face." A couple of hours go by before the door is opened and a bushy haired girl looks in and asks, "Has anybody seen a toad? Neville has lost his."

Alex looked away from the window and responded, "Nope. No toads here."

“Holy crap! How are You outside the Train?!” The girl asked as she rushed into the room.

“She can fly with her wings," Scootaloo grumbled, her arms crossed as she looked away.

"How about asking the school healer for help with your wings?" Alex asked Scootaloo then turned his attention to the girl. "Excuse me. But who are you?"

The girl looked at Alex in surprise and said, "oh! Sorry. My name is Harmonie Granger." She then noticed Harry's glasses and added "Hold on." Before pulling her wand out and casting "Repairo" and Harry's glasses were repaired. A few minutes later she said, "We're almost at Hogwarts. We better get in our robes. The fillies started to change causing Harmonie to say, "Not with the boys present!" Alex, Harry and Ron left the compartment at Harmonie's insistence. After a few moments the girls stepped out & they went back in. Alex got a surprised look and a jealous glare from Ron when he put on a cape and with a single motion looked like he was wearing a robe. He stood near the window and talked Max into going in and changing into her robes.

At the station they followed the call of "FIR' YEARS THIS WAY! FIR' YEARS THIS WAY!" To a mountain of a man.

There were several boats there and they climbed into them four to a boat. Harry, Harmonie, Ron & Neville in one, the fillies in another & Alex with A pair of twins and another girl in a third. After the last first besides Max who was hovering above the water having mentioned she needed to get used to flying in her robes so he would do so on the way there, year boarded the boats they floated over the lake towards the castle. Never looking over the side of the boat and noticing a tentacle passed by just underneath. "Um…, Hagrid, what was that?!" Neville said, pointing at the water.

That's the freshwater colossal squid, a magical variation of the normal. It gets far bigger around the size of the kraken at its oldest; this one is merely an adolescent soon enough it'll have to be moved to one of the American Great lakes for more room." Hagrid said "don't worry about it though it mostly likes to scare first years but never harms anything, got it off of a fellow at the pub! Trained it meself!"⁴

After this scare everyone pretty much stayed within the bounds of the boats until they reached the stone dock and headed up the stairs to the entrance hall where the deputy headmistress Minerva McGonagall stood.

"Here ya go." Hagrid said. "Brought 'em safe and sound."

McGonagall nodded and said, "Thank you Hagrid. That'll be all." She turned her attention to the first years and said "follow me." When she turned & led them into the entrance hall, once there, she stopped at a door where she turned around to face them to say, "Past this door you will be sorted into your house. While you're here, your house will be your family. Your triumphs & defeats will be shared. Now wait here until this door opens again and we'll proceed with the sorting." She then went through the door, closing it behind her.

As they waited Alex heard the others guess on what the sorting was. Some of the guesses were funny, some weren't. But when Ron said, "My brothers claimed they'll make us wrestle Trolls." He had to speak up, "Ron take a look about this room, do you see any weapons on the walls? I see none so combat would not how they sort us."

Just as he finished, the door opened and they filed into the Great Hall. There was four long tables with students sitting at them with a fifth where it looked like the teaching staff was sitting at. He noticed a lot of candles floating above and what appeared to be the night sky. "It's enchanted to look like the outside. I read it in Hogwarts: A History" He heard Harmonie say.

When the the unsorted students got to the bottom of the Darius, a stoll with a beat up hat. "When I call your name you will sit on the stool and the sorting hat will place you in your house. When you have been sorted, you will join your housemates at the table." She looked at the the unsorted first years then called out, "Abbot, Hannah." The girl nervously walked up and sat on the stool. The Sorting hat was placed on her head. A few moments later the hat shouted, "HUFFLEPUFF!"

The girl removed the hat, yellow trimming her robe. She then walked to the table where the students had yellow trim. Professor McGonagall looked at her list a second time and called, “Aloo, Scoot."

The Sorting proceeded without a problem with the fillies & Max end up in Gryffindor. Harry caused the Weasley twins to shout "WE GOT POTTER! WE GOT POTTER!" Afterwards, Professor McGonagall called out, "Viator, Alexandre." The Sorting Hat was placed on his head, "Well, well, well." A voice said in his mind. "It has been a few centuries since I sorted a member of your family. Welcome back. Welcome to GRYFFINDOR!" With that Alex joined his house.


Author's Note:

[1] My apologies to Dogger807 for using the Everfree Totem without his permission.
[2] As well as the talking mirror scare.
³ It is well known in the Harry Potter world that you can get wands from other people who make them but Ollivander is the most reputable and extensive source of them in the entire Harry Potter world. The main way wizards get wands outside of Ollivanders and the few other sellers is through wizarding duels typically the user who lost will have their wand stay with them but on rare occasions a wizard can lose their wands allegiance and it will transfer to the winner. Reference deathly hallows part 2 movie and deathly hallows book.
⁴ for those that don't know Hagrid has a habit of getting various creatures from people betting them at the hogsmead pub. It's how he got fluffy how he will get Norbert and how he got the giant squid. I just changed the species to colossal since that is the biggest type of squid in IRL. All of this is canonical this is also how we got Aragog the giant talking spider friend of his.