• Published 9th May 2023
  • 354 Views, 1 Comments

Harry Potter & the Obligatory Adventurer - ScarletRhine



A young man receives an invitation to attend a school for magic.

  • ...
6
 1
 354

Traveler meets Potter

The next shop was Flourish & Blotts. As they were walking up a pale blonde headed boy tried to force his way past. Alex swept his arm and pushed the boy behind him. Even though the boy resisted he was pushed back. He bristled and said, "You DARE?!" He said in anger and surprise. "Do you know who I am?" Alex looked at him carefully then said, "A scion of House Malformed, one of the weak blood houses." A tall person dressed like a Victorian gentleman harshly replied, "That's Malfoy whelp. You should address your elders and betters with respect." Alex glared at the wizard, "Coming from a guy that dresses like it's 19th century I say I am. Until House Malformed marries magicless, mageborn, or half bloods it's magic will grow weaker until their magic is too weak to activate a wand." The wizard gets red with rage and starts to pull his wand when Alex casts, "HOLD" the wizard freezes, finding himself unable to move. The youngster looked at his father, then at Alex and asked, "My what did you do to my father?!"

Alex just ignored him and went in. Later at the Leaky Caldron Professor McGonagall watched as Alex packed his backpack, her eyes widening as Alex put all his purchases into it. Alex noted her look and said, "Adventurer's Backpack of Holding, has five compartments. Two that hold enough for a trunk, two that have the capacity of a small suitcase & one with the capacity of a large suitcase. Comes in handy, especially as it doesn't use extra-dimensional spaces, but expanded spaces." He then placed his shrunken trunk in one of the small pockets. Professor McGonagall looked at Alex and said, "I see you know wandless magic for I saw cast a spell without using a wand. You must have a high potential." Alex nodded before saying, "That's what Vartarcar tells me." Minerva looked at Alex in puzzlement then said, "who is Vartarcar? That name doesn't sound like it belongs to a human." "It doesn't." Alex responded, "Vartarcar is a dark elf." Professor McGonagall sat in a chair behind her in surprise at Alex's how easily admitted he had a non-human teacher. "Mister Viator I am surprised you know of elves." Alex nodded. "Being part of an adventuring family has it's perks. Also Var is comming with me to tutor me in Defense Against Magics or as you call it Defense Against the Dark Arts. That's non negotiable." Professor McGonagall nodded. "Then I shall bid you farewell." With that the Professor left. Alex used the magical key to his vault to gain access to it, and placed the ledger on a table next to the door then left and shut the door. He then walked down into the Leaky Caldron and sat at a booth. When a young witch walked up to him he said, "I'll have the..umph!"

The girl was confused, just 2 minutes ago she'd been drowning after a massive tidal wave smashed into her and her family and now here she was standing in a British pub holding a backpack full of exotic items. Her training kicked in and she looked for a secluded place out of the way glad to not be able to smell antiseptic but the area was still causing her hackles to raise. Sitting in the farthest corner from the entrance at a rather small table she observed the room. "Too many people here and all of it is weirding me out. None of these people are Erasers but they're outfits just do not fit with anything I know." She thought to herself as she opened her backpack seeing a few recognizable items, a good knife, some camping supplies, a bag of dried jerky and a portable fire starter stick, what she didn't recognize was the thing that made the backpack heavy a cloth bag tied shut with a red cord and a letter which was laying next to the bag.

Alex watches the girl as she looks around the Leaky. He notices the Hogwarts letter laying in a backpack and the way she looks lost. Making a decision he said, "Hello? My na.." Adventuring reflexes from a lifetime of training had him knocking her attack to one side and disarming her. His being only eleven had knocked the weapon to the ground rather than ending up in his hand. "Now that's not a way to treat someone who is just trying to introduce himself." He chided.

'He wants to help you.' the girl heard in her head as her knife landed on the ground. Angel if that is you or if it's Dad leave me alone after what both of you did I don't need your crap anymore! She responded knowing that it was psychic communication after all this time made her annoyed.

'I am neither Angel nor your father, those two were the sources of my presence in your old world and this one I am something completely different who will reveal themselves in time I promise' The Voice said, being far more direct with its answers then any of the other two who had used it in her presence. No one noticed that a person in a hooded black cloak seemed to be focusing on the two in their confrontation.

"Kid I don't know what's going on but I have been through some shit." The girl said before looking surprised at her own voice. "Great I sound like I was when I was 11." She muttered "I've been on the run for most of my life so you approaching me like that caused me to reflexively attack, leave me alone for now I need to get my bearings."

"No." Alex sternly replied. "You're in need of help and I am going to help you. I pledge the resources of the Viator clan to shield & protect you. As well eliminating your hunters. As I have said, So mote it be." The mystical pulse that ripples outward had everyone in the pub look towards the pair. The bar keep then said, "Young lady, you might as well accept that lad's help. That pulse you felt was magic accepting his oath. His Family is known for the strength of it's magic"

Alex then held out his hand to her. “It alas looks like you’ve been isekaied.” He then pulled out

"Fuck you all! Magic doesn't exist! I'm out of here!" The girl said as she ran towards the entrance and the hooded figure following her, the girl's knife that was on the floor was somehow picked up by the cloaked figure as it passed over it.

"Is that so?" Remarked Alex. "Hold." The girl froze in mid stride. Alex could see her muscles quiver as she tried to will them to move. He walked in front of her then said. "As you can see magic exists from the fact I just froze you in place without using clear odorless gas or dart coated with paralyzing poison. Now are you going to be reasonable or are we going to just stand around for about seven minutes and observe the goings on." The girl looked around with her eyes and noticed that several had what appeared to be sticks in their hands. Unsure of what would've happened, she surprised herself by nodding and got another surprise when her limbs unfreeze. "Further proof that magic exists." He said. Looking at a clock he added. "It's lunchtime care to join me in filling our bellies?"

As soon as she was free the girl punched Alex in the face and ran out of the leaky cauldron. Hagrid, who'd been drinking at the bar, remarked on this. "Kid, you done messed up, she was already freaking out and if you didn't notice she has a pair of wings. Using magic on a muggle born especially as an underage wizard is not a thing to be happy about." At this response Alex felt himself Stupefied as multiple wizarding policemen appeared around him. "And that's why."

"Young man you are under arrest for breaking the underage wizarding act even in the wizarding areas you are not allowed to use magic before you turn 17." An older woman said that as she showed her badge. "You used your magic on Lucius Malfoy earlier and on that young woman a few moments ago. Sorry to say but you will be confined to Diagon Alley jail until you are released to go to Hogwarts."

Out of the corner of his eye Alex could see Lucius Malfoy behind the group sneering at him.

Alex shook off the stunners and smiled and said, "Actually miss bones" the woman that looks surprised that this Foreigner recognized her. "Mr Malfoy pulled out his wand and began to speak a spell. All I did was in self-defense." Alex sighed. "Sigh."

"While I'm surprised that you know my name meant that detail was withheld from me so if others can verify-" Miss bones said before McGonagall apparated into the room.

"Amelia this young man did act in self-defense against Malfoy that should exonerate him from using his magic against Lucius." The teacher said having been there to witness it and to discuss how Alex knew about wandless magic.

"I absolutely trust you Minerva, your word is as good as Dumbledore's when it comes to matters such as this. Sadly that does not exonerate him from using magic against a Pier since that is still under age magic use he shall be held for one day the train doesn't leave for another three at the very least so that should give him time to think about when it's appropriate to use magic as an underage wizard." The now named Amelia Bones said.

"Your name is on your badge." Alex said. "It's visible to anyone perceptive enough." He then looked towards Tom and asked, "Is it possible to get a serving of Chili or something filling to go?"

As they waited, Alex looked at Madam Bones then said, "Director Bones. I would like to introduce myself as Alexandre Viator of the ancient and just house of Viator. And the current head of the family."

The shock on their faces, even the stern McGonagall brought a smile to his face. To everybody else in the pub, the Viator's steadfast refusal to sign the Statute then vanished without a trace, everyone assumed that they were killed off. But if this boy was a Viator then that family was more powerful than was expected or more crafty. Alex got back into the booth just as the waitress placed a bowl of Chilli near his seat.

"Well that explains why he feels so strongly about using magic on others, even underage, as the head of a foreign lost household he technically has diplomatic immunity." Amelia Bones said to herself. "Still I have to follow my protocol. I can't let him know this just yet besides putting him in jail is more to keep him safe than to punish him considering Lucius and his former, possibly ongoing relations with the darkness."

"Sir Viator,"Amelia said glad that their Stupefy spell only lasted enough time for her to explain things to Alex earlier. "Once you have any you will be detained until we get full proof from Gringotts that you are who you say you are." Thinking of an alternate way to detain Alex as she was speaking. Your family vault here has grown substantially with interest in the past 180 years since the statute of secrecy was signed internationally by the noble houses, tried to claim your vault so this is standard procedure I'm sorry if it is true who you say you are but because of this we do have to detain you take a sample of your blood and bring it to Gringotts luckily jail is allowed to be served food from the leaky cauldron so during that time you will not be treated as muggles treat their prisoners."

A few moments later the girl from earlier was brought back in her body completely stiff as a board with her wings extended and bruises all over her while one of the wizards had an obvious black eye and broken nose. "Look miss you were drawing attention to the entrance of the pub something we cannot allow due to the statute of secrecy. no I don't care that you don't know about this it is still against wizarding law and if you can get in here you obviously have some sort of magic whether that be because you're a squib or because of your unique… biology." The man holding her completely stiff body said. "The only people that can get past the notice me not charms and illusions that make this look like a dingy Old pub on its last legs, are those that have some form of magic. Now once the petrificus totalus spell wears off you can have your freak out but do it somewhere where you won't draw attention to the pub!" None of the groups save Alex and Hagrid noticed the floating figure behind the wizards who had brought the girl in.

Alex sighed. "That's MISTER Viator as none of my family has been knighted …yet. If I may, I have a request to make." He got out of the booth and waited. Alex ate his Chilli then said to Director Bones, "How about you and your subordinates grab a bite to eat before you haul me off, on me. And this is not a bribe but me being kind. It's lunch time and I know non magical cops hate it when they get a call at lunch." As Alex bent down to take a bite of the Chilli, a portal appears behind and three forms fall through every and land on top of Alex causing him to face plant into his bowl.

"TARNATION DISCORD!" One of the anthro fills shouted at the closing portal.

"Actually your family was knighted a long time ago in The wizarding world. The Muggle Queen has known authority over your Noble status within the wizarding world Sir Viator." Amelia said as she walked over to examine the three anthros. "Now who are you three and how did you get here?" She said her voice filled with authority. "Also Sir Alex we're not going to haul you off. Again the detaining is only to completely confirm who you are, standard procedure." She said, muttering to herself afterwards. "I'm so glad Dumbledore convinced the ministry to observe muggle police in their day-to-day activities. It allowed the ministry's procedures to become a bit more efficient. Our wands are like those weapons they carry, just more useful since we can stun and injure with one weapon instead of needing multiple."

The girls climbed off Alex, allowing him to get a mouthful of air after he swallowed the mouthful of chili. A fourth form falling onto the table across from his bowl.


Ten minutes ago in Equestria, three industrious fillies finished refurbishing their clubhouse. "Steps one, two, three and four are done." A white unicorn filly with a pink & purple mane tail said. "Getting the framework and floor built is done." A yellow filly with a brilliant red mane and tail added. An Orange pegasus filly with stunted wings and purple tail & mane said, "I don't see the point of giving the clubhouse more rooms and working plumbing."

The yellow filly put on a bow saying, "Just preparing for when we get a chance at a foal sitting cutie marks."

"And you girls should have a chance to do so sooner than you think." A voice said coming up the stairs. "It's not the exact same as full babysitting but pet sitting is a good place to start! Spike's pet Phoenix Peewee has shown up again and I need you to look after her for a few hours while I call up Dr Fauna to give her a medical evaluation via Dragonfire." Tempe, a more adult light purple almost lavender alicorn dragon hybrid, said as she let the small but beautiful female Phoenix fly into the treehouse off of her shoulder.

"Now she's in no risk of a burning day so don't worry about the treehouse being lit on fire from her being sick. Still treat her as if she was a younger child. for one Phoenixes tend to have just as much intelligence as a pony if Philomena is anything like a standard Phoenix .Peewee is only a few years old even though she's fully grown. Her mind is still that of a teenager or even a younger child." The smaller Phoenix was looking around at the renovated treehouse seemingly admiring the additions. "She likes reading comics just like Spike so if you have any of his old ones show them to her so occupy her time. Also from what I've heard of Philomena and this might not be true for Peewee but take this into consideration she would consider Spike one of her parents even if not her biological one so that's why I want to make sure she's healthy."

"I just wish there was a school where I could learn magic." Sweetie Belle said.

"Your wish is my command!" Discord's voice rings out. Followed by a snap a portal opened up under the fillies causing them to tumble through. The rambunctious trio landed on a stallion. The portal closed before the pony could react. Unbeknownst both Discord and tempeh Peewee had landed on scootaloo's head falling through the portal with them


Back at the Leaky Caldron… a large male Phoenix alighted on the table of the booth. It had four letters, one in its beak the rest tied to its legs.

"Now this is interesting. Fawkes doesn't usually deliver any letters from Hogwarts itself then again this is unusual circumstances" Amelia bones said looking at the three unique beings that have fallen through the portal. . It was at that moment Peewee hopped across the table and bobbed her head at Fawkes in the matter of a respectful child. Lucius & Amelia stared at the younger phoenix while the three fillies untangled themselves. The three girls sat opposite of Alex before Fawkes removed the letters one by one and dropped them in front of each filly. While the older phoenix dealt with the scrolls, everyone else got a good look at the three. The yellow furred one was a regular filly, the white one had a horn and the orange one had stunted wings, and was staring at the girl with the large wings across from her.

"Hey guys take a look these things have wings too!" The orange one said pointing to the girl who is now starting to be able to move again her eyes focused directly on the orange girl more specifically her wings as embers began to flow off of her wings along with Sparks of lightning. At that moment Amelia the fifth scroll

Nodding, she looked at the scroll, noting it had the Gringotts seal. Breaking the seal, she read the scroll. It boiled down to that young Mr Viator was who he claimed to be and to butt out.

The yellow filly raised her hand to get everyone's attention. When Madam Bones nodded she said, "Beggin' your pardon but we're sorry for the trouble we might have caused." The other two noded.

Suddenly everyone in the room felt an electric shock go through them save for the anthros as the girl appeared in front of the winged anthro. "What did they do to you Angel!" She screamed with rage evident in her voice. "They took your wings!" After this the girl wrapped her arms around the orange filly, tears streaming out of her eyes. "My baby girl, I'm so sorry."

"HEY LEGGO!" The pegasus filly shouted. "Nobody took my wings! I was born with my wings like this!"

The white fillies horn flickered and she said "Darn it."

While the yellow filly grabbed the winged humans arms and unsuccessfully tried to pry them off. "Leave Scootaloo alone!" She growled surprised at the sheer amount of strength this girl had enough to rival Applejack.

This snapped the girl out of her disillusions but she still hugged the orange anthro with tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry, I will find a way to give you the sky I promise." She said and everyone felt a ripple of energy go throughout the area, the same ripple Alex had conjured before only this time it also caused the hooded figure to become visible for a split second.

"What was that?!" The white Filly said having felt the ripple of energy go throughout her body starting from her horn. "I thought I saw a thing for a split second there after she said that and I felt a pulse of something."

Everyone else in the room was quickly recovering from their electric shock Amelia having turned to point her wand that the girl before noticing her wings were giving off both small Sparks and were trailing embers. "Dear God, what did they do to you?!" She screamed after seeing the girl's wings. "No wonder you ran away from us, no wonder they had to petrify you to stop you!" The Head Auor turned to Hagrid."Rubeus, how could you tell that she had them?!"

"I'm friends with the Skalamander family and I'm also half human myself. I can tell when unique hybrids are around me. I'm also the groundskeeper of Hogwarts. Of course I'd notice animal features on someone!" Hagrid said. "It's your fault you didn't notice that she had them visible when your men brought her in a few minutes ago. I bet you she was going to fly away from here."

There was an animal cry from the window. A hawk appeared with a letter tied to its leg landing in front of PeeWee on the table. Peewee gave a chip of curiosity as she looked at the hawk.

"WE'RE NOT HYBRIDS!" The fillies shouted.

Alex picked up the spoon he dropped on the table. "Okay." He said. "Who is the living taser?"

"I was talking about the girl." Hagrid deadpanned. "You girls showed up in something of a vanishing cabinet accident."

"My name is Maximum Ride," the girl said looking at Alex. "And you can call me the savior of the world, or just Max whichever you prefer."

Hagrid looked at the clock then said, "Blimey I gotta get going if I'm going to deliver something for Dumbledore." He then left the Leaky Caldron.

With that said everyone decided to leave to their respective places the three girls who had shown up through the portal following Max and Alex mostly because Max still wouldn't let go of Scootaloo the very mentally older girl holding on to the young Pegasus for dear life.

Alex walked up to Malfoy and said, “Your family took out a loan from mine a year before the statute of wizarding secrecy was penned. Do to your backing Voldemort I am calling in that loan.” Malfoy bristled and said, “I was under the imperius curse so I am guiltless.” Alex grinned evilly. “I don’t care. You supported Moldywart and as a result you must repay the loan.”

Amelia Bones looked at Alex and asked, “Do you know how much that will cost him?”

Alex nodded. “Enough to politically hamstring him.” Alex then turned to Amelia Bones and asked, “Could you please send someone from the ministry to enchant my copy of wizarding law so it self updates. My family dropped off the wizarding world’s radar before those enchantments existed.”

The hawk had landed on Max's left shoulder while Fawkes had disappeared in an operation and PeeWee had landed on Max's head. The odd group but being led by Miss Bones immediately walked into another group, this one being a boy and his snowy owl with Hagrid by his side.

"Sorry" Max said uncharacteristically. "Neat scar" she muttered as she helped the kid up.

"It's alright." The boy said. "Wasn't paying attention to where I was going." Then Hagrid hasted him along.

Alex noted that people seemed to change their attitudes after talking with the boy. "Madam Bones?" He asked. "Who was that boy Max bumped Into?"

"That's Harry Potter the boy who lived," Amelia said. "Famed for taking the killing curse and surviving that killing curse coming from you-know-who puma possibly died that night. To keep him from being overwhelmed Dumbledore had him placed in the Muggle world with his only surviving family that we could find. He is actually a relative of you through his father's side, the Potters being direct descendants of Gryffindor Sir Traveler."

Alex thought a moment before saying, "This is promising to be an interesting year." The unusual group went into Diagon Alley and got wands, books, Robes and clothes. A few unique things happened along their travels.


Max pulling a wand out of her pouch in her bag surprised everyone, even Ollivander as the wood it was made out of thrones with energy and the core no one exactly knew what the core was as all evander had never felt the like of it before. "This is a powerful tool, however you got ahold of it, it is destined for great things just as you are. Girl of the Phoenix." The man said as he examined the wand before handing it back to Max.

The three Fillies weren't able to get wands at the moment since none of the ones in Ollivander's shop seemed to agree with them. "I've never been this stumped you three seem to be unique cases when it comes to magic it's almost as if you don't need a wand but every wizard or witch needs one at least when they're first starting out come back in a few days and I may have something for each of you but I'll have to make them custom myself."

Alex meanwhile Ollivander refused to even try since something about the boy reminded him of Potter, making him think that he needed to go into his vault to find the one wand supposedly equal to the elder wand for him. "You may be the one that's looking for you and her, both" Ollivander said, indicating to Max as well who was carefully waving her wand around having already grasped at the effect that you needed intent to cast magic. "Potters wand was incredibly powerful but it had a brother whereas you two seem to be unique cases in our world. Return with the other three and your wand will be here, of that I promise you."

Alex nodded and said, "Alright sir, we'll be back." He placed a platinum coin as big as an American quarter but three times the thickness on his counter. The CMC's eyes widened at the sight of the coin.


The group then continued on their way one of the most notable things being the magical pet shop where the owner examined Peewee and the hawk that still remained at Max's side. "That's a healthy young chick miss," The owner said after taking a look at Peewee "although she seems to have more magic than she should for a phoenix so young."

The owner then looked at the hawk. "Rare thing a magical hawk, don't see them here in England so much, not since falconry died out. She seems to 9thAlexhave taken a liking to you. If you bring her with you to Hogwarts you'll have to get 'er registered with the other owls. The good news is because they tend to eat the same things there's no worry about her getting fed. It also seems this one is smart enough to not attack other birds." This was shown by Peewee nuzzling the Hawk's leg. "That shows that this bird is definitely magical."

Peewee then flew to Apple Bloom's shoulder and settled for the ride. Alex looked around the shop before walking out without making a purchase.

When the others came out, Scootaloo, petting the head of the albino boa she had gotten asked, "Why didn't you get a pet?"

Alex shrugged, "Didn’t see anything I wanted."

The next shop was Flourish and Blotts to get Max & the fillies their books. As the four went to get their books, Alex went across the street to fortescu’s Ice ceam parlour. As he waited, he saw a wizard reading a newspaper. “Pardon me sir.” He said. “What newspaper is that?"

The wizard looked up and said, "The Daily Profit." He then frowned and asked in a snooty voice. "What are you a muggle born?"

"Nope.” Alex replied cheerfully. “Seven hundred fifty generations and zero squibs family's just been isolated thanks to preference. I’m more half-blood. Now if you're done

"I can't believe you got a snow leopard Sweetie!" Applebloom said as said snow leopard followed the two Fillies out of the store both Max and Scootaloo having to take extra time thanks to needing their robes to be specially tailored for their wings. "I mean my little guy here will certainly grow to be that big, but I'm still surprised at the fact that they even had a snow leopard."

"Tom is a unique case." Sweetie Belle said as she pet the 6 month old wildcat on the head "The store owner said that they were from a litter of snow leopards born from a Mongolian Shepherd and their pet. I still can't believe they were keeping an actual dragon as a pet! I'm glad you got the guy out of there before they realized their mistake." Sweetie Belle said, pointing to the small lizard Apple Bloom had on her shoulder.

"Different world Sweetie," Apple Bloom said, petting her young Komodo "we know already that they have flying dragons thanks to the shop owner, but there are a couple of other lizard species called dragons as well, I recognized this guy from some of the books Twilight showed us about creatures mislabeled as dragons."

Alex whistled and waved to get their attention. The wizard he had been talking to handed him a copy of the Prophet. "Over here guys!" He called. As the group approached, the wizard Alex was talking to walked over to his table and said, "I as much as I revile half-bloods I respect power and I feel yours and it scares me." he then left. Alex picked up the newspaper his eyes widened when he saw the pictures move. “Okay.” He said drawing the world out. “Moving pictures in a newspaper doesn’t feel right.” Professor Mcgonicgal raised an eyebrow before saying\, “They have that way since newspapers were printed.” Alex nodded then brought out a large book that was slightly larger than letter sized and placed it on the table. He then pulled out a calligraphy pen before asking, "Does anyone have an inkwell on hand?" McGonagall transfigured a napkin into an inkwell. Nodding in thanks he wrote,

“Clan wide alert! I need subscriptions to made for me in three major newspapers. Send them to Traveler’s Rest.”

The magical folk felt the magic in use as Alex wrote. Amelia asked, “What is that magic used for and where did it come from?”

Alex answered, “Communication. It ca… Hold on I’m getting responses”

“I just made you subscriptions to the Tiames (Los Angeles, New York, & London) & USA Today” Appeared on the page. Alex then wrote in his book,

“Clan Anouncement! My request has been fulfilled. Thank you for your time,”

Both Amilia and Professor McGonagall waved their wands over the book and got back no indication of the dark magic about it. After they were done with what they were doing, Alex put the book away in his backpack. He then cleared his throat before he continued, "As I was saying 'It came from a land I am not at liberty to reveal at this moment due to magical oaths to not real their existence until my family is released from them I cannot divulge that info."

Menvera looked utterly relieved, glad it wasn't like what she feared it could have been."Notebooks writing on their own are incredibly rare; someone must have linked to the two together with a variation of the vanishing cabinet charm. But to use such a powerful charm on something as small as this they must have had incredible control."

"Be that as it may.” Alex said. “This is an ice cream parlor and there are four eleven year olds (myself included) who have had a long day and can use an ice cream snack." After he and the fillies enjoyed some ice cream there was a quick visit to gringotts where they prove he was who he claimed to be. After that they returned to the Leaky Caldron where Alex paid for a room for Max and added the fillies to his room before they settled down.