• Published 19th Apr 2023
  • 777 Views, 170 Comments

Forbidden Love - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



He was the only one who paid attention to her. She can't help but think of him...

  • ...
5
 170
 777

Chapter Five

Forbidden Love

Chapter Five

"This is nice, don't you agree?"

"Yes, it feels wonderful," Luna replied to her companion. "Even though we both have to disguise ourselves, this still feels good. "

Shadowlance gulped down the rest of his coffee and dusted his hands of the sugar left by the sugar donuts that he and the Princess of the Night had eaten. "Donut Joe's stuff is great, it's no wonder his cafe is the most popular one in Canterlot."

Luna nodded and they both stood up, ready to walk back to the Castle.

"I don't really want to go back, but I have to."

The vampire shook his head. "You don't really need to. You have a right to do what you want."

"I know… but as much as I want to run away to a place far away from here, I-I just can't… She'll find me, and it'll happen again… "

"What will?"

"I actually tried to run away once, a few years ago, before you became my personal guard. She was just treating me worse and worse, and I just couldn't take it anymore… So I went as far as I could, and I managed to be free for a few hours… and she still found me. "

"Where did you run to?"

" A town called Appaloosa. The people there were kind and did not judge. They didn't favour the moon over the sun or vice versa. They just said that everything and everyone is here for a reason, and that they weren't going to be like the people in other towns and just do bad things for silly reasons. Sometimes I wish that I could have just been born as a normal person, or even not at all. "

Shadowlance cast a worried look in her direction, but said nothing about that, instead opting to change the topic. "Look, there's a bat!"

He put his arm out and smiled when it landed on him. "I've been training her for quite a while now."

"Isn't it dangerous to touch bats?"

" Not for vampires like myself, it isn't. I drink blood, they drink blood. The only difference is that I'm a human who drinks blood, and they're not. "

"Wow…"

"I know, right?! " Shadowlance grins. "That's like, almost the coolest part of being a vampire. "

"Oh?" Luna cocked an eyebrow in wonder. " Then what is the coolest part?"

The Guard looks around, and then puts a finger upon his lips. "It's a secret," he whispers. At Luna's pout, he winks. "But I suppose I can tell close friends."

" You think of me as a friend? And a close one as well? " Luna tried to keep her tone neutral, but surprise leaked into her voice.

"Luna, Luna, Luna. We've been friends for ages. Ever since I was first assigned as your personal guard, we've been friends. Well, actually it was only a few weeks after my assignment to you that it happened, but it's not like this is a history book or a story where everything has to be narrated one hundred percent accurately." He shrugs and then pets the bat that's sitting on his gloved hand. " Wanna pet Moonbeam? "

"Moonbeam?"

" Yeah, Moonbeam. Her name is amazing, right? I named her myself, so of course it would be an amazing name, " Shadowlance boasts, before facepalming. "Oh, yeah, I forgot. Humans can't touch bats… But wait a second, you're not just a human. You're an incarnation of the moon- wait, you're the avatar of the Moon, so I think it should be safe."

He holds out his arm, and Luna looks at the bat. "I think I'd rather be safe than sorry."

" But what fun is life without all the risks? Being safe than sorry is boring. "

Luna chuckles. "Truer words have never been said."

The Vampire scratches the back of his neck with his free hand and then pets Moonbeam again, before grasping Luna's hand and staring into her eyes with a serious look that she's rarely seen in him. "Before I tell you, you must swear by your life that you won't tell anyone."

" I swear. "

"Say the full sentence."

Luna rolls her eyes as she says, "I swear by my life that I won't tell anyone. Wait a second, does this mean that if I do tell anyone, you'll suck all my blood out? Threatening your Princess is against the rules~"

Shadowlance pretends to be deep in thought and shrugs. "I guess I'll have to. It is a secret, after all. And you're not just a Princess to me. You're my friend, and my Princess. So I totally can say all of this."

" Hmm…"

"Anyways, I'll tell you now. Vampires have the ability of mind control. We can make people forget things, do things and even act differently. In the past, some vampires used that ability to do certain things that would not be allowed, and some vampires still do it."

" As amazing as that sounds, I must admit that I have a question..."

"Shoot."

" It might seem a little strange… "

"I won't judge you."

" But… you know how you drink blood? "

"You want to know what type I drink?" At the Princess' nod, he said, " Despite human blood being the best, I drink animal blood. Not birds or fishes, just big animals, mostly horses and stuff. I mean, I would kill to get some fresh human blood, no pun intended, but since those laws were established that said that any vampire found drinking the blood of a human without the latter's consent shall be sentenced to death or a life imprisonment. You know that one. "

Luna gave a thoughtful nod. There was a silence between them which lasted for a few moments, until Shadowlance motioned for Luna to stop walking. "We're close enough that we'll be seen if we go any closer."

Luna clicks her fingers after gathering power in her hands, and focuses on the place that both of them want to go. Namely, her balcony.

A magical aura surrounds the duo, and Moonbeam flies away after which they find themselves on Luna's balcony.

Shadowlance staggers about in surprise and then holds his hands on his mouth. A few seconds later, he returns them to his sides and glares at Luna. "You could've given me a warning, you know. It's not like I teleport every single day."

" Well, for your information, my dear friend, Shadowlance… I don't teleport every day either! "

"Well, isn't that a surprise," he mutters, just loud enough that Luna could hear him. "Anyways, did you enjoy tonight?"

"It was a pleasant time, which I thank you for. I look forward to going out with you again." She then clicks her fingers again and her disguise disappears. She takes her hood off.

Shadowlance smiles and then walks over to Luna. "Hmm… I'd say that I deserve a reward for this."

" Oh? What would it be?"

He walks right behind her and wraps his hands around her waist, breathing on her neck, causing her to breathe heavily and goosebumps to appear on her skin... His voice goes directly into her ears, as he whispers, alluringly, "A kiss."

Luna turns her neck as much as she can and looks into his blue eyes, the pupils of which are dilating slightly. He had a smirk on his face, and the moonlight shining in his hair, the shadow of which covers most of his face only makes her breathe faster. Her heart races for some unknown reason, and...

Author's Note:

Author's Note: (inserts a villainous laugh/dark laughter) Yes, I am cruel enough to end this chapter on a cliffhanger. Ahaha! I am King Sombra, and I am taking over!

… Now let's get to the real note.

Only now did I realise that bat ponies would be vampires in a human world. (Inserts facepalm) And it's hard to describe Luna using magic as a human, but I'm still doing it. (Inserts smirk)

The chapter's short because… it's kinda hard to keep thinking of ideas for the chapters every Saturday, but if I want to finish this story this year, then that's what I'm gonna do! I mean, I have some stories that I started in 2021, and they're still incomplete, begging me to update them.

I've also been spending some of my free time playing Obey Me! so that's another reason why. The stories there are interesting… and the seven brothers are super alluring…

Don't forget to vote/like, comment, share, track, etc.

PS: I hope this chapter wasn't paced too fast... Also, did anyone spot the reference to Soldiers of the Night in the previous chapter?

https://m.