• Published 19th Apr 2023
  • 777 Views, 170 Comments

Forbidden Love - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



He was the only one who paid attention to her. She can't help but think of him...

  • ...
5
 170
 777

Chapter Four

Forbidden Love

Chapter Four

The Princess of the Night tossed and turned in her sleep as nightmares of Celestia plagued her dreams.

"Come now, Luna," Celestia called with a voice as sweet as honey. "I'll show you how to do it properly."

Luna wasn't fooled by this. She ran further into the forest, not caring where she was going. All she wanted to do was get away from Celestia who was holding a large knife with a sadistic grin on her face.

She ran until her legs gave out, and looked behind her only to see her pursuer there. She tried to get up but her legs ached too much.

She pushed herself up, ignoring the protests of her legs and turned to run...but there was nowhere to run. It was a dead end.

"Luna~ Did you really think you could escape from me?"

The Lunar Princess jolted awake in bed, sweating and shaking.

She looked around in a panic, only to let out a sigh of relief once she had done so. She was still in her bedroom.

It was only a dream...Calm down Luna.

She took a few deep breaths.

Having no desire to go back to sleep and have more nightmares, she sat up and began to wonder…

Where did it all go wrong? When we were children, Celestia...wasn't like this.

No… she still treated me nicely, even after our parent's deaths…. It was only after a few months of ruling that she became like this, sometime after we had banished Stygian, or the man of shadows, as he was called, if I remember correctly…

And then she became bitter towards Us, abhorring Us and doing all...this.

What changed?

The change in behaviour towards Us wasn't sudden… It happened gradually, with her slowly treating Us worse….

I'm sure that something must have happened for our relationship to change… But what?B

That question haunted her, even as her eyelids grew heavier and she unwillingly drifted back to sleep.


Princess Celestia was not in the throne room, doing Day Court. No, rather she was in her room, pacing as her mind replayed the...event that had occurred in Luna's room.

No...I'm losing control. I can't afford to, and yet I am. That beast will take over me completely unless I find a cure.

How could I have done that to Luna? How could I have… She grimaced as an unpleasant thought struck her. If this is what I’m like now… who knows what I’ll do in the future, when this beast has full control over me? It would be better if I stayed away from her… And probably everyone else as well until I manage to successfully get rid of it. But I can’t just disappear off of the face of Equestria suddenly, and without an explanation.

And there’s also the fact that it made me spread lies about Luna. The citizens of Equestria will never accept her as a complete ruler, even if it will only be for a short time.

But it could also take months, even years…

I’ve been searching for a way to rid myself of its presence in my head, and I have been trying to do so for years, but so far, nothing has worked.

If only I had been more careful on that day, then perhaps this wouldn’t have happened.

She gazed out of the window.

Luna will hate me forever. She doesn’t know about this, and I can’t tell her… The periods in which it causes me to act like that are only when I’m near Luna… In fact, I only lose my grasp over it near her. What can that mean?

Does that mean that Luna is the sole target of this? Whoever caused Stygian to become…that is probably behind this.

I came to that conclusion a long time ago, but I haven’t been able to find the person. But who would want to attack her?

She never hurt anyone…

As the Solar Princess mulled over that thought all day, but found herself no closer to a conclusion, it was time to lower the sun, and she did so.


As the sunset faded away, and the yellow turned to grey, the Lunar Princess of the Night awoke for her duties.

She raised the moon and decorated the sky with stars and constellations.

As she no longer did Lunar Court, she found herself with nothing to do.

Perhaps getting out of the castle for a little would give me something to do… I would just need to disguise myself and I would be fine. I should not be too obvious… I need to blend in or fade into the background, not stand out and be noticed. I would also need to wear different clothes…

Luna opened her wardrobe and dug through it, but found nothing that fit the description of the clothing she was looking for. In the Crystal Empire, I recall that some of the people there were wearing some sort of jumper with a hood…

A knock sounded on the door, and she opened it after putting her gloves on, wincing in pain as it brushed her thumb. She then peeked out through a gap. "Ah, Shadowlance. Did something happen?"

He shook his head as she opened the door to let him in, closing it once he entered. "Nah, I was just going to make sure that you were still here, and not flying off anywhere without me. It's dangerous for you to leave the castle without your personal guard, you know."

She nodded, opting not to say anything, so he continued. "You didn't disguise yourself when you went to the Crystal Empire, did you?" She looked away, smiling sheepishly. "Next time you want to go somewhere, you should disguise yourself and take me with you. Safety first… Anyways, I didn't come here to lecture you. I was wondering if you'd like to get some fresh air…instead of staying cooped up in here all night."

"That was actually the very thing on my mind," Luna replied, surprised. "I know what disguise I'll use, but I need to find some common clothes…"

Shadowlance frowned. "Can't you just conjure it up?"

"Many things can be conjured, but clothes, food, water and living creatures cannot be made with magic. And wouldn't you need to disguise yourself too?"

"It's easy for me. All I need to do is change out of my armour, and not smile or my fangs will show."

"If only it were that easy for me…"

"I know! I'll get you some different clothes! Have you got anything in mind?"

"Well, when We went to the Empire, some of the citizens were wearing some sort of a jumper, but it had a hood and pockets."

"So you want a hoodie? Okay, I'll get that. I know exactly what could go with it…"


Once Shadowlance returned, he gave Luna a bag which had light blue jeans and a long sleeved black hoodie in it. He then left the room, saying, "Try it on and call me once you're done."

Luna looked over the clothes first, and then put them on carefully so she wouldn't reopen her thumb. As the hoodie had long sleeves, she had no need to wear her gloves.

It was hard doing it one-handed, but she still managed to do it.

Once done, she told Shadowlance to come in. "You look wonderful, Luna. Hah! I knew this would suit you! Do you like it?"

She looked at herself in the mirror. "I love it. Thanks a lot."

Shadowlance smirked. "Now you just need to disguise yourself and we can go."

She did so in a second. "Now you need to change your clothes as well."

"I'll be back in a few minutes," he said, and before she could respond, he had already flown off her balcony, presumably to the guard's barracks.

He didn't take long to return, and Luna smiled once she saw him.

"See, we're matching!" he exclaimed with a goofy smile while Luna simply rolled her eyes.

"Let's go, shall we?"

Author's Note:

If this chapter seems a little odd, or something like that, it's because…

I forgot it was Saturday. I even forgot to finish writing the chapter. How could I have forgotten…

So of course, I woke up this morning and was about to play a game and be lazy because it's Saturday, and then I opened Google Docs because I had a new story idea. And I saw the unfinished Doc for this chapter, and was like FUCK! IT'S SATURDAY AND I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE CHAPTER!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and hopefully I won't forget about the next one, which might be longer because I'll try to type a little for it every day.

And this is a picture of Luna's disguise. Just ignore the wings and horn, and imagine it to be a human.

And that part with Celestia? Thank Majestic_Donut (https://www.fimfiction.net/user/581023/Majestic_Donut) because her comment made me feel like I could make this story longer...if I just edited Celestia a little bit. Then there'd also be a sequel (maybe or maybe not).

This is the part of her comment that inspired me, if anyone's interested.

I read this yesterday and forgot to comment. I don’t particularly like how you wrote Celestia here. I’m personally more of a fan of the “I am your mother but I’m too busy for you sorry” portrayal of Celestia over the “Celestia was actually a horrible person and deserved to be betrayed” portrayal, but you do you 🙃🤷🏻‍♀️ (my personal head cannon was that The Voice was the one spreading the lies and Celestia’s schedule ~i.e. she works during the day and Luna at night~ didn’t allow them to really talk things out ~as indicated in the episode “Royal Trouble”~).