• Published 19th Apr 2023
  • 777 Views, 170 Comments

Forbidden Love - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



He was the only one who paid attention to her. She can't help but think of him...

  • ...
5
 170
 777

Chapter Twenty Four

Forbidden Love

Chapter Twenty Four

"Mein Gott!" exclaimed Shadowlance , collapsing as he finally reached the top of the stairs. "How...does Sombra manage to... climb up this every night?!"

"What are you doing here, Shadowlance?"

The Vampire looks up to see none other than King Sombra standing in front of him. "You...maniac!"

" I believe I asked you a question, not for an insult. Answer me. "

"I could ask you the same question."

"My bedroom is on this floor. And besides, it's my Castle. I have a right to be here. Now, answer me."

The Vampire groaned. "Isn't it obvious? I've come to see Luna."

"Luna's sleeping. Let her rest."

"Well, even if she is sleeping, I can still go and see her."

He steps forward, but Sombra stands in front of the door to Luna's room, crossing his arms. "With how loud you are, you'll wake her up."

"I am more than capable of being quiet. Now, let me in."

"Prove it."

Shadowlance scoffs. "If I couldn't be quiet, do you think I really would've gotten the job of being Luna's personal guard?"

"I wonder if you really managed to pass the job requirements and the training, or if they were just short on guards."

The Vampire's eyes flash red. "You…"

Suddenly the door opens and Luna steps out, rubbing her eyes. "What's happening?"

"Luna! I have a surprise for you, but first, pack everything you need!"

"Huh?"

He grabs the Princess' hand and runs into her room with her. Sombra rolls his eyes.


"Luna, walk faster!"

"This is as fast as I can walk!"

"Then run!" Luna starts running, but groans as one of the cuts on her leg begins stinging. Shadowlance stops and looks back. "Are you okay?"

The Princess shakes her head. "No…"

"We won't be able to get there in time if we don't run…And since you can't run…" He grins and picks her up. "I'll carry you!"

"Shado-"

"Shh…Don't worry, you're safe."


The yacht ride was uneventful, and as Luna got off it, Shadowlance covered her eyes with one hand.

"It won't be a surprise if you see it!"

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."

Luna does so and looks around. It seems to be a room, with one bed in the centre, torches on the wall, and a clear roof. The wall has a design of flowers with a yellow background, and there's one window on the south eastern wall. There's also a small sofa next to the bed. "Where are we?"

"Look out of the window~"

She walks to it and her eyes widen. "Are we…on an island?"

Shadowlance beams. "Yep! An island in the middle of nowhere, and the best thing about it is that it's a private one, so it'll just be the two of us!"

"So, we'll be staying here?"

He nods. "This is the bedroom, and there's a small kitc-"

"There's only one bedroom, with only one bed?"

Shadowlance nods. "I told them to put two beds here, but they didn't."

"Really?" Luna asks, seizing a pillow.

"Yes, really!"

She frowns.

"But I don't see any problem with us sleeping toge-"

"You planned this, didn't you?"

The Vampire sighs. "Fine, you caught me."

Luna walks towards him, brandishing the pillow, and he begins to run.

"Come here!"

"No! Not today!"


The moon has been lowered, and the sun has begun to rise. Shadowlance comes out of the bathroom with his pyjamas on, and Luna sighs.

"Look, it's not that bad. We're friends, right? We can definitely sleep together."

Luna scowls. "But…"

"Look, don't think too much about it. We're friends-"

"But you love me romantically."

"So? If you feel that uncomfortable, you can even tie me up and then sleep. Or how about this? I'll sleep on the sofa, and you'll sleep on the bed."

"...You won't be too uncomfortable there, will you?"

He winks. "It's soft, and cosy."

"Okay then. …Have good dreams."


Shadowlance wakes up and stretches as he gets off the sofa. That wasn't so bad…

He's about to go to the bathroom, but as he passes Luna's bed, he hears her say, "No...Please…"

This causes him to go to her, and he notices that the blanket is tightly wrapped around her body. "Luna?"

"Please…don't hurt him…"

He tapped her face. "Luna, wake up."

This mere touch of his instantly awoke the Princess, who frantically started to try to free herself from the blanket.

"Luna…calm down. It's just me, Shadowlance."

She stops struggling and looks at him fearfully.

"Here, I'll help you."

Once he's successfully freed her from it, he looks at her face and sees tear tracks upon her cheeks. "Luna…What happened? A bad dream?"

I cannot let him worry… She wipes her face with her hands and smiles. "It's nothing. Now, let's explore the island today."


"Wow, this is actually bigger than I thought," Shadowlance remarks as he lays upon the sand with Luna beside him, both tired from walking through the whole island.

"Yes, indeed. Though, I must ask…Where did you find the advertisement for it?"

"I can't really remember…But I got it while I was becoming a seer."

"Huh…"

"Luna?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know how to swim?"

Upon hearing the word 'swim,' Luna's smile faded. "Are you planning to swim through the sea?" she asked, tenatively.

"Yes, but do you know how to swim?"

"Yes, We do. But it has been quite a while since We have," she replied, trying her best not to let her distress show.

"Well then," he beamed, "I'll teach you!"

"So…When do you plan to…swim?"

"If you're not too tired, we can swim now?"

She really wanted to say no. But seeing the hopeful look on her companion's face…she just couldn't.

Shadowlance really desires to go swimming… And who are We to stop him? No, it would be selfish to say no…

And with that thought in her mind, she said the words which sealed her fate. "If you really desire to, then sure, let's go."

Author's Note:

Watch from 37:27 to see the scene that inspired the beach house part. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vyHRtCmFQBQ


Comments are my motivation! I need more!