• Published 28th Sep 2012
  • 7,334 Views, 199 Comments

New Land Old Enemies - Silent Scout



Where the HELL am I? Last thing I knew me and buddy were providing overwatch but now I'm in a fores

  • ...
36
 199
 7,334

Chapter 10: Catch Me If You Can

Name: Twilight Sparkle
Date: December 6 (August 21, 2015)
Location: Canterlot Castle
Time: 2200

The girls had decided to spend their afternoon down in the city looking around, doing what they could to keep what they saw out of their heads. They had tried to bring Adam along with them but when they arrived at his door the guards had told them that he didn't wish to be disturbed. From how loud the music was coming through the door, Twilight doubted that he would have even heard them even if they had shouted for him. She didn't like the idea of leaving him there to dwell on what had happened but there wasn't really anything any of them could do beyond comfort him and she didn't know how well they would be able to do that either.

Fluttershy seemed to be taking it the hardest out them all and required for them to practically drag her out of her room and then to drag her away from Adam's door since she then tried to force her way in to help comfort him. The time away from the castle and in the city seemed to help the group as a whole and soon enough everyone was wearing a smile on their face again. But even though they had only been in the city for two hours, because of earlier meeting with the princesses, it was beginning to become dark out and they needed to return for the dinner they were to have with the princesses.

Finding their way back to the castle was simple enough, all they had to do was head in the direction that they could visibly see the sitting on the mountain and sure enough they were back at the gates. The guards wasted no time as the quickly opened the gates to allow them entrance. Making their way back inside they came across Celestia walking down the halls in the direction of Adam's room. Each of them bowed, not knowing if she would actually see them performing the gesture or not.

Spotting the mares Celestia turned to them saying, "Hello my little ponies. Did you all enjoy yourselves in the city?"

After rising back up Rarity was the first to speak, "The city was simply marvelous, I just didn't want to leave."

A smile came to Celestia's face and she said, "I'm glad that you all were able to find something to do before dinner."

Twilight took a step forward and asked, "Um, Princess Celestia, where are you going?"

Celestia turned her head towards the stairs leading to Adam's room and said, "I didn't know when you girls would be back and instead of using the guards to get our guest, I decided, that I would instead."

Applejack came up alongside Twilight and said, "Well we can take care of that for ya, yer highness. We have to go that way anyhow because somepony decided to buy up one of the stores." She shot Rarity a look as she stood in front of a stack of boxes and bags, only responding with a humf.

Celestia chuckled before replying, "Very well, I will let you all handle getting Adam and I'll be awaiting your presence at the table."

Making their way up the stairs they decided to first stop and get Adam before going further up and putting Rarity's purchases away. It only took them ten minutes of walking before they finally reached the floor Adam's room was on, greeted once again by the loud music bleeding through the door. When they reached the landing they saw one of the two guards gently tapping his hoof with the beat while the other just shook his head in disapproval, but once the guards saw them they resumed their stoic expressions.

"Ha caught ya," shouted Rainbow Dash as she zoomed up in front of the younger guards face, a smirk ever present on her face.

"May we help you," asked the older guard.

Twilight smiled saying, "Yes, we are here for Adam, the princesses are expecting him."

"Very well, just give me a moment to get his attention." He turned and began to knock loudly as he announced, "Sir, the princesses are waiting to see you." He was met with only more music, forcing him to repeat himself but knocking even louder this time.

The younger guard turned to him and said, "I guess the music is too loud."

The other guard rolled his eyes and sarcastically replied, "You don't say. Now if you wouldn't mind and use your magic to unlock the door."

"I got it, I got it," he said as his horn began to glow a shade of blue that also appeared on the door handle.

"Now then," he opened the door, "sorry for intru-" he was promptly shoved aside by Pinkie Pie as she ran into the room looked around and then began jumping on the bed.

As she jumped on the bed she was calling out, "Wakey, wakey Adam. It's not time to sleep yet, we still have to eat with the princesses."

The others followed in shortly after her entrance, Fluttershy making her way over to the bed while Twilight went and turned off the Ipod. "Sorry for waking you Adam, but the princesses want to eat with us, if that alright with you that is," Fluttershy apologized.

Pinkie having stopped and promptly shoved her head underneath the blankets then pulling it back out, glaring at the lump and said, "Oh, he's good."

Rainbow Dash flew over to the bed and looked between Pinkie and the lump asking, "What do you mean 'he's good,' Pinkie?"

Pinkie grabbed the blankets with her teeth saying, "This," as she then yanked on them causing the blankets and herself to fall to the floor revealing the pillow that lay beneath.

"Buck," shouted the older guard, "private go inform the princesses that the ambassador is missing. I'll look around to see if there is anything that might tell us where he is."

"Understood sir," the other guard replied as he galloped as fast as he could out the door and down the steps skipping some as he went.

The group scattered around the room looking until Pinkie pulled out a metal box that had a cord that connected it to another smaller box. She then began to play with the knobs that were attached to the bigger box while she held the smaller one in her hoof.

Twilight didn't think it was a good idea to be messing with Adam's things especially when none of them knew what they did and decided to voice her concern, "Pinkie I don't think it's a good idea to be playing with that."

"Ahhh, but it is so much fun, see," Pinkie whined as she pressed the small button on the side of the smaller box.

Rainbow hovered behind her and asked, "What does it even do?"

Twilight looked over at her and with a sigh said, "That’s the thing, I don't know what it does and so it would be best if we didn't accidently break it." After saying this though she noticed that her voice seemed to be coming from one of Adam's bags like an echo. Her curiosity peaked, she opened the bag and looked at Pinkie saying, "Do what you just did again, I heard something."

Pinkie pressed the button again and started to giggle into the box and this time they all heard the giggles coming from the bag as well. Finding the source Twilight lifted up a collection of wires that were connected to a curved piece of plastic.

Rarity was the first pony to recognize it and asked, "Isn't that what Adam is always wearing around his neck?"

Upon closer inspection Twilight realized that it was in fact similar to the one she saw Adam wear but if she remembered correctly he also removed one from his friend's body before he buried him. "Your right Rarity, he also removed one from his friend and this must be it. I wonder if they work in reverse too."

Putting the device around her own neck like Adam she placed the ear bud into her right ear as she then began to look for a way to activate it. A few moments later she found what she suspected to be the button on the plastic band on her neck and pressed it. While she held down the button she said the only thing she could think of, "Hello?" She was rewarded with her own voice coming from the box next to Pinkie repeating what she said.

Clearing her throat Twilight began to talk into the receiver, "Adam. Adam can you hear me? If you can hear me, please respond."

"Oh oh oh, let me try," Pinkie asked as she gripped her mic in her hooves and took a deep breath. Instead of actually saying anything much to Twilights discomfort and annoyance she said, "WOOOOoooOOOOOooooooOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOOo," forcing Twilight to remove the earpiece before she lost her hearing.

There was an instant reply to her method though as they then heard, "GOD FUCKING DAMN IT MY EAR," followed by a click.

Rarity looked over to Pinkie with the look of distaste on her face and asked, "Was that truly necessary darling?"

Twilight tried again to get Adam to answer but received no response again, only stopping when she heard the guard ask, "What in Tartarus is all this?"

Standing over by the desk and open window was the guard and Applejack looking at a set of tools lying there as if they had recently been used. A sense of horror enveloped her as she recognized those tools from earlier that week when Adam had used them to clean his weapons. With that recognition came the knowledge that there were two other weapons that were not taken while they were in the throne room.

"Are you ok Twi, you don't look so good," asked her rainbow maned friend causing Fluttershy to rush over and examine her for any symptoms.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid, how could I have been so stupid," raged Twilight at herself, causing the others to take a step back, Fluttershy started to cower.

"Twilight dear, what's the matter, you can tell us," the concern could be seen on everyone's face there as Rarity asked.

Twilight spun around facing everyone a desperate look in her eyes and shouted, "Remember Adam's memory?"

"Darling there is no possible way we could forget that horror."

"Well remember the weapons he and his friend were using at the time, the same weapons he was carrying with him when we found him. He wasn't holding them when we met the princesses, so I thought that he might have left them back at the library. Now, I think he had them in his bags," she continued shouting while pointing at the two bags.

"But Twilight, we all saw how big those things are, they would have been sticking straight out of them," Rainbow Dash countered.

"I once watched him use those very tools to take apart each of his weapons to do what he called 'maintenance' on them and now that I see the tools again, there is no other explanation for it. Adam must have disassembled the two rifles and then reassembled them here and now he has his most powerful weapons, known in Equestria with him and he himself is gone. I just hope he just went to go hide them and that nopony decides to fight him for both their sakes. We need to find him before something goes horribly wrong. I'll cast a tracking spell so we can find him faster, give me his music player."

After hearing about the other weapons he didn't need to hear anymore, the guard had been in the room when they viewed the memory and he understood the power of the weapons he carried. He was out the door and heading down the stairs before Twilight had even finished her statement. He needed to tell the princesses what he just heard.

----- Adam -----

He awoke in pain. Everywhere he hurt, but nothing seemed to be broken from what he could see. He could also hear voices talking:

"Adam. Adam can you hear me? If you can hear me, please respond." It sounded like Twilight but he only heard her in his right ear, he was having trouble as to why only his right ear was working until he heard another voice.

"WOOOOoooOOOOOooooooOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOOo."

Taking his right foreleg he swatted at his ear knocking the ear bud out as he screamed, "GOD FUCKING DAMN IT MY EAR!" He understood now why he heard her only in his right ear and shut off his throat mic and began to rub his ear to try and reduce the amount of ringing, to no effect.

Looking around he saw that he was hanging in one of the trees of the garden by the straps of his rifles crossing his back. He must have been out for a while because the sun was starting to set and everything was cooling off. Looking back down he determined he could safely drop from this height and land without a problem, so he shook the branch until it snapped. As he landed his left foreleg gave out on him and his face immediately came to the ground making his head ache even worse than it already was.

After examining his leg he saw that he had torn the stitches and was now bleeding pretty badly, on top of that he had a gash on his forehead that kept bleeding into his right eye, blinding him. Not bringing his first aid kit proved to be another error in his plan so far. Taking off his vest and jacket he tore his grey shirt into strips and tied them to his head and leg to stop the bleeding. Once he finished dressing his injuries the best he could, he quickly put his jacket and gear back on and started heading towards the wall with a more pronounced limp than he had had previously.

OK, I just need to get over this wall and then I can figure out where I can hide these from the ponies. I need to hurry, they probably know something is wrong by now because of how late it is. I need to find some mud, I stand out too much in my desert camo. THERE.

A few feet away a large size puddle of mud, just what he was looking for. Going over to it he did a quick roll in it, making sure to get a good coating of it all over, before continuing on. Now that he had the mud on him he could now blend into the forest surroundings with more ease and wouldn't be seen unless they got close to him.

The limp had slowed his progress but he could see that he was getting close to the walls, and from there it shouldn't be too hard for him to fly over them. The only problem was that there had been an increase in the number of guards out flying around and on the walls. He could have sworn that he heard faint talking coming from somewhere behind him too, forcing him to move faster than what his leg was willing.

He finally reached the wall when he heard someone shout, "Stop right there!"

Adam slowly turned to face whoever it was that had just caught him and found that there were four guards, three earth ponies and one unicorn. The unicorn that was standing in the lead was also the same unicorn that had been standing guard outside his door.

"Relinquish your weapons and come with us."

Adam looked at him then back at the wall before he replied, "Yeah, not happening." Shooting his wings open, he used as much force as he possibly could from his legs and wings to launch himself into the air. He quickly made it above the wall and was about to go across when he heard two separate voices. The first voice he heard was of the guard as he called his shot followed by another pony screaming to stop. Looking over he saw that it had been Twilight screaming as she and the other mares came out of the tree line, looking up at him.

The screaming that he heard was shortly followed by something colliding with his wing and then a sudden lack of feeling in the wing, except for a numbness that told him he was in trouble. His momentum carried him the rest of the way over the wall but without his right wing he couldn't control his flight at all. He looked down, once he was over, and saw that he was heading for the river that ran alongside the castle. It was then that it dawned on him:

I don't know how to swim as a pony!

These thoughts went through his head as he slammed into the water, knocking any air from his lungs out. The water was freezing cold and was quickly sapping him of the strength he had and was pulling him under. He fought as hard as he could to keep his head above the water, as the river dragged him further and further downstream, but it was a losing battle. He feared that this would be how he would die again, drowning while running from a group of ponies. His lungs were burning, screaming for him to take a deep breath. He was fighting every instinct to do what his lungs wanted and inhale water.

It was while he was underwater did he hear the sound of rumbling coming from a little further ahead, and when he was finally able to get above water for air did his eyes widened with complete fear and horror at his fate. He had forgotten about the waterfall at the end and he was about to plunge over the edge of it. Giving his final push, he tried to swim for one of the sides to get out but was quickly sucked in by the water current and sent over the edge, from there did the water finally let go of him and fling him from its grip. Not being able to fly due to the spell that hit him, all he could do was watch as the ground came flying up to meet him.

As he fell he suddenly heard the sound of a loud explosion coming from somewhere behind him, but he cared little of what was taking place behind him as the front was more important. Before he was any closer than two hundred yards away from his death he felt something grab him from behind and felt a sudden pull that lifted him up higher and higher. Looking to see what held him, he saw a pair of familiar cyan furred hooves gripping him tightly around his chest. He could feel the blood drain from his face from the amount of g-forces that the maneuver had caused on his body and was slowly blacking out.

By the time they had returned to the castle there was a crowd of guards waiting along with the princesses and the five other girls. Rainbow Dash was panting heavily when they reached the group and let go of him, allowing him to come crashing to the ground, not having the energy to stand on his own let alone lift his head. Falling on his right side he could see the guard in purple walk up to him and flare his horn with his magic that engulfed his weapons, ammo, and anything else that was on his person. When the rifles were being removed, one of the straps caught on his arm and lifted him up slightly from the pull. The guard simply shook his head as he spread his magic to lift Adam off the straps and set him down.

Adam refused to be separated without a fight and used every ounce of his willpower to force his left foreleg to swing around to try and hook the strap again. The movement caused the guard to lose his grip on Adam's right leg but Adam missed the strap and fell hard on his injury. Even with the pain he couldn't even manage a groan and could feel the effects of the ice cold water and his drenched clothes begin to take hold of his limbs. Hypothermia was taking over and quickly, if he didn't receive medical treatment he would die as soon as the ground would have. He lost consciousness from blood loss and severe hypothermia, the last things he saw were the looks of concern and pity in the eyes of some of those watching while some others had anger.

There were two things that came back to him before he became fully awake, one of those being that he was warm compared to his previous condition and second there was the steady sound of a beeping noise coming from his left. Slowly opening his eyes he found that he was lying in a bed that had white sheets that matched the walls and connecting him to a machine by a bunch of wires that was keeping track of his heart rate.

I have really got to be careful, it's probably not good for my body or my head to keep passing out like that.

His continued examination showed him that there was a window to his right that was covered with curtains as well as a nightstand that had a few get well cards, a couple of books and a basket of apples. The sight of the apples made his stomach growl loudly and he took one of them up taking a very greedy bite before inhaling the rest of the apple. This process was repeated until he had finish six of the twelve apples there. He had to admit, those were probably the best apples he had ever had the pleasure of eating in his life.

Stretching his legs he wasn't surprised to find that his right hind leg was clamped in a manacle above the knee to the bedpost while his left foreleg was wrapped heavily in bandages, the bandages didn't restrict all of his movements but they did make things awkward.

Not wanting to set off any alarms, but not wanting to listen to any more beeping sounds, he unplugged the machine and turned it off before removing the wires from his chest. He did a double take when it struck him that he wasn't wearing any clothes under the blankets and a quick look around the room showed that there was nothing else there. The fact that he wasn't covered in mud either proved that they had also cleaned him while he was out. Though he was glad they didn't just leave him covered like that, it did unnerve him to think of how vulnerable he had been during that period of time.

The manacle around his leg quickly proved to be annoying so he decided to fix that little problem. Leaning over the foot of the bed he found just what he was looking for, his charts. He took a quick peek at his injuries and saw that he had a concussion, a laceration on his forehead, slight bruising along his sides, he had torn all the stitches in his leg which then got infected due to the water in the river and had been unconscious for the past two days with a high fever.

I've been asleep for two days... fuck.

Having finished perusing his medical chart, he plucked the paper clip from it and began to unbend it until it was just how he needed it to be. Turning his attention back to the lock on his leg he went to work of removing the offending contraption from his person. Twenty minutes later and after nearly jamming the lock he was finally able to rid himself on the manacle.

Slowly getting up he got his bearings before heading over to the door and poking his head out, thinking he was in a hospital he was surprised to find that he was in fact still in the castle, just not a part he had seen yet. He didn't see any other ponies walking around but he hadn't taken more than two steps when he heard someone shout, "Hey, you shouldn't be up walking around. Get back in there and put on... your... cuff...."

Spinning around he saw a dark brown earth pony with a snow white mane standing there wide eyed staring at him. The pony seemed to be wearing a white lab coat with a stethoscope around his neck, matching the typical stereotype of the average doctor. With the constant quivering of his mouth it looked like he was on the verge of saying something but couldn't quite say it out loud.

Adam tried to take charge of the situation before the doctor could snap out of his stupor and calm him down. "Hey everything will be fine, I'm not going to hurt ya or anyone else. There is no need to try and call for guards or anything crazy like that."

The word 'guard' turned out to be the wrong word to say as it brought the pony back to his senses and he shouted, "GUARDS," starting to turn.

Adam wasn't going to let him say anything else as he pounced on the doctor forcing him to the ground. He was too slow though and the damage had been done. Adam could hear the sounds of hooves hitting the stone floor and deciding quickly, he went the opposite direction going away from the approaching sound as fast as he could. Not knowing where he was going he took turns at random to at least lose any possible pursuers that might have followed him. After losing count of the number of turns he had made, he came to a stop to catch his breath, only to be interrupted by a loud cracking sound and a bright flash as Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie appeared before him.

The bright flash had temporarily blinded him, so he stood there rubbing his eyes to get the afterimages out of his field of vision. Soon after clearing his vision and seeing the glares he was getting from the mares in front of him he slowly started to back away from them and towards where he had just came from, only for it to fill up with guards.

Well I believe it's safe to say that I'm fucked.

"How dare you," said a menacing voice that caught everyone off guard when it turned out to be Fluttershy who had spoken. "Do you know how worried we were for you," with each word she took a step until she was right in his face, forcing him to take several back, closer to the guards. "And not only did you make everypony worry about you, but you also got yourself seriously hurt and nearly died. If it wasn't for Rainbow Dash catching you, nopony else would have made it in time. Now what do you have to say for yourself?" Fluttershy was now towering over him staring down at him, making him feel like a little kid who just got caught doing something bad.

"Um, uh, I-I'm sorry."

"Oh, ok then, just don't let it happen again," her voice returning to its usual meek tone.

Fluttershy's statement was followed by a collection of hooves hitting faces and as Adam looked around sure enough Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack had all face hoofed while Rarity just shook her head. Looking back over his shoulder he could see that multiple of the guards behind him had joined in and also had their hooves to their faces.

"Now then," said a pegasus guard from behind, "if you're done running now, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are wanting to speak with you in the throne room. If you would follow us, we will take you there without delay."

Giving a slight nod, the guards took up positions around him to prevent any further escape attempts, there pace was slightly slower than that of their normal march due to Adam's limp. Though he had been off his injury for the past couple of days, he had made the injury worse before doing so and caused him a moderate amount of pain to walk. He was either very lucky or unlucky due to the fact that from the path he was taking they only had to backtrack down one hallway and take a different turn to find themselves back at the main entrance to the castle. From there it only took a matter of minutes to reach the throne room again.

Unlike last time however, the guards that were escorting him remained with him all the way up to the throne where they bowed and split into a row of three on each side of the carpet facing Adam. Adam gave a halfhearted salute that brought him more angry glares from the guards on duty around him, while the mares that were with them each bowed before the princesses.

The warm welcoming expressions that were once adorned on Princess Celestia's face and the over excited look on princess Luna's were gone and replaced by a more serious expression.

"Well Master Sergeant Smith, is there anything you would like to say before we begin this meeting," asked Celestia using his formal title to show the seriousness of the situation he was in.

"Well Princess Celestia, if ya'll are expecting an apology for not giving you my weapons just because you asked...don't... because there ain't one coming. I don't trust ya nor yer sister and on top of that I know ya have been hiding something from me that is related to this whole thing." He made sure to stand as tall as he could when speaking and appear fiercer than he actually felt, injured and surrounded by guards, he knew he could be stupid at times but there was a limit.

Celestia raised an eyebrow at his arrogance and rude behavior and asked, "Why do you believe that we would be holding back information?"

"Well ma'am, ya might have one hell of a poker face but," he took a moment to point with his right foreleg at Luna but wasn't able to go on as one of the pegasi guards had enough and leapt at him.

Adam caught this in the corner of his eye and slipped into his training. The guard went in for a jab with his right, but Adam simply ducked and rolled out of the way, not wanting to counter until he knew what he was getting into. The guard went at him again but this time aiming for the injured leg forcing Adam to go on the defensive with his right. The guard, seeing that Adam wasn’t getting anywhere from the ground, chose to then take to the air. This proved to be a mistake as Adam shot forward and grabbed the guard's tail and swung him onto his back straight into the wall. Two guards saw the opening and tackled Adam to the floor and pinned him there to prevent him from possibly continuing his attack.

Celestia had enough of the violent display in front of her and grabbed them all with her magic before shooting a stern look to both her guard that attacked first and Adam. The guard seemed to melt under her eyes while Adam just stood there and rolled his eyes as if to imply, 'well he started it.'

Luna was the first to speak, "What was it that I could have done to make you think that we knew more than what we would tell?"

"Well as I was saying your sister, Princess Celestia, might have a good poker face but you, Princess Luna, do not. While we were watching one of my more recent memories, you kept on giving your sister concerned looks, that in their own right wouldn't cause me much alarm. It was the fact that you became more distraught when the convoy showed up later and you would look only between the mirror and Celestia. Mix in a little of my gut instincts and there you have it. OH, and by the way, even though I know your species does not mind being nude, mine does not and I would really appreciate my clothes back."

The two princesses look at each other before Luna shrugged and flared her horn a dark blue. A few seconds later his clothes appeared before him folded up neatly sans his vest. Not wanting to argue about the lack of armor, he slipped the jacket on then the pants, having a slight difficulty with his tail.

The girls behind him seemed to be interested in whether or not their princesses actually knew anything about his situation that they weren't letting them know about. Pinkie had stopped hopping in place and had the look of rapt attention, while Rainbow Dash, who was no longer bored because of the fight, and the others were looking between the two groups.

Luna looked to her sister and said, "Tia, if we tell him now we can more easily explain things to him. The more we make him wait the more he will only resent us and possibly cause harm to our little ponies."

Celestia gave a loud sigh and looked to her guards in the room, "I need all the guards to exit the throne room except for Captain Armor." Looking over to the side of the throne he saw the guard in purple armor again standing next to a pink pony similar to that of the princesses but slightly smaller.

I made another great first impression there with Twilight's brother.

The guards obediently filed out of the room giving nods to the captain as they went, believing that he could handle any situation that their 'guest' may cause.

It was after the last guard had left the room and the doors had closed did Celestia speak again, "There is a spell that allows beings to travel from this world to your world Adam. I, myself, have used this very spell just recently and had just returned from the trip and there are side effects to the spell that have yet to be resolved. One of these side effects is that some objects will sometimes be pulled in and taken to the other world, which I believe is what brought you here.” Celestia's demeanor softened as she spoke and a warm smile returned to her face, "Before I say anything more about the spell, I must say one other thing. Though my guards and nopony else beyond this room know, we owe a debt of gratitude to you and the other soldiers who fought and died to protect that convoy in your memory."

"And why would that be ma'am," his voice had lost its edge at the mention of a spell to bring him home, he could feel his chest swell up with happiness and hope as if it were a dream come true.

"In that convoy were myself and my chief diplomat that has been acting as my ambassador in between my visits. He has taken up residence in your country to fill this roll for me and my sister. It was thanks to every one of your sacrifices that we made it to the base with no harm coming to us." Just as sudden as the smile had spread across her face did it change to a saddened look as well as her voice, "Thus it brings me much sadness to inform you, and also the chief reason as to why we did not say this sooner, is that though the spell no longer requires twenty-eight to thirty years to gather the energy to cast it, thanks to my sister's return. The spell still requires a tremendous amount of energy that requires at least twenty to twenty-five years before it can be cast again."

If he was to look down at his stomach he would expect to find a knife sticking out and being twisted around inside of him. All his happiness that he had felt just moments ago were obliterated by the wave of depression that followed. He fell onto his haunches unable to think of anything to say, he could feel the tears spill over and run down his cheeks. The fact that hit him the hardest of all was that he would not be able to see his son again until he had become fully grown, while Adam would have only fade to a distant memory if he was lucky. He would miss all the major events of his son's life and everything else that would make up his identity.

He could hear the voices of the friends he had made, talking to him, trying to reassure him that everything would be alright, but they all seemed distant to him as if spoken through a dense fog.

He just wanted to be alone, so after standing back up and looking to the princesses giving them a slight bow he said, "If you would excuse me," then turned and walked out a broken man.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, here it is, I originally planned on posting this chapter on Wednesday but thought why the hell not post it now.

On another note I made a blog entry (that not a lot of people read) that was about adding a new tag to the story. The thing is, I will be leaving the choice to my readers. The tag in question is the romance tag. Besides letting ya'll choose if I add it or not I will even leave it up to everyone as to with who. I will not use any of the mane six though unless given a good reason why I should use them (they are used too often).

A) Derpy
B) Lyra
C) Another Pony (be reasonable)

Leave a comment or send me a message and I'll read it.