• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 1,024 Views, 39 Comments

Revolution: Equestrian Blackout - LittleBoyBlue



One fateful night, all magic just, disappears in a worldwide blackout...

  • ...
6
 39
 1,024

The Pendant Necklace

10 YEARS LATER

"So, can anypony tell me what THIS note is?" A small schoolhouse filled with fillies and colts was currently occupied. A brown pegasus with glasses and messy black hair pointed to the board. There was a section of lines, with a black oval on the bottom line. "Anypony care to guess?" A young filly raised her hoof. "Yes, Lilac?"

"Mister Equinox, I need to use the potty." Equinox sighed, as he slowly nodded. The little filly quickly got up and ran to the latrines. He then turned back to the young ponies.

"All right, anypony know yet?" A hoof finally went up. "Yes PJ?"

"The answer is: Nopony cares!" The whole class started giggling at the statement, while Equinox sighed again. He then smirked at the young colt.

"Well, since nopony cares about this note, I think that nopony would care about practicing our scales again, would they?" The young ones groaned and whined, as Equinox lifted his violin, signaling them to lift up their instruments. A few flutes, a lot of xylophones, some trumpets, and one viola. "D Major, one octave. One, two, ready, and!" They then started to play, making a whole lot of noise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Equinox was walking down the village streets, his instrument strapped to his side in the case. He dismissed the class just minutes ago, as he made his way back to his cabin. Suddenly, he saw a familiar white stallion walking in front of him. He unfurled his wings and made his way to his side.

"Shining Armor! Good morning!"

"Good morning Equinox." He started to walk with Shining Armor, ready to converse.

"Is everything okay back at the cabin?"

"Yeah, just fine."

"How's your wife?" Equinox asked. "Has she gotten better?"

"Cadence is showing signs of improvement, thankfully. I just hope she gets well soon."

"Me too." There was a short pause, then Equinox continued. "Thank you Shining Armor."

Shining looked at him in confusion. "Thank you? For what?"

"For staying. I remember back ten years ago that the militia tried to get you into their ranks. But you stayed. And since then, you have kept us safe with your security team. Thank you."

Shining Armor smiled. "Why wouldn't I stay? My family needed me. Nopony else but me can keep them safe. The ponies you should thank are the ponies in my defense unit. They help us sleep a little safer. Besides, I want to stay close to the ones I care about, and I would NEVER leave them."

Equinox sighed. "If only that were true for somepony I know... " Equinox sulked. Shining Armor then put a hoof on his back.

"I know you miss your friend. But he made his choice. He's gotten over it, you should too. But you should never forget the friendship you two had." Equinox gave a sad smile, and nodded slowly. Shining reassuringly smiled back.

"Okay. I'll see you later Shining Armor!" Equinox then took flight into the air, as Shining waved. Shining Armor then continued down the path to his family's cabin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The cabin was slightly larger than the others. It had Twilight's Cutie Mark engraved on the front doors. Shining Armor knocked on the doors. The doors opened to reveal his father's familiar face.

"Hey Shining! Come on in son!" Shining smiled, and went inside. Twilight was sitting on a bench, reading a Daring Do book. She looked up and grinned at him.

"Hi Shining Armor! I'm so glad your back!" She trotted towards him and nuzzled him.

"I'm happy to see you too Twily." He then headed towards the kitchen and grabbed a muffin. He grabbed it with his hooves and began to munch on it.

"How was today's security watch son?" Shining's father asked.

"Fine. Nothing threatening so far, but I have my comrades on watch..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
His hooves marched along with the others. His light armor clanked softly. He kept a serious gaze, determined and strict.

"Corporal Quicksilver!" The earth pony turned to see his superior, Lieutenant Blade Run, acknowledging him. Quicksilver headed towards him. He stopped and saluted.

"Sir!"

"Captain Daylight is in need of your services. Go see to him Corporal."

"Yes sir!" The guard saluted once more, then galloped towards the front. There, he saw Captain Daylight. He was a dark orange pony. His mane was cut extremely short. His armor consisted of a black leather jacket with green colors. His shades covering his eyes. His belt dangling from his waist. Quicksilver caught up with the Captain and immediately walked in Daylight's pace.

"Sir! You have been calling for me?" The Captain turned to glance at Quicksilver.

"Ah yes. I have called you because I need you to give me an answer." Quicksilver looked a little confused.

"Sir?"

"Where do YOU think, the princesses have gone?"

"Permission to speak freely sir." Daylight nodded. "Sir, why are you asking me this?"

"You've heard of all the stories of what happened to them, right?" Quicksilver nodded. "Well, which one of those stories do YOU believe in?" Quicksilver paused for a second.

"Well... I believe that they're actually still out there, but they found refuge in the Everfree Forest..." Daylight nodded his head.

"I see. Well, stay near me Corporal." He then turned back and looked at Quicksilver. "We're going to apprehend the pony who might help our forces."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"...and remember when Cadence caught me in midair, and the Chrystal Ponies turned all `Chrystally' again? Then, once King Sombra was defeated, we turned `chrystally' as well?" Spike said, retelling the adventure.

"Oh yeah, that was quite an experience." Twilight said. "Remember that, Cadence?" The bright pink alicorn smiled weakly. Twilight, Spike, and Shining Armor sat at the bed Cadence was resting in. Her eyes had a tired look and her mane was messed up from her sleeping. Shining Armor placed his hoof on Cadence's forehead.

"Thank goodness. You're temperature is coming back to normal. You should be healthy by tomorrow." Cadence sighed in relief.

"Good. Thank you for everything you three." Cadence replied with a raspy voice. Shining leaned close to her and nuzzled her. She smiled, as she closed her eyes.

"Sleep well Cadence..." Shining Armor kissed her cheek, and spread the blankets over her. "Let's leave her alone guys..." The three of them silently left the room, and closed the door softly. Shining Armor was smiling at Spike, as he walked away. However, he turned to see a dejected Twilight in front him. Shining frowned. "What's wrong Twilight?" She looked at him sadly.

"Is mom ever coming back?"

Shining Armor exhaled softly. "Twily, we've been over this. She'll come back once she has found sup-"

"Supplies! I know!" She sobbed loudly. "But what if she's dead?! What if the militia found her, and killed her?!"

"Now Twily, don't think like tha-"

"I miss her so much Shining Armor! I don't know where she went." Twilight sniffed, as tears dropped from her face. "I don't know where my friends are, I don't know where Princess Celestia is... they're all just...gone!" Twilight cried out in anguish. Shining Armor wrapped her in a hug, as she cried into his fur.

"It's alright Twily, it's alright. I'm here. Dad is still here. You're not alone." Twilight sniffed, as she hugged her BBBFF even tighter.

"Please don't leave me BBBFF... "

"I promise, I won't." Suddenly, knocks were heard on the door. Twilight's father opened the door. There stood a golden-furred security team pony, panting.

"Sir!" He called to Shining Armor. Shining released Twilight and headed to the pony.

"What is it private?"

"The Eclipse Militia! They have been spotted." Shining Armor gave a sharp exhale, then gave a serious look.

"Tell the team to get into position, just like we planned."

"Yes sir!" The pony saluted, then ran off. Shining Armor looked back at a surprised Twilight.

"What's going on?" She asked worriedly.

"The Eclipse Militia... is here..." Shining Armor looked at his father and nodded. His dad nodded back, and tightened the necklace on his neck; the necklace holding the pendant.

"Twilight, you stay here with Spike and keep Cadence company. We've got some business to deal with." Twilight's father told her. Then, he and Shining Armor put their combat attire on. They headed for the door, until Twilight stopped Shining.

"WAIT!!" Twilight held on to Shining's hoof. "Don't leave me..."

Shining Armor smiled. "Don't worry Twily, we'll be right back." And with that, Twilight's brother and father left the cabin. Twilight sniffed.

"Please, be safe..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The villagers all gathered round the entrance, with Shining Armor and his security team in front of them. They were mumbling to each other, until they heard the familiar sound of marching militia ponies.

"Prepare yourselves." Shining Armor called to his team. They immediately concealed their swords and daggers in their armor. The militia kept marching closer. The big white flag with a bold "E" on it was now visible. Finally, the militia stopped at the entrance to the village. The dark orange pony with shades came out, surrounded by his soldiers. He took off his shades to reveal his hazel colored eyes.

"Are you Mister Nightlight?" The pony asked Shining's dad.

"Yes. What seems to be the problem, Mister..."

"Daylight. Captain Daylight." The pony responded.

"Yes, well, what is the problem Captain Daylight?"

"By the Eclipse Militia Law, we have found you, Mister Nightlight, under suspicion of treason," Nightlight breathed out slowly. "Therefore, you are to be arrested, and delivered back to Eclipse HQ for questioning." The crowd gasped in shock. Shining Armor immediately stepped in front of his dad.

"No! You won't take my father away from me!"

Daylight looked unimpressed. "Do you know who you're dealing with boy?"

Shining smirked. "Yes I do." He then stamped his foot, signaling for the team's attack. At once, they revealed their weapons and began to fight the soldiers surrounding Daylight. Daylight, however, just stood there, observing. The soldiers tried to fend them off, but the defense team was starting to overwhelm them. A defense team pony charged at Daylight.

"Alright." Daylight said, as he rolled his sleeve over, revealing a small contraption on his forehoof. He aimed it at the charging pony, then pressed on it, causing it to make a noise like thunder...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Equinox had just put away his case. He went to go check on his roommate. He opened the door to find a grey earth pony with a long black mane, peacefully sleeping in her bed. He slowly closed the door, careful not to wake her up. He had to admit, having a mare as a roommate was actually not that bad. Equinox was just glad she played a string instrument, like him. Suddenly, he heard a loud, cracking noise.

"What the hay was that?" Equinox was surprised by the sound. He opened the door to find his roommate rudely awakened by the sound. "Stay here Octavia. I've gotta check this out." She nodded in understanding, as Equinox grabbed his leather jacket and left the house. He was now headed towards the source of the sound. Then, he heard it again, and again, and again...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One by one, Daylight shot down each of the team ponies with his gadget. Soon, all of Shining Armor's security team was neutralized. Shining Armor stared angrily at Daylight. The crowd was silenced by the deaths of the team. Daylight then smirked at Shining Armor.

"Wasn't expecting that, were you?" Daylight chuckled, as he toyed with his new weapon. "This baby takes in metal balls we call bullets. And what do these bullets do?" Daylight rolled his sleeve over the weapon. "It can decimate a weak response team. Unfortunately for me I'm out of bullets." Shining Armor growled, as he charged at Daylight. "Now Corporal!" Daylight shouted. Suddenly, a white stallion with a short, orange mane pushed Shining to the ground. Shining Armor looked at the stallion. He was a bit shorter than him, and his armor was long, dark coat, with a small, black breastplate underneath the coat. By his attire, Shining knew he was from Luna's guards once.

"Get out of my way!" Shining said, trying to push him away. Instead Quicksilver grabbed his hoof and twisted it. Shining yelped in pain, then went in for a headbutt. However, Quicksilver dodged the attack, and swung his hoof to hit Shining on the back of the neck. Shining Armor was on the ground again.

"Nice fighting skills," Quicksilver teased. "It's great to see a Royal Guard legend in action..." Shining Armor charged at Quicksilver, this time throwing a punch. Quicksilver blocked it, and attempted to counter punch. Shining Armor blocked his punch as well. "You're quite good," Quicksilver then launched his back leg up to kick Shining in the crotch. Shining Armor bent down in pain, groaning. "But we're not Royal Guards anymore Shiny... " He then punted Shining Armor in the face, knocking him out. Quicksilver spat at the ground, as he walked back to the Captain.

"Excellent job, Corporal..."

"Thank-you Captain."

Daylight then turned to Nightlight. "Let's take away the suspicion and just leave treason on your list of offenses." The Captain then looked at Quicksilver. "Take the rebel away."

"Yes sir! All right soldiers, take the rebel into custody!"

"No! NO! DON'T" Nightlight then picked up a dagger from the ground and tried to get the soldiers away from his son. The soldiers underestimated his skills and quickly began to lose the fight. Nightlight stabbed one soldier, then kicked another. Suddenly, he was grabbed by a pair of hooves. He turned around to see Daylight, before he punched him to the ground. Daylight then rolled his sleeve up again.

"You killed one of my men. That's a crime punishable by execution..." Daylight fiddled with his weapon, until he heard a click. "Oh look, I have one...bullet... left..." Nightlight's eyes widened, as Daylight aimed his hoof, and fired...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"TWILIGHT!!!" Equinox was yelling at the front door of Twilight's Cabin. He was knocking as fast as he could. Finally, Twilight opened the door.

"What is it Equinox?"

"It's your father!" Equinox panted. Twilight gasped. "Follow me!" Equinox flew out towards the entrance.

"Spike, stay with Cadence!"

"Yes Twilight." Twilight ran after Equinox, until they eventually reached the entrance. There, she saw her father lying next to a big rock.

"Dad?! DAD!!!" Twilight shrieked at him, as she panicked about his condition. "Please stay with me dad! Please! Oh, where is Shining Armor?!" Suddenly, the injured father began to speak.

"They.... the militia.... took Shining Armor..... away...."

"No....no......" Twilight was tearing up.

"Twilight," Nightlight coughed. He then grabbed his necklace and yanked it off of him. With all of his remaining strength, he handed the pendant to her. He weakly grabbed her hoof and placed it in her hoof. "You must.... find Star....your uncle....
he will help you get back......your brother......"

"Uncle Star. Right. Okay, just hang on. Everything's gonna.....everything's gonna-" Twilight was unable to stop herself from crying. "Please, just stay with me..."

Nightlight weakly smiled, and wiped off her tears. "You have grown so much.......you're now....a beautiful young mare.......but you'll always be...... my sweet, little girl...... " Nightlight smiled, then slowly closed his eyes.

"Daddy? Daddy?!" Twilight began to lose herself. "DADDY!!! NO!!!" Twilight lost all control, and sobbed uncontrollably. She was now all by herself. Equinox attempted to comfort her, and tried to wrap his wings around her. But she shrugged them off, and ran crying back to her cabin. Equinox stared at the ground for the longest time. Then, something peculiar caught his eye. The pendant on the ground was illuminating. He grabbed the pendant and stared in wonder. Then, it flickered and went dead. Equinox was stunned at what just transpired. He had no idea why or how that happened. He then looked over to Nightlight's resting body. Then to the pendant. He then remembered Nightlight saying something about finding an uncle. He looked back at the pendant, seeing the shape of Twilight's Cutie Mark.

"Twilight needs a friend," Equinox stated. "To bring back the magic... " He then put on the necklace, paid his respects for Nightlight, then headed towards Twilight's Cabin, wearing the pendant necklace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~