• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 1,047 Views, 13 Comments

Dash jets on: RotE Episode 2 - Dream Volt



Dash is suddenly faster. How is that a problem?

  • ...
5
 13
 1,047

AJ's problem

"What ya mean Pinkie's right?"

AJ's shout woke me up. I think I had made at least a hundred of the little rainbooms, crashing though the sound barrier over and over again, just because I could. I even managed it once while I was gaining altitude. It was crazy, and bothered me even more. I figured out why at least, and should really talk to somepony, but I wore myself out completely, and wasn't sure who I wanted to talk to.

"Applejack. This is the fifth time I've cast the spell and there can be no doubt."

"Are you sure about that spell? I mean…"

"AJ. It's the spell I used to find who was stealing your apples. Dash was taking some like you expected, but mostly it was those strange furry bugs."

"So it just all leads back to me?"

"Well Dash is up in the tree above us, and I know that because she stole a few apples earlier, but all the damage to the trunks is you."

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack yelled "How many times I gotta tell ya…"

"Oh come on AJ, it's no big deal. Most of the time it's like you can't keep the apples off the trees."

I then jumped out of the tree right as AJ was lining up to buck me out of it. I glided to the ground and landed gently. She glared at me, but then turned back to Twilight. Twilight was looking at me intently for some reason.

"So you sure about this Twi?"

"Yes, quite sure. Just try bucking as gently as possible. Clearly the upswing in your own magic has increased your strength though if you were to submit to and examinations so I could get some more detailed readings I could be more sure and it would also help me with my current research greatly."

"I guess I could do that for ya Twi, especially if it might help me too. Still, I got trees to buck, I guess I just gotta be real gentle then?"

"That's what I suggest. I think I'm going to write a letter to Celestia asking her if there are some books on earth pony and pegasai magic I'm not aware of. What scraps I've run across already are quite fascinating. I'd love to read a more focused tome."

I laughed. "Twi, you really are such an egghead. I mean you're doing stuff and studying it directly, but you still want a book. It's just so…" I then waved a hoof a round randomly trying to come up with the right word. "You. So very you."

"Well, I certainly can't argue with that. Literally." She rolled her eyes

"Uh, anyway, later you two I think I'm going to go see Fluttershy about, a, uh, thing."

"You're just the epitome of clarity today, aren't you Dash."

"Yea, you aren't exactly trimming the tree, are ya?"

"Wha?" said Twilight

"What the hay does that mean AJ?"

"Ya know, trimming it back so you can see the apples better."

"Oh." Twilight and I echoed.

"It ain't that weird a saying."

"Yea, sorry AJ, but it totally is. I bet only the apple family ever uses it."

"Well, I should get going."

"Yea, me too. Later both of you."

I then zipped off. Twilight would always listen but I didn't really feel like talking to her, especially if she's busy. Talking to Pinkie could be fun, but was usually pretty pointless if it wasn't about parties or pranks. AJ and I didn't really have a talking sorta friendship, but I guess I could talk to her about this if she wasn't busy. Rarity could be great to talk to unless she got off on some tangent about fashion or other stupid uber-girly thing I couldn't care less about. Fluttershy knew me the best anyway, and she was even a pegasus, even if sometimes it didn't seem like it. Though I'm not too sure that's even what this is really about.