• Published 4th Apr 2023
  • 329 Views, 7 Comments

Equine Impact: The Outlander Who Caught the Wind - DecoGalileo



The dragon who defended Hiersindwir for a millennium finally faces his perturbation. What does freedom really mean, when demanded of you by god?

  • ...
3
 7
 329

Dragon Storm

Sunset continued clap until she noticed something about the sky. You, me and Sunset looked up.

"The sky..." Sunset said. Suddenly, something familiar flew. It was the dragon you saw earlier with that colorful mare. The Dragone flew building to building. Everyone ran to evacuate while you stood there shocked. As the dragon roared, 3 dark tornadoes formed in your view. z

You and Sunset ran to shelter immediately. But suddenly, a gush of wind surrounded you pulled you into the tornado. As you were tossed, you pulled the wind glider, and saw the view of Hiersindwir in danger. Suddenly, Sturmterror flew towards you , but you managed to dodge it. The wind Sturmterror made caused you to fly back, and pull your wind glider.

"Huh? How are you staying afloat like this with just a Wind Glider?" I said.

"I'm preventing your fall with the power of a thousand winds." a familiar voice said. "Now, concentrate. See yourself grasping the wind. Harness its energy." she said once more.

"Who... who said that!?" I said. You ignored me and continued to shoot Sturmterror on his back. You shoot his tail and wing, causing him to roar in pain, as he flew faster and higher, not to be seen again in your sight. You eventually gave up and flew back to the surface, where Sunset was waiting for your arrival. Sunset ran up to you.

"A-Are you hurt?!" Sunset said. You shook your head. Suddenly, a tall stallion walks up to both of you, clapping his hooves.

He dons a glorious white fur cloak and a light blue unbottoned jacket. Underneath is a white shirt. He wears navy, black fingerless gloves, a gold earring, a chain, brown boots, and a belt with the the same charm Sunset has, but it resembles a thunderbolt with wings, and the only difference is that the smaller charm is snowflake shaped and cyan in color, plus addorned with smaller wings. He also has long hair tied into a ponytail, and has long bags, covering one portion of his eyepatch.

"You've actually got the power to go up against the dragon...Are you a new ally... or a new storm?" the stallion spoke.

"Sturmterror... is attacking Mondstadt itself! Soarin, Traveler, you've come at the right time. We must...

"Hold on, Sunset. Are you perhaps forgetting to introduce us?" he said.

"Oh... right. This is Soarin, our Cavalry Captain. These two are travelers from afar, a Traveler and Deco."

"From afar? Is that all we know of them?" Soarin thought.

"Long story short..." Sunset said. As Sunset tells Soarin the whole story...

"I see. Welcome to Hiersindwir — though you haven't arrived at the best of times, I'm afraid. I understand the anguish of being separated from family. I'm not really sure why you're looking for the Anemo God..." Soarin said. "But everyone has their secrets, right? Haha, relax! I won't press you for more. First and foremost, on behalf of the Knights of Günstig, I would like to extend our thanks to you for your help just now."

"Well, we couldn't just leave the situation to fester. You're welcome! So... Ah... Where's the reward?" you said.

"Ahh... How about a traditional Hiersindwir delicacy, Sticky Honey Roast?" Soarin said.

"I just heard about that one!"

"Your fight to defend the city against the dragon just now was witnessed by no small number of citizens. The Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Günstig is also very interested in meeting you, and formally invites you both to our headquarters." Soarin said. They gave you a minute and looked around Hiersindwir. Many guards have came around.

"That dragon could return at any time. The Knights of Günstig will keep watch; everyone else is urged to find shelter immediately."

"This is an emergency. Please be assured that the Knight of Günstig's first priority is to guarantee the safety of everyone in the city."

"We are currently experiencing abnormal weather patterns. It is dangerous outside. Citizens are advised to seek shelter."

You found a blacksmith stallion still outside.

"What? Speak up, I can't hear you." he said.

"Aren't you going to find shelter?"

"Shelter? It'd take a much bigger storm than this to keep me away from my blacksmith's...The wrought iron here spends all day getting hammered into shape. People, on the other hand, don't get that chance as often — so make the most of it." he said. You immediately left and spotted a strange looking guard with a mask and dark attire. You went up to him.

"Just like his excellency said..." he said.

"Aren't you going to find shelter?"

"Hmph, I'm enjoying the view! This is a golden opportunity for the Ya Burv Durnyy to...To ask you to mind your own business! This wind is nothing compared to back home in Krio, so stop making a mountain out of a molehill. Go away!" he said. You immediately left and ran to the headquarters.

"This seems to be the Knights of Günstig Headquarters. Let's head in." I said. "This is the Knights of Günstig Headquarters. Let's take a look inside." I said as you looked around the headquarters, accompanied by Sunset and Soarin.