• Published 29th Mar 2023
  • 1,052 Views, 18 Comments

Wool of Magic - Zeprto678



Former human ends up in a universe where the Elements of Harmony never existed if the tree didn't exist either.

  • ...
8
 18
 1,052

Sleeping Is Over

It was a cloudy day in Ponyville as there were pegasi putting up rain clouds into the sky. Jasper was walking around the town while Melon and Banana Pie were trotting with him. The sheep's wool had grown back. It didn't matter if he was sheared during the day since, once the full moon came out, fur would grow in its place. Once morning came, it would convert or revert into wool. So, no matter how many times the sheep is sheared, it all grows back, which leaves him with too much bagged, sheared wool.

“You know, I just don’t understand why ponies are so afraid and disturbed of the Everfree. I understand that there are some creatures living there that are either dangerous or terrifying, but everyone considering the forest’s nature to be unnatural doesn’t make sense,” said Jasper, confused. It just seems odd to him that ponies feel that way. “I mean, the nature there runs exactly the way it did back then before ponies even started getting involved, the animals take care of themselves, and the weather runs naturally. There are even parts of the world that have environments that run perfectly without pony intervention. Know what I mean?”

The three of them had nothing to do today after helping some ponies out by pruning some trees in the park as there will be a downpour of rain soon. As for the others, Gentle Hope was helping ponies out as a psychiatrist, Cinna was helping place some clouds, and Solight was at the library teaching Trixie some magic spells they knew. So, the three had decided, before the pegasi was about to be done and it was about to rain, to buy some snacks, which they had just done at a place called ‘Marshmallow Palace’.

She thought about it. “Yeah, I guess so. It’s interesting to hear that other parts of the world have weather just like the Everfree,” said the melon pony. Melon wistfully sighed. “I wish I could travel to places outside of Equestria.”

The sheep smiled. “Don’t worry, Melon. You’ll be able to travel outside of Equestria one day,” he reassured. “I just know it.”

Hearing that made Melon smile. “Thanks,” she said.

“No problem,” said Jasper. “Huh?”

The sheep had looked up into the sky and spotted a pair of familiar pegasi flying by as it was the pegasus mare and their brother, Lemon. From what Jasper knew, the phoenix pegasus lived with his sibling Cinna in a shared apartment room, and just like the other Lemon, always liked to mess with her by stealing or trying to steal the pegasus’ chocolates. Also, the phoenix pegasus’ father is currently dating Cinna’s father who is still married to and still dating the pegasus mare’s mother who is okay with it.

“Hey! Cinna!” called out the sheep.

His shouting had attracted Cinna’s attention, who looked down and saw Jasper waving the two over. She turned and said something to Lemon before the pair had changed directions and flew down over to the three and landed.

“Hey, Jasper. Did you need something?” questioned the pegasus, curious.

He nodded. “Yeah,” said the sheep.

Jasper reached into his cloak and took out two bags, which were both filled with marshmallows, except the look of the marshmallows in both bags were different looking from each other.

The sheep hoofed over the two bags to Cinna and Lemon. “One bag is filled with chocolate-covered marshmallows, which is for you, Cinna, while the other bag is filled with lemon-flavored marshmallows, Lemon,” he informed.

The next thing Jasper knew, the two pegasi siblings took the bags of marshmallows from him and started devouring them with gusto, which kind of surprised the three. In less than thirty seconds, both the pegasus mare and the phoenix pegasus had finished off their tasty treats.

They smiled at the sheep. “Those were some great marshmallows, Jasper. Thanks a lot!” said Lemon. “So, what are you three doing here? Shouldn’t you all be heading home before it rains?”

“We decided to get some snacks before heading home,” the melon pony informed. “I’m guessing you two had just finished helping with the clouds?”

She nodded. “Yeah, and it should be raining any sec–” said Cinna.

But before the pegasus could finish that sentence, it started raining a lot. The five of them were starting to get rained on.

“Augh!” shouted Melon.

“What great timing!” shouted Cinna, sarcastically. She was annoyed that they were all getting rained on.

Jasper didn’t like getting rained on as his cloak was getting wet.

The sheep then had an idea as he remembered a certain pony who lived nearby the area. “Quick, everyone! Gentle Hope’s place is nearby,” shouted Jasper. “We’ll head there to stay dry.”

No one had time to argue as they all wanted to get out of the rain, so everyone quickly headed for the psychiatrist pony’s place.


A Few Minutes Later

They made it to the place where Gentle Hope both worked and lived, which was a psychiatric building that was also a mixed-use one-floor apartment. By some weird coincidence, the group had made it inside just as the psychiatrist pony had clocked out.

She was kind of surprised to see everyone at her job all at once since today wasn’t the day for any of their sessions with Gentle Hope. “Hi there, everyone. Is there something wrong?” asked the psychiatrist pony. She didn’t notice yet that everyone was wet from the rain or that there was a storm happening outside.

He decided to be the one to inform Gentle Hope. “There’s a storm happening outside, and by the time we all get back home, we’ll be completely rained on, so we were wondering if we could stay here until it stops?” asked the phoenix pony.

Hearing that surprised her. “The storm’s happening right now? I thought it was weird that some of my appointments had to reschedule today's session,” said the psychiatrist pony.

The melon pony became confused. “You didn’t know that the storm was happening today?” she asked.

Gentle Hope shook her head. “No, I knew about the storm, I just didn’t know when it’d be happening,” answered the psychiatrist pony. “Anyway, you can all stay with me until the storm is over. Follow me.”

She trotted away while the others followed after the psychiatrist pony. After going through the place, they made it to some stairs and trotted up it until they made it to the apartment level of the building. There were eight rooms, and the room door they stopped at was number ‘104’. Once everyone got inside the psychiatrist pony’s apartment room, they all saw that it was decorated all homely-like with some furniture, a record player, a bookcase with books on psychology, potted plants here and there, carpet and tile flooring here and there, etc.

He was impressed. “Nice place you have here, Gentle Hope,” complimented Jasper.

Gentle Hope smiled. “Thanks. I’ll go and get you all some towels from the closet to dry off with,” she said.

The psychologist pony trotted off.


Meanwhile

At the library, Solight was currently having their own sleepover with Apple, Rarity, and Trixie. The sheepover was the magician mare’s idea since today was Trixie’s last day in Ponyville now that her wagon has been repaired. So, the magician mare suggested a sleepover since she’s never had one before, and the alicorn agreed since they’ve always wanted one too. As for the apple pony and beautiful mare, the two equines were there in order to avoid the storm and are there until the rain is over. Spike, including Dusk and Dawn weren’t at the library as the young dragon was summoned to Canterlot, while the fused alicorn were at Sweet Apple Acres.

“Rarity, truth or dare?” asked Solight.

During their session of ‘truth or dare’, all of them have done truths and dares, some of which fueled some anger between Applejack and Rarity thanks to the two daring each other.

“Truth, darling,” said the beautiful mare.

“How do you do your dresses? Like, where do you get the inspiration for them?” asked the alicorn, curious.

She chuckled. “Darling, I get all the inspiration for my outfits from right here,” said Rarity, pointing a hoof at her head. “The ideas just come to me. My turn.”

The beautiful mare spun the bottle with her magic, and it spun until it landed on Trixie.

“Trixie, truth or dare?” asked Rarity.

She was confident. “The Great and Powerful Trixie chooses Dare,” said Trixie, confident.

The beautiful mare grinned. “I dare you to not speak in third person for the entire day,” said Rarity.

That surprised the magician mare, but then she huffed while looking confident. “Trix-I mean, I accept your dare. I’m not afraid,” said Trixie.

That made them all laugh. The magician mare spun the bottle, and it landed on Solight.

“Truth,” said the alicorn.

She looked slightly hesitant while blushing. “Do…you have any lovers?” asked Trixie, curious.

That made the two mares interested in Solight’s answer, while the alicorn was confused.

“Nope. Never had one before,” said the alicorn.

“Would you want one now?” asked the magician mare, wondering.

Solight thought about it. “Well…First, I’d have to find the right mare or stallion to date. After that, I’d ask them out a few times before I officially ask them to be my lover,” they answered.

She was satisfied with the answer. “Okay,” said Trixie. The magician mare felt excited. “That wasn’t a no.

The apple pony and the beautiful mare both sighed at the alicorn’s obliviousness. As for Solight, for some strange reason, they were now feeling like there was one part of themself telling the other part that Trixie likes the alicorn, but then Solight dismissed the notion. They spun the bottle, and it landed on Applejack.

“Applejack, truth or dare?” asked the alicorn.


Meanwhile

“Truth,” said the sheep.

The pegasus was laying down on the floor upside down. “Are you and Melon dating?” they asked, curious.

The question made Melon blush, while Jasper was unaffected.

He raised an eyebrow. “Yeah? I mean, we’ve been on a few dates ever since our first date,” answered the sheep, misunderstanding.

The group had decided to have a sleepover in Gentle Hope’s apartment room just until the storm was over. The psychiatrist pony was okay with the idea since Gentle Hope thought it would be fun to have a sleepover with her friends. Right now, the group was playing truth or dare. Cinna had been dared to talk throughout the entire sleepover upside-down, and now it was Jasper’s turn, and he chose Truth.

She laughed. “I meant, are you two marefriend and…sheepfriend?” asked Cinna, curious.

Now the sheep understood. “Ohh…” he said. “Yeah, we are. We were actually planning on telling you all today, but then the storm was going to happen. So, we decided tomorrow was a better option, but I guess during the sleepover is good too.” Jasper looked at the melon pony. “Right, my Melon Slice?”

She blushed even more, before giving him an evil grin. “Right, Mutton Chop,” confirmed the melon pony.

GROWWWWWLLLLL!!!

They were all surprised when they heard the noise and realized that it was coming from the sheep’s stomach.

That made Jasper blush. “Stop doing that!” he exclaimed, embarrassed.

“I’ll stop that when you come up with a better nickname for me,” replied Melon.

The sheep only grumbled.

“Uh, Jasper? What was that all about?” asked Lemon, confused.

He sighed. “A few days ago, my stomach would start to and growl every time for no reason whenever I hear about meat, even when I’m not hungry,” explained Jasper. The sheep sighed. “That also goes for meat-based nicknames, Melon.”

The melon pony chuckled.

The sheep decided to change the subject. “Anyway. How are you feeling, Lemon?” asked Jasper, concerned. “Are you still feeling okay?”

He nodded, smiling. “I’m good. I know that the storm’s happening outside, but at least I don’t hear it,” said the phoenix pony.

Like Lemon said, it was storming outside yet the sound couldn’t be heard from inside of Gentle Hope’s apartment room. The phoenix pony was afraid of the storm happening outside because of the noise, and so they hid away in a corner to get away from it. So, the sheep used his magic to create a sound barrier around the entire apartment room, nullifying sound from outside the barrier. Lemon was now doing much better as long as the storm couldn’t be heard.

He smiled. “That’s great to hear,” said Jasper. “I’m going to go grab a snack, and then we can continue.”

The sheep got up and walked over to the table on which were several snacks the psychiatrist had left for everyone.


Some Time Later

The four, after finishing their pillow fight, were now roasting marshmallows over a safe, magical fire that was created by Solight, while also telling scary stories. It was the alicorn’s turn to tell a story.

“And so, if you were to listen closely, you can still hear her calling out for her lover’s name out in the fog, but distorted,” they said.

Solight was telling a scary story involving a mare, her lover, death, and a fog. So far, it seemed to be working as the three mares were looking scared.

“R̶̰̱̣͈̓́̀̎a̴͕̹̦̲͌i̶͍͌ͅṅ̷̩̳̹͂́f̸͕͚͇̘̽a̵̡̛̜͔͙l̷͇̻̆̀ľ̴͎̱̺̎̽͜,” said the alicorn with a voice distorted by magic.

Then, the three mares screamed.

“Enough already! You win!” exclaimed Rarity. “Your story is the scariest!” She just wanted the story to be over.

Seeing that they won, Solight stopped. “Okay,” said the alicorn.

The magician mare calmed herself down and put on a fake brave face. “I wasn’t afraid of that story. I’ve heard way scarier stories than that,” said Trixie.

Everyone wasn’t convinced by the magician mare’s fake bravado.

“Uh-huh. Sure,” said Solight, unconvinced.

“Anyway, Solight. That there story almost scared me ta death,” said Applejack. “Where’d ya learn how ta do that voice thing at the end?”

They smiled. “I learned it in a book I borrowed from Jasper. It contains an ancient language used by some pony-like creatures that live in another universe,” the alicorn informed. “There are even spells used by them too, but Jasper told me not to use any since it’d be troublesome for everyone if I accidentally cast one of those without meaning to.”

“That sounds about right,” said the apple pony, agreeing. She decided to change the subject. “How about we move on ta the next thing?”

Solight thought about it. “The next thing after scary stories would be…” they said.

“Makeovers,” Trixie informed.

The beautiful mare was excited about the makeover part, while Applejack wasn’t excited.

“Oh, great. Ah can’t wait,” she said, sarcastically.

There was something that came across in the alicorn’s mind. “One problem. We don’t have any makeup,” said Solight.

Rarity felt disappointed while the apple pony felt relieved, until…

“It’s no problem at all. I have some inside my wagon,” Trixie informed. “I’ll be right back.” She trotted away. The magician mare’s wagon was located right next to the library and was only a few hoofsteps away.

The beautiful mare was back to being excited, while Applejack felt disappointed.


A Few Hours Later

Gentle Hope opened the living room window as the storm was over and the sky was clear of any rain clouds.

She sighed. “Ahh, what a nice day out now that the storm is over,” said the psychiatrist pony.

Gentle Hope looked back to see her friends happily chatting amongst each other, but as for Jasper, he was writing a letter on a scroll, while in front of the sheep was another scroll.

He finished writing his letter, which was addressed to Draco. “He’ll need to know about the progress of the weapons,” thought Jasper.

Draco had commissioned the sheep both for some armor and some weapons, and Jasper had no time limit as the alicorn stallion said he can wait for both the armor and the weapons and didn’t care whichever was finished first. The sheep rolled up the paper before blowing some dragon fire on it, burning it and turning it into smoke, which then went out through the open window. After that, Jasper blew fire on the other letter, which was addressed to Princess Luna, turning it into smoke as well.

“So, are you all ready for Trixie’s goodbye party?” asked the pegasus mare. “Pinkie Pie did inform everyone that she’s holding the party after the storm is over.”

Pinkie Pie had set up a party that was for Trixie since the magician mare will be leaving today and heading back on the road. It’ll be a few months before they see her again is what the magician mare had told everyone. So, that’s why the party was being held.

“Yeah, we’re ready. Let’s get going,” said the melon pony.

Author's Note:

Yes, Melon and Jasper have been dating. They even got terrible, embarrassing nicknames for each other.

The Twilight side knows about Trixie's crush on Solight, while the Solar side is oblivious to it. As for Trixie, she may be leaving, but she will return one day.

Since Jasper is part-dragon, he can send messages with dragon fire too. Also, if Spike isn't around, then he can just send messages to Draco and Luna with his flames instead.

I got the glitch text from here.

Lemon and their drawing belongs to lemon-sugarcoats-nothing.

The Psychopath proofread this chapter.

Comments are welcome. :heart: