• Published 6th Mar 2023
  • 123 Views, 0 Comments

The Life of Golden Jollybaker - Jollybaker



A pegasus trying to get the ponies back together.

  • ...
 0
 123

Chapter 8

He arrived at an open field and looked up.

"Okay. I can do this."

He breathed in and out before jumping up off the ground. He began flapping his wings.

"I'm doing it. I'm doing it!"

He then started to fall back towards the ground. He ended up falling face first into the ground.

"Ouch."

He tried it again and again. Each time he did, he would end up with the same result.

He sighed and said, "It's okay. I'll just have to keep trying until I can get it right."

Then he heard somepony laughing at him.

"You know. You're not going anywhere like that!"

Jollybaker looked up. A pegasus was hovering above him. He was white with giant white wings, a cool fiery mane and long fiery tail."Name's Sonic Boom. I know what you're thinking and yes, I am spectacular."

"Hi, Sonic. I'm Golden Jollybaker! How are you...."

"Flying? Simple. I spread my wings out big and wide to make them more...uh.. ..breezy."

"Ohh. Okay."

Jollybaker tried to fly up off the ground using this technique. This time, he stayed in the air.

"Wow. It feels great to use my wings again. Thanks, Sonic."

Then there was a voice from behind him that made Sonic look frightened.

"What are you doing, Sonic?"

Jollybaker looked around to see who it was. She was a white pegasus just like Sonic but with a long white mane and tail.

"You know you're not supposed to show outsiders how to fly, especially when they come from Ponyville. Do you not remember what happened last time you did that? We ended up with a certain pegasus trying to trick us into trusting those ridiculous earth ponies."

"But mom! There's nothing wrong with them!" said Sonic.

"Go to your cloud and think of what you've done!" she said sternly.

"But..."

"Now!" she said angrily.

Sonic did what he was told and flew away.

Then Sonic's mom looked at Jollybaker.

"And as for you, go back to where you came from. You're not welcome in Cloudsdale. I will not hesitate to lock you up if you so much as enter one wing into my town."

She then flew off before he had a chance to say a single word.

"Well that went badly. I thought for sure they would like me, but other than Sonic, they seem to not trust anypony but the citizens of Cloudsdale. At least I know how to fly without magic now. It wasn't a complete waste of time. Maybe I'll have more luck with the unicorns."

Jollybaker had no choice but to head back to Ponyville. He will have to go see Appleworm and ask him where the unicorns live.