• Published 6th Mar 2023
  • 122 Views, 0 Comments

The Life of Golden Jollybaker - Jollybaker



A pegasus trying to get the ponies back together.

  • ...
 0
 122

Chapter 6

The first thing Jollybaker did was go downstairs and clean up the bakery. Then, he immediately started to bake some cookies for the pony he thought was Sandstone Pie.

While he was making the finishing touches, a pony with a hood over their head entered from the darkness outside.

"Hi! Wow. Your timing is incredible. I was just making the final touches of your cookies. Make yourself comfortable, Sandstone."

As soon as he said this, she pulled her hood off.

"I take it that you've read your sister's diary?" she asked.

Jollybaker realized he let slip that he knew her name, and seized the opportunity to ask her about his sister.

"Why did you lie about knowing my sister?"

"Well, technically, I didn't lie. I'm not Sandstone. I'm her slightly younger twin sister, Siltstone. As you already know, our sisters knew each other two and a half years ago. But what you read in your sister's diary was only part of the story. Back then, the earth ponies, unicorns and pegasi were indeed starting to fight amongst each other. You're sister, Harmony, my sister, Sandstone, and a unicorn, I'm sure you met, called Appleworm tried to keep them from falling apart because they knew that the continued arguing would cause the magic of friendship to fail and with it every other kind of magic in Equestria."

Siltstone sat there, waiting for Jollybaker to say something.

"But what happened to Harmony and Sandstone?" he finally asked. "And If you didn't know my sister, then how do you know all this?"

This made Siltstone look sad as she answered.

"I arrived two years ago after our sisters were gone. Appleworm told me the story since he knew who I was. He was supposed to get married to my sister, which is why I came, but there was no wedding to be had. He said that all magic has failed and that Sandstone had just left with a friend to look for help. He gave me a letter from my sister that said they'll be back in a couple hours. They never showed up. I had already bought a muffin for my sister and each day that passed, I would sit there with it, hoping one day she would show up."

She waited again for Jollybaker to say something, but since he didn't, she continued.

"I told you, when we first met earlier today, that I haven't seen her in years. That's because I have been pretending to be my sister around others because I didn't want them to know my sister left. And as for that letter, I sent it. I read your sister's diary and found out about you about two months ago. I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to your sister's real letter but you obviously didn't get it."

As soon as she finished, she grabbed her cookies and put her hood back over her head. Right before she opened the door, she looked at Jollybaker.

"You best get some rest. You're going to need it. All ponies, including the pegasi, here in Equestria are different than where you come from, wherever that may be. This time, I leave you for good until you can find a way to get the ponies to trust each other again, and restore magic to Equestria. And I have to tell you, Appleworm will not enter this place anymore. It is too painful for him since my sister left. I hope you do our sisters proud."

And with her last words, she left.
Jollybaker went to bed with Siltstone's story on his mind. He dreamt of when he was little, baking cookies with his sister.