• Published 4th Jan 2023
  • 1,542 Views, 99 Comments

Equestrian Recreation - luigitime22



Ponies of G4 and G5 unite in absolute mayhem and whatever nonsense the writer feels like creating that day.

  • ...
3
 99
 1,542

FlimFlamFurniture

Carrot Top opened the door at the sound of knocking. She was about to ask how she could help them, when she saw it was the Flim Flam Brothers at the door. Before she could even begin speaking, they automatically launched into one of their speeches.

“Hello there, local pony! We couldn’t help but notice that you might be in need of help with your interior!” Flim started.

“You haven’t even been inside my house-” Carrot Top was saying, before Flam cut her off.

“But worry no more, because we are here to solve your problem! We here at the FlimFlamFurniture Company have pledged to help ponies like you get the interior design they deserve!”

“We just purchased a new couch last month, so thank you, but we’re fine-” Carrot Top attempted again.

But alas, by now Flim and Flam had begun singing some sort of song about furniture. Carrot Top just shut the door and went off to find her husband before the song was over.


Carrot Top could hear Flim and Flam launching into their second verse, somehow oblivious to the fact that she had closed the door in their faces, when she poked her head into the study where Written Script was working. “Script, those con ponies are back again,” she said simply. “Could you come help me out with that? I thought maybe a tax-pony might scare them off.”

That got Script’s attention. “Didn’t they roll through town a while ago with a pyramid scheme?” Carrot Top nodded in response. “What’s their angle this time?”

“Furniture company,” Carrot Top answered. “I told them we didn’t need anything, but they ignored me and just started singing again. They’re currently on the second verse.”

Written Script rolled his eyes and got up from his desk where he was writing. “I suppose it’s better than the pyramid scheme, at least.”


Written Script and Carrot Top both poked their heads out the front door just in time for Flim and Flam to finish the third verse. Only to start their fourth. “What are they even singing about?” Script whispered to Carrot Top.

“I think this one’s about interior design methods or something. Either that or color theory? They lost me a few lines ago.”

Fortunately, the song abruptly stopped when Flam noticed Written Script at the door. “Hey, wait a minute! You’re that tax-pony!” he shouted.

“I’m glad you remember,” Script responded with a bit of a dark chuckle. “What brings you here?”

The two brothers could clearly be seen getting a bit worried. “Oh well, you see, we were just out selling some furniture like any good sales ponies do, that’s all,” Flim answered.

“With proper legal channels for the company you made?” Written Script bit back.

“Company? Of course not, this is largely freelance and not-”

“FlimFlamFurniture Company?” Carrot Top countered, silently taking enjoyment from cutting them off for once.

“You did properly have all the right records and documents handled, right?” Script added.

“Um, excuse us for one moment,” Flam said nervously, as he and his brother huddled. Carrot Top and Written Script just watched with noticeable smirks growing.

“Flim you buffoon, I thought you said you scouted out our targets!” Flam whispered.

“I did! I thought this house was safe to sell to,” Flim said in defense.

“Well, you clearly did a poor job, because now we’re stuck dealing with the worst sort of house imaginable! One that has both a tax collector, and a small business owner who runs her stand…” Flam had to gag at the very thought, “LEGALLY!”


“Are you two done yet?” Carrot Top asked. The tone of entertainment was unmistakable in her voice.

“Of course!” Flim responded. “We, after careful consideration, decided to give the both of you a deal that-”

“Do you two have the forms or not?” Script cut in. “We’re not purchasing anything today.”

“Well then,” Flam said. “It appears there’s not much left for us to do here, let’s go Flim!”

“Let’s go, Flam!” his brother said in response.

The two then took off as fast as possible from the Script residence.

“They do know they just ran off in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres, right?” Carrot Top pondered.

“Probably not,” Written Script answered.

After a moment of awkward silence, Carrot Top spoke up again. “Well, that was oddly enjoyable. Now what?”

“Lunch?” Script suggested.

“That sounds good to me,” Carrot Top agreed. “I hear Hayburger is running a special.”

The pair then trotted off to Hayburger, presumably to enjoy whatever that special was they were running at the time.

Flim and Flam were later arrested again for illegally running a business that did not exist and for fraudulent business practices.

Author's Note:

When you get scam bots in your comments section, stuff like this might just come about as a result. Admittedly, I wasn't planning on writing again so soon, but when I saw those bots in my comments this morning, I thought I'd have a little fun. Enjoy this spur of the moment piece. :derpytongue2: