• Published 17th Dec 2022
  • 855 Views, 16 Comments

Spike Drake - Spike DrakeStar9



Justice returns...But stronger than ever and Spike Drake's enemies will know it very well

  • ...
5
 16
 855

Chapter 3: The Equalizer

It is Saturday afternoon in Canterlot and we see our protagonist walking through the streets of the city with his hands in his pockets.

After walking for a while, he arrives at a warehouse and goes inside, waving to everyone who smiles back at him. He stands in the building supplies section looking around the place, until he reaches the back where he sees more workers loading everything to put it on the shelves. It is then that he sees a large man dressed as a local security police officer.

"It seems you gave your effort, and it worked" Spike said with a smile.

"I never would have been able to get to what I am without your help, Spike" The guard there replied.

On the man's license plate is written the name "Ralph Daniels" or as he likes to be called: "Big Mac" he is a very good friend of Spike.

"How have you been, Big?" He asked his friend.

"Very good since you helped me be security here" The older man replied.

"Please, you made the effort" He said humbly.

"Thank you"

"Was nothing"

"Hehe, I remember that the last time you were here, you saved us from some terrorists, using the things from this section" He said with several memories in his mind.

"That was 3 years ago" He replied scratching the back of his neck

"But we're still in your debt" Big Mac insisted.

Sighing but smiling, Spike says "Ok, I'll come here when I need something"

With that last word, he says goodbye to everyone and leaves the store and walks all over the city, going to buy some snacks; helping some other citizen; etc. Until he arrives at a park.

He sits on a bench and sees different children running or playing with each other, being supervised by their parents. This made him remember how lonely he feels... Without wanting to think about it anymore, he gets up and leaves there, going to a Coffee just as it gets dark.

He enters, orders a coffee with some croissants and sits at one of the tables to wait while reading a book by Edgar Allan Poe. In that, the door is heard to open, the boy looks up and sees a girl with light pink and pale purple hair and green eyes.

"Good evening ¿What can I get you?" asked the waitress kindly.

"A coffee would be nice" The girl replied.

The waitress goes to the back and then comes back, telling her she'll be in a bit, so she sits at the counter and waits quietly. But in that he looks sideways to the left and sees Spike reading.

"¿Why are you staring?" Spike asked abruptly, surprising the girl.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you seem familiar to me" He apologized and thought, until he remembered "You're Spike Drake"

"That's right, you must be Anjulie Jones, Scarlett Jones's sister" The green-haired said, taking his eyes off the book and looking at her.

"Yes, the little sister, and if you ask what I'm doing here at this hour: I needed a break, I'm a singer and I just got out of a studio, and please tell me Sweetie Belle" she told Spike.

"Then you must be the pop singer I've been hearing on some of TheFatRat's songs" He told her.

"Wow, thanks for listening to our collaborations hehe..." She thanked.

"Hmmm... Come, sit down" He said to Sweetie suddenly.

"¿What, really?" She asked surprised.

"Something's wrong with you, and I want to help you" Giving her a confident smile, he invited her to sit in front of him.

The girl hesitates for a few seconds, but seeing his smile, he gave her reason to trust him, so she gets up and sits in front of him, letting out a sigh before speaking.

"My manager is an idiot, he only takes advantage of me to get money from me..." She said with a dull tone in his voice.

"¿Did you try to sue him?"

"I tried, but... Last time he threatened me with..." She sighs and continues "Rape me and... Say bad things about me..."

Saying all that, she doesn't hold back and tears start to come out of her beautiful green eyes, Spike sees her embarrassed and hugs her, helping her calm down. After a few seconds of comfort, Sweetie pulls away and wipes her eyes.

"Thank you... Very much"

"It's nothing, when you need help, look for me" He said smiling.

"I will" She assured her.

They keep talking and getting to know each other more while taking what they ordered. After paying and leaving the place, they walk through the dark streets illuminated by headlights. But just then, a car stops next to him and a man in a suit gets out of it and stops in front of him.

"There you are, I've been looking for you everywhere, you have a concert in 5 minutes" Said the man.

"Hey, I understand that you're my manager and all, but I need a breather" Sweetie Belle replied.

"Not now, come right now or you know what I'll do" He threatened giving her an unholy look.

Letting out a sigh, the girl replies "Ok..." Then she looks at Spike and says "I'll be fine, good night"

Then he gets in the car and, before leaving, the manager tells him the following: "If you want to go out with my girl, you need my permission, stranger" His voice was a bit dark, but the green-haired man didn't care.

Saying that, he gets in the car and they drive away, leaving only Spike, who turns his gaze to a serious one and puts on his hood, following the car at a fast pace. After a few blocks, he arrives at "Wonderbolt Stadium". He enters an alley and watches over the couple.

After leaving her there, the man gets back in the car and leaves the place, followed by the young man with green eyes in the shadows. After several turns, he arrives at what appears to be a warehouse, gets out of the car, and goes inside.

"¿What kind of partners do you have?" He thought aloud while heading to the place.

Inside, the man walks past a few boxes and stacks of stuff, then walks through a white tarp and sees 3 other men around a circular table.

"But if it's the same Perci ¿What news do you bring us?" Asked one of the men.

"Sir, I come to tell you that the singer Anjulie is making us good money" Perci replied.

"Great, if he continues he will be the fifth youth star that makes us money" He told everyone smiling.

The others agreed with what was said, thinking about what they could get out of the girl in the future, without realizing that someone heard them from the other side of the canvas.

"¿Would you really do that to a poor girl who is being exploited?"

They all turn around, looking at Spike himself who gives them a death glare, until Perci speaks up "You're the boy that accompanied my girl ¿How did you get in here?"

"It seems that someone didn't like our idea, go away, if you don't want to die" Warned the head of the place, seeing his weapon on the table.

"Ok, this will be like this, it will take me 4 minutes to kill each one of you and leave the place without looking suspicious" He told them while looking at his digital watch on his wrist.

Then he starts, throws a right hand at the first one that is close to him and knocks him down, to then block the attack of the second one who carries a knife, takes it away and sticks it in his stomach; then on the chest and finally on the neck.

Then he quickly turns around and throws the knife at the first one, hitting him in the head and killing him instantly.

He then sees the third man, his new friend's manager, grab the silenced pistol and point it at him, but Spike rolls across the floor, dodging the bullets and landing in front of the guy, then grabbing him and pulling him to a box to the left. and grabbing a small glass, burying it in his eye and going straight for the boss; who steps back, but the green-haired boy grabs a pencil from the desk and approaches.

The boss then stumbles and falls backwards, giving Spike the opportunity to pounce and ram the pencil right into the boss's heart. So he gets up and looks at the clock.

"How ugly, 4 minutes and 10 seconds, and the last one hasn't finished yet" He said to himself when he saw the time and turned around.

Hearing the groans of agony from his latest victim, who is on the ground with the glass still in his left eye, Spike reaches out and grabs the gun Perci dropped when he grabbed him.

"¿Who-Who are you?" The manager asked, terrified by the 17 year old's actions.

"Everybody wants to know that, but who I am doesn't matter, since everyone who asks me ends up dead..." He told her with a dull, serious and dark voice "From what my friend told me, you take the piss out of her money she earns, threatening to rape her if she sues you, and now they were thinking of ruining another girl's life, I don't know, something unheard of... You're doomed" And with those last words, he shoots, killing the last person in the room.

"Well, this doesn't end here, if he took the money from him and brought it here, then the money would be…" He looks around the room until he focuses on a large, semi-open box and walks towards it, opening it to find many wads of bills with a note saying 'Singer's Money' "Bingo" It was said.


3 hours later

Sweetie Belle leaves the stage and goes to her dressing room after giving her fans another night of pure music. Upon entering, she glances at the table and sees several wads of bills stacked next to a note, she grabs said note and opens it:

This is yours

The note said in green, Sweetie puts a hand to her mouth and a tear rolls down her face until it leaves her. Then a smile forms.

"Thanks... Spike" She said to herself silently.

Returning to Spike, he is walking home with a smile, knowing that he did the right thing to help a new friend.

Author's Note:

Well, I'm back here hehe I know it's been a while but I've been kind of busy with school and stuff. I hope you liked this chapter and we'll see you in the next one.
Byeeee 👌