• Published 20th Nov 2022
  • 7,058 Views, 765 Comments

Summoning Equestria: Arrival - NicieLunar



Equestria and the Crystal Empire were teleported to Earth, how will they survive?

  • ...
57
 765
 7,058

Interlude - Unsung hero

"Not all heroes wear capes, some don't wear clothes at all."

-Cringe Twitter user

=///Manehattan, January 10, 2029 AD, 0700 hours\\\=

It was seven o'clock in the morning, the sun was shining and rising from the horizon, ponies and dozens of species in Equestria were starting to wake up from their sleep and get ready to start their day, but among them there is one species, a species that has never been seen in Equestria before, the race that truely implacable, intentelligent, and perhaps far more dangerous than the mighty Dragons, they will brought with them gifts that will create peace and prosperity, and at the same time, a poison that will brought war and destruction, they capable to create beautiful wonders no one can imagine and also horror beyond comprehension, they are the true definition of both Harmony and Chaos.

"GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!!" One of the American marines said aloud as he flying and maneuvering between the Manehattan skyscrapers with his new MF-730C personal jet suits.

𝄑

π„ž One, two, three, four π„ž

π„ž I just want to celebrate another day of livin' π„ž

π„ž I just want to celebrate another day of life π„ž

π„ž I put my faith in the people
But the people let me down π„ž

π„ž So, I turned the other way
And I carry on, anyhow π„ž

π„ž That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah π„ž

π„ž Another day of living, yeah
I just want to celebrate another day of life π„ž

π„ž Had my hand on the dollar bill
And the dollar bill flew away π„ž

π„ž But the sun is shining down on me
And it's here to stay π„ž

π„ž That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah π„ž

π„ž Another day of living, yeah
I just want to celebrate another day of livin' π„ž

π„ž I just want to celebrate another day of lifeee... π„ž

𝄑

Jet suits technology that was introduced to the American military in 2027, at first many doubted the ability and reliability of the technology, but over time both the US Air Force and the US Marines began to adopt the new jet suits and began deploying them on various missions such as anti-piracy in Somalia and search and rescue operations in southeast Asia.

Not everyone in the marines is allowed to use jet suits, especially the military version that uses the SW-9 mini jet engine capable of flying at subsonic speeds, because the last thing the American government wants to happen right now is another Sept-11-Arabs-Style-Kamikaze incident, so they all must be part of the military for over a half of a decade at a minimum and have six months of flight training.

And one of them who a allowed to use this amazing technology is Sergeant James Goodman, he joined the marines in 2015, and has experience being deployed in Iraq, Afghanistan and even Syria, his last deployment before he was sent on a mission to contact aliens that suddenly appeared in the middle of the pacific was 2 weeks ago in Somalia where he participated in a hostage rescue operation from pirates in Indian Ocean.

He and everyone in the military at first initially thought that the sudden appearance of the Alien continent in the middle of the pacific is just another 2020-cringe joke from Twitter degenerate, he never thought all this was real.

But he was apparently wrong because now he and hundreds of other Marines of the US 5th fleet are being deployed to the magical land of Equestria, full of colorful ponies and magic of Friendship.

It took him and others several hours to process everything that had happened, from the fact that his friends living in Hawaii and Oceania might have died and the existence of a demi-god who able to controlling the Sun and Moon.

For now he intends to relax and buy some food for breakfast as Admiral Jordy announces that he has obtained permission from the city mayor to allow all American personnel to travel as far as the rest of the city.

Right now he had at least 25 Equestrian's bits after trading some of his his personal items with the local merchant at the port,
he plans to buy several servings of Hayburger and HayFries from MareDonald for himself and his partners back on the ship.

Just like all of the humans on the ship, they all initially disliked the idea of ​​eating Hays when they were invited to eat together at the Manehattan plaza, but after pony chief Spicy Sight who had experience making dishes for various species back in Equus tried to convince them that his Hays's cooking could be digested by all living things no matter if they are, Herbivore, Omnivore or even Carnivores, so one of the marines decided to become guinea pig and sacrificing himself to try one of the Haysburger.

And to the astonishment of all humans in there he said it tasted almost like minced chicken, then he and all others started to try it themselves and were amazed that Hays's taste was really good, how the ponies managed to turn the agricultural dregs into five star food was still a mystery, but for now they want some more, because the navy MRE (Meals Rejected by Everyone) sure taste like crap.

As he flew over Manehattan version of Wall Street he finally arrived at HayBurger Restaurant! Unlike Burger King or Mc Donalds, this one had a green overall design with white letters and yellow-green upholstery, he could see that the MareDonald's restaurant was starting to fill with ponies intending to buy Hayburger for their breakfast, James then turned off his Jet suits because some ponies in port started complaining that the mini jet's noise disturbed their hearing, he then proceeded to open the door and started to enter the restaurant.

There pony customers and employees there were stunned and some of them were horrified by the appearance of the human, because it's not every day you get to see a 2ft tall bipedal mamal walking in local restaurant while having a breakfast, Before things started to turn south, James then tried to calm the atmosphere by trying to speak the local language and telling everyo-Everypony that he was coming in peace.

This is because a few days ago Equestrian's news outlets like FEX NEWS and ENN were spreading rumors/fake news and portraying humans as flesh-eating monsters who kidnap ponies to turn them into glue, things only got even worse when ponies like Beneigh Shapirough started spouting Anti-Human rhetoric on radio podcasts every single day ever since humans came to Equestria.

James then took a small book from his pocket, the book contains basic translation between human and pony languages ​​that human linguists managed to decode a few days ago, based on their research the language that the ponies speak has similarities between Ancient Latin, Modern-indians, and Ming Dynasty-era Chinese Language, and to make things even better the manual translation process was made much faster with the help of Linguist from Manehattan university.

"Errgh, HellO, my naMe is James, I come in pEacE, i'm here JusT trying tO buy soMe food foR me mY friEnds." said James with very heavy and botched accent

The ponies in the restaurant naturally breathed a sigh of relief to know that the human had not come to the restaurant with ill intentions, but even so, some ponies were still skeptical with him, especially the Earth-Pony mare with Karen-Style short hair sitting at a table by the window.

Seeing that he had relieved the atmosphere, James then started walking to the nearest restaurant cashier service to order his food.

He was then greeted by a white coat Pegasus mare with a Blue-Sky mane who was a waiter at the restaurant, he could see that other other employees decided to put her here exactly when he arrived in the restaurant, he predict this because they are still really afraid of interacting with humans, he also could see from her eyes that the pony was really nervous and scared, he didn't blame her for that, looking at tall and muscular alien who has a body that has twice the height of her really able to make everyone nervous.

"eeRrhhh,..H-hello Mr. hyoo-man...what can i h-help you?.." The terrified mare asked.

"Can i geT a five large poRtions oF HaysbuRger and five laRge cup oF HaysriEs?, and alSo don't foRget the fiVe large cup of soDAs." James said in very heavy and botched accent.

"O-oh sure Mr hyoo-man, t-that will be 20 bits..." the mare answerd

"Sure, and pleAse, just call mE James." He said firmly.

James then took small bag from his backpack where he kept his money, as he was unable to fit his Equestrian's Gold coins into his wallet as it was designed designed to hold paper money and not a stack of 3x3mm gold coins.

After he finished paying the employee the money all he needed to do was wait for them to finish cooking the food, because of how much food he ordered he suspected it would take a long time, so James decided to sit at the restaurant's dining table and playing mobile game in his personal cellphone such as Candy Crush and Genshin Impact while waiting for the food to be ready.

While the American marine was busy with his cellphone, the situation in the restaurant began to return to relax and all the customers started to enjoy their food again.

Everything seem completely normal until-...

*SLAMP* *SMACK*

Suddenly a grup of armed griffons with machetes and spears suddenly invaded the poor restaurant and started making a mess of everything they see.

"Alright you pony weeklings, put your hoofs in the air and put all your valuable on the table now!!!" said by one of armed Griffon

All the ponies and the restaurant employees naturally screamed and started to panic, some of them tried to leave the restaurant and left their half finished food behind, but sadly for them the griffons is having none of it, everypony who tried to escape the restaurant they got nasty stab wounds and slashes by the machete-armed griffons.

Out of reflex James then naturally took out his good old M4A5 Assault rifle and aimed it at the griffons, this kind of situation reminds him of an hostages incident that happened in the City of Qandahar Afghanistan nearly a decade ago when he was trying to buy a pack of kebap at a local restaurant.

And of course the griffons quickly realized the presence of a human who ignored the threat, he and other griffons then started to move their gazes and aim their machete to James and started threatening him too.

"You!, put your-..erhh.. grasping appendage in the air and give me all your money, NOW!!" the Griffons said

"Ahh hell no, I baRtered my fuCkiNg tootHbrush and toothpAste to get it, I will nOt give my money to muTated bipdal chiCkenS like you!" James answered.

"You dare insult me ​​you hairless monkey?!, I will cut your blasted tongue and teach you some respect!!"

The said Griffon and several others in the grup then started charging towards James with their machetes and spear, but before they could get close to him a multiple high pitch explosion sounded through out the restaurant room which made the ponies there cover their ears in fear.

RA-A-TAT-AT-RA-TAT-TATAT-TA-A-TATA...

RRA-TAT-TA-RA-TAT-TA-RA-TATA...

EEEEEERRRRAAAAAAHHHHHH....

The moment the sound stopped the ponies found all the robber griffons lying on the floor covered in blood, many of them had their organs and heads shattered as 5.56mm bullet brust through thier stomach and skull, their brain matter scattered on the floor and walls of the restaurant, even though many them died instantly by the gun shot, some of them were still alive and suffering excruciating pain as they watched their blood began to leak out of their furry bodies.

All the ponies in the room froze in fear in their seats and dumbfounded by what they saw, their jaws opened wide and some of them regurgitated their breakfast just by seeing the brutality made by the human. meanwhile, James took his old empty magazine and replaced it with new ones.

"Shit, now i lost my appetite..." James muttered.

The silence at the restaurant abruptly came to a end as the multiple MPD (Manehattan Police Department) officer began breaking into the restaurant upon hearing the report there is a robberies and sound of multiple explosions from the restaurant.

They were all horrified by what they found, 8 griffons were dead and 3 others were critically/mortally injured, they turned their eyes to James who was still standing there with his M4A5 in his hand, he at first hoping he could still can grab his food and get the hell out of there before the authorities arrived, but it seemed luck wasn't on his side today.

Meanwhile, as the police officers started walking towards him with handcuffs, James then let out a sigh of disappointment because he knew that not only he would suffered a lot of a trouble today because the his superior would basically chew him alive for killing someone or 'somegriffon' in a foreign land without authorization but also the fact that he would not able get the food for his friends in time.

at least this was an act of self-defense and not an abuse of gun so he was confident that the navy would be able to get him released and avoid prison time, He would rather die than spend years in prison of this goofy ass Rainbow Pony Land.

But unfortunately for James and all the humans in Equestrian's expedition fleet this would not be the first nor the last time they would suffer trouble while visiting Equestria.