• Published 17th Nov 2022
  • 589 Views, 10 Comments

The Alphabet of Starlight and Twilight - Starlight Fan



This is just a bunch of one shots with each letter representing Twilight and Starlight

  • ...
5
 10
 589

A: Accident

Author's Note:

Summary: After Starlight suffers an injury from the bugbear, Twilight goes to visit her and pours her heart out to an unconscious Starlight.

Twilight patiently tapped her hoof on the armrest of the hospital chair, waiting for the news on how Starlight was doing.

Apparently a bugbear had gotten into Ponyville again, and Starlight just happened to run into it while she had been running errands. She fought it off as well as she could with her magic and while it was scared off, it had stung her in the side.

Twilight was really concerned about Starlight’s state, a sting from a bugbear was different from a bee after all. She might be too weak to move after what the bear did to her. Oh why hadn’t she been there? Especially since there had been rumors of a bugbear being in the Everfree Forest.

If I had been there, maybe Starlight wouldn’t be so heavily injured. Oh Celestia, why didn’t I listen to the rumors?

Twilight hated feeling like this, she was Starlight’s girlfriend, she was supposed to make sure she was safe but instead, she was stuck in a hospital room with a sting wound from a bugbear because of her carelessness.

Soon Nurse Redheart had walked over to Twilight and said, “Um, your majesty. You can see Starlight Glimmer now.”

Twilight sighed in relief and soon got up, she and Redheart began walking to the hospital room and soon she found Starlight unconscious in the hospital bed.

“She’s not dead is she?” Twilight gulped nervously and sweated with fear, if Starlight was dead she would never be the same.

“No. She’s very much alive. She’s just unconscious.” Nurse Redheart clarified.

“I see.” Twilight said, “May I have a moment with her?”

“I don’t know why you’d want to stick around with her being unconscious but I won’t stop you.” Nurse Redheart shrugged before walking out and soon Twilight walked over to Starlight, and observed her situation, she was alive like Nurse Redheart said due to her chest going up and down though she seemed so peaceful under the covers, her eyes were closed softly and she was peacefully breathing in and out. Though that still didn’t deter from the fact that there was likely a cast around her.

“Hey Starlight.” Twilight said softly before sighing, “I know you probably can’t hear me since you’re… unconscious and all but I need to say this. Starlight, I’m sorry. I feel like a failure for not being there at a time when you needed me. I heard there was a bugbear lurking but I thought those were just rumors. I had no idea, it would actually attack Ponyville.”

You were really brave to stop it on your own.” Twilight smiled fondly, “That’s one of the things I like about you, y’know. You’re willing to face the challenge even if it seems hard. I’ll admit, you sometimes act on impulse, but you never give up on what’s right. That’s what led you to help save Equestria twice.”

“You know, I… still sometimes feel guilty about how I treated you when we brought back Starswirl and the Pillars back. I don’t regret bringing them back, but… I wasn’t fair to you. I never listened to your input, only listening to Starswirl despite you pointing out some valid arguments.” Twilight said guiltily, “Why am I bringing this up? Well… I’m feeling that same guilt again. I wasn’t there to protect you, and now you’re here.”

She then tears up, “And I love you Starlight, I don’t want the pony I care about to be holed up in this room. This is all my fault.”

“No it’s not.” Starlight muttered as she opened her eyes slowly and faced Twilight much to her shock.

“How much of my rant did you hear?” Twilight asked.

“Every word.” Starlight smiled, “I figured it’d be easier for you to let your feelings out without interruption so I let you do that.”

“I’m glad to see you’re alive. Bugbear stings, while not likely, can lead to death if stung too deep.” Twilight smiled back before sighing, “Again, I’m…”

“Stop.” Starlight told the alicorn sternly, “You did nothing wrong Twilight. I didn’t know the bugbear was around either until today. We couldn’t have known this would happen, yes, there were the rumors but those were small and too far and few in between.”

“But Starlight, I should have…” Twilight began before Starlight interrupted, “No Twilight, none of this is your fault. If anything, had you been there. You could have been hurt too. We have no way of knowing what could’ve happened.”

Twilight looked at Starlight in shock at how stern she was being, before Starlight gave Twilight a softer gaze, “Besides, you aren’t a failure. After all, you managed to defeat Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, Tirek, and The Storm King and kept Equestria at peace. You were able to ascend to becoming an alicorn and heck, you managed to change my life for the better.”

Twilight smiled with a blush, she did do that, didn’t she?

“I fell for you because you’re sweet, kind, passionate, and the fact you’re just a great pony in general.” Starlight smiled warmly, “Twilight… I love you and I don’t want you to get upset with yourself over this.”

Twilight smiled tearfully and spoke up, “Thank you Starlight. I needed to hear that.”

“Hey. You’re always there for me, it’s time I do the same thing.” Starlight smiled as she leaned into her pillow.

“Uh Princess.” Nurse Redheart said nervously to which Twilight turned to, “It’s time for you to go. A blue unicorn is waiting to visit your friend now.”

“Ah, Trixie came sooner than I thought.” Twilight smiled sheepishly, “I’ll see you later Starlight.”

“You too.” Starlight waved to Twilight as she walked off.

Twilight felt a lot better coming out of that room then she did earlier, even though Starlight was not fully healed by the sting yet, she at least felt some reassurance that Starlight would be okay, and some reassurance in herself that things between her and Starlight would work just fine.