• Published 17th Nov 2022
  • 590 Views, 10 Comments

The Alphabet of Starlight and Twilight - Starlight Fan



This is just a bunch of one shots with each letter representing Twilight and Starlight

  • ...
5
 10
 590

E: Eternal

Author's Note:

Summary: Despite the fact Twilight’s jealousy of Trixie’s friendship with Starlight was getting to her, Starlight reassures her that despite everything, they’ll always have their love.

Spike sighed as he read one of his comics, Starlight seemed to be out for the day with Trixie, and Twilight was currently doing something so overall, it seemed like it would be an average day.

Suddenly Starlight walked inside with an annoyed look on her face and groaned, “I cannot believe you Twilight!”

Twilight soon flew in and spoke with a guilty frown, “Okay. I can see where I may have crossed a line…”

“Crossed a line?! You were spying on me all day!” Starlight said incredulously, Spike immediately shut his book in annoyance, what did Twilight do now?

“Okay. What’s going on here you two?!” Spike asked angrily.

“Sorry to disturb you like this Spike, but Twilight here is so possessive that she feels the need to spy on me and Trixie while we’re hanging out.” Starlight narrowed her eyes in the alicorn’s direction.

“Only because she was starting to make me feel uneasy. She’s kind of clingy when it comes to you y’know.” Twilight twiddled her hooves nervously.

“She’s my best friend Twilight, of course she’ll want to see me often.” Starlight facehoofed in annoyance.

“I know I know. I just feel that sometimes she’s always trying to spite me somehow, you’re somepony valuable to me, and I think she sneaks some glances at you and… I don’t know… I just don’t want her to take you away from me.” Twilight said softly.

“And you don’t trust me to not cheat on you?” Starlight asked incredulously, still annoyed about the accusation.

“What?! No! I trust you Starlight, I just…” Twilight said in shock before Starlight interrupted, “No. You don’t trust me OR Trixie. Even if she did have these supposed feelings for me, she wouldn’t act on them. She has too much dignity for that.”

Starlight soon lit up her horn, “I’ll be in my room. Don’t follow me!” She said sternly before she teleported away and out of sight.

“Whoa. That was heavy.” Spike stared wide eyed in shock.

Twilight’s lip trembled before she laid herself on the floor, “Ugh. Way to go Twilight.” She grumbled to herself.

Spike sighed before speaking up, “Twilight, you know I care about you but what were you thinking?! Why did you think it was a good idea to spy on Starlight?!”

“I don’t know Spike.” Twilight said sadly, “I just had this gut feeling that Trixie and Starlight could just have more than a simple friendship and… I’m afraid I’ll lose Starlight to Trixie.”

“But Twilight, Starlight’s loyal. So loyal that she could give Rainbow Dash a run for her bits.” Spike told Twilight reassuringly.

“It’s not that I’m afraid of her cheating Spike. I just fear losing her in general so when I thought there was tension between her and Trixie… I lost it.” Twilight facehoofed.

“I understand where you’re coming from Twilight.” Spike patted the alicorn on her back, “But Starlight’s clearly upset with what you did. You need to talk this out with her.”

“Please. After what I did, I doubt she even wants me anymore.” Twilight sniffed.

“Look Twilight, you can’t just give up on what you have with Starlight. I know she’s upset but I doubt she doesn’t care about you anymore. Just please go talk to her.” Spike told the alicorn who sighed and smiled, “Okay. You’re right. I need to talk with her.”


Starlight just laid on her bed in contemplation, she didn’t know what to do. She loved Twilight, that was a fact but she couldn’t get over Twilight spying on her like that.

She was just unsure if Twilight had any trust in her.

Soon Starlight heard a knock on the door and sighed, “Who is it?”

“Starlight. It’s Twilight. Can I come in?” Twilight asked awkwardly.

Starlight sighed, she might as well talk this out with her. With a quick telekinesis spell, the door was open and Twilight entered with a remorseful look on her face.

“I know you said not to follow you, but I feel we need to talk about what I did.” Twilight told the unicorn sadly.

“I guess we do.” Starlight said as she rose from her bed before speaking, “Twilight. Why did you spy on me? I know it wasn’t out of malice but you really hurt me. It feels like you didn’t trust me to not be loyal to you.”

“I do trust you Starlight. That wasn’t my problem.” Twilight said as she wrapped a wing around Starlight, “Well what was it Twilight?” She asked a bit annoyed.

“It was… I never felt this way about anypony before.” Twilight sighed as she spoke.

“Huh?” Starlight raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, I’ve had crushes like Flash before, but what we have is different.” Twilight explained, “You and I understand each other, I actually feel more than just butterflies when I’m around you. I actually know what it’s like to love. It felt wonderful, you make me feel wonderful, and I didn’t want it taken away.”

“Aw Twilight…” Starlight said sympathetically.

“So when I thought things were brewing between you and Trixie, I wanted reassurance. I wanted to know that things between us wouldn’t fall apart. Instead I caused us to fall apart.” Twilight teared up.

Starlight immediately embraced Twilight and began to speak, “No. you didn’t cause us to fall apart.”

“What?” Twilight asked in shock, “But I spied on you. I acted overly clingy.”

“Look, what you did was wrong, and you should not have done it but I won’t lie. I can understand what you were going through.” Starlight told Twilight softly, “But just know Twilight, you’re not losing me. Even if I somehow have any silly attractions, they won’t mean anything compared to what I feel for you Twilight.”

“Trust me. What we have is basically eternal.” Starlight said happily to Twilight who smiled back.