• Published 17th Nov 2022
  • 590 Views, 10 Comments

The Alphabet of Starlight and Twilight - Starlight Fan



This is just a bunch of one shots with each letter representing Twilight and Starlight

  • ...
5
 10
 590

F: Fear

Author's Note:

Summary: Starlight’s all alone in the castle during a thunderstorm. One problem though… she’s afraid of storms.

Starlight prided herself on being strong. After all, it was her favorite quality about herself. Being strong meant that she didn’t need to feel weak and she hated being weak.

So why did this thunderstorm make her feel the weakest of all?

Starlight’s only told Twilight and Spike this but she was afraid of thunderstorms. It’s been that way since she was a child. She always found the storms dangerous, especially the lightning bolts. Why did these storms even need to exist? Especially since pegasi could control the weather.

Probably for balance or something, Starlight was starting to curse herself more and more for her twisted ideologies on equality more and more.

Was fate playing a cruel joke on her? Taunting her with thunderclaps and lightning strikes? Testing what little safety she had?

She was mostly able to get through this type of ordeal when Twilight and Spike were around but now Spike was asleep and Starlight felt it would be rude to wake him and Twilight was off doing some royal business at Canterlot.

Oh how she loved Twilight, but given she was out so late in this kind of storm made her panicked.

Starlight was aware storms in Equestria were contained pretty well all things considered but there are some moments where the storm could lose control and cause a major disaster. She worried that Twilight could potentially be hurt in the storm.

Starlight began to pale, what if Twilight had decided to fly too high when returning from her meeting with Celestia and suddenly a strike of lightning flew and…

No! That wouldn’t happen, Twilight’s smart. She’d know not to do that, if anything she would take a train instead.

Although… the lightning could also strike one of the train wheels, the conductor could lose control and the train would…

Starlight shook her head quickly in an attempt to get the nasty thought out of her head. She could not let this… foolishness consume her.

“Maybe I should go to sleep.” Starlight chuckled as she made her way towards her room and immediately plopped onto her bed.

“I’m worrying about nothing.” Starlight reassured herself, “Sure storms can be… dangerous, but Twilight will be fine. She’s smart, she’s capable. No bad weather is gonna change that.”

She’s safe, she’s safe, she’s safe, she’s safe, she’s safe.

She repeated that mantra as she let her eyes flutter down and close.


Starlight suddenly found herself in a rainy field, and seemed confused.

“Where am I?” Starlight asked curiously.

Suddenly lightning began to strike around her causing her to scream fearfully and run off.

What was happening? Why was she in this situation? Where was she?!

Suddenly she saw Twilight flying in the distance and immediately called out, “Twilight!”

When Twilight turned over to Starlight, a lightning bolt began to fly towards the alicorn much to Starlight’s horror.

“Look out!” Starlight called out in desperation but it was too late, the lightning began to head towards Twilight and…

Starlight soon woke up with a start and began panting and breathing heavily before letting herself calm down, she then realized that she was still in her room.

“That means I didn’t actually see Twilight get blasted by lightning.” Starlight sighed with a smile, “Thank Celestia.”

Starlight then felt the familiar dread haunt her as more thunder was heard.

“Maybe… I should go check if Twilight’s back yet.” Starlight decided fearfully.

Starlight slowly began walking to the entrance and nervously tapped her hoof on the ground, was Twilight okay? Did she make it out of the storm safely? Was her nightmare coming true?!

Soon the castle door opened and Twilight soon panted as she walked inside and shook herself dry and groaned, “Man. The rain is absolutely dreadful.”

“YOU’RE HOME!” Starlight practically galloped on top of Starlight and embraced her tightly, “Oh I’m so glad you’re okay! That storm seemed terrible and I was so worried!”

“Starlight… personal bubble…” Twilight squeaked out which caused Starlight to chuckle sheepishly as she let her go and backed away.

“Sorry.” Starlight rubbed her hoof awkwardly, “Got a little carried away.”

“Fair enough.” Twilight chuckled in good faith before giving a serious and concerned look, “Starlight? Was your fear of storms acting up again?”

“Yes.” Starlight looked away in shame, her fear may have subsided but now she feels embarrassed. She was getting this scared over a bunch of rumbling, “This is pathetic isn’t it?”

“Starlight, you don’t have to be ashamed of this.” Twilight reassured her girlfriend, “Being afraid of storms is completely justified. They can be dangerous.”

“But it’s never gotten this bad before.” Starlight said sadly, “Even as a kid, I wasn’t this jumpy and scared and back at my village I was able to contain my fear.”

“Can I ask if there was anything different about this time there was a storm?” Twilight asked curiously.

“Well… the big difference was that you weren’t here and in a storm. I guess now that I have somepony I love so much, I didn’t want my biggest fear taking them away from me.” Starlight admits as she rubbed her hoof.

Twilight embraced Starlight comfortingly, “Hey, it’s okay. I can’t say that a storm won’t hurt me, but I can say that it’s best to hold onto hope instead of assuming the worst.”

“I guess that’s a good idea.” Starlight smiled as she leaned into Twilight’s shoulder.

“Besides, I’m here now.” Twilight reminded the unicorn.

“And that’s all I care about right now.” Starlight added fondly.