• Published 20th Feb 2023
  • 191 Views, 9 Comments

Lost - MLPTMNTPegasister



When an unknown threat wreaks havoc in Equestria, Sundown Sparkle must do the impossible and save his kingdom from total destruction with his family.

  • ...
 9
 191

Chapter 9: The Rhymes

Sundown trotted confidently through the last part of the Everfree Forest. He now not only had his also confident family by his side, but he had Zach, a zebra able to understand strange, powerful magic and could mix potions in a flick of a pony tail. Sundown slowed down his pace into a halt, stopping abruptly at the foot of a mountain.

Zach walked up to be by his side. "We are near to what you're looking for," he rhymed. "But first, we need to cross the Icy Mountains before getting to the orchard."

"I don't know about this," Elusive whined, wringing rain and mud out of his mane. "Those mountains look pretty tall."

"When it comes to heights, Elusive acts like a filly." Scarlett told Sundown. "He goes out of his mind on the way up."

"I DO NOT!" Elusive yelled. "I am merely concerned for my family's safety."

"Then why were you crying when we went on a roller-coaster at Wild Pony Island?" Scarlett smirked.

"Because Mom wouldn't buy me cotton-candy." Elusive muttered, following the group up the mountains.

"Zach," Sundown said to the zebra as they were halfway up the first mountain. "How much do you know about the Icy Mountains?"

"I know I've heard scary tales," Zach replied. "But my mother, Zecora, climbed them many times without fail. All the times I've heard them, they say the mountains consist of three. But that didn't do much to scare me. Every mountain is home to one creature, and they all are friendship teachers. Some creatures bite, some sting. Some merely don't do anything. Even Zecora felt times of woe, but she knew she had to go. We must follow her hoofsteps and climb, though the creatures will deal us a hard time. In a valley lay the Sticks, but crossing these mountains is like breaking bricks. I plead for you to watch your step, because falling into the creatures' nests would need a lot of prep. Underneath our hooves these creatures lie, waiting for somepony to fall so they can help the pony die."

Author's Note:

This is a tiny prologue of what is to come for the group. :raritywink:
--by Zach :moustache: