• Published 20th Feb 2023
  • 191 Views, 9 Comments

Lost - MLPTMNTPegasister



When an unknown threat wreaks havoc in Equestria, Sundown Sparkle must do the impossible and save his kingdom from total destruction with his family.

  • ...
 9
 191

Prologue: Unlocked Chains

The weeping sorrow of the Edge Equestria dungeons splattered on the guard's muzzle. The guard, Locked Metal, gently shook his head to let the cold drip go away. He could sense excitement was on his to-do list, and he was ready. It was his talent to be ready for excitement, that is why Solana hired him after all. The way he could guard his little brother's room while he was sleeping without even blinking was an unimaginable power.
Locky, as he was called, heard a slight rustle behind him. He thought about it, but concluded that he was imagining the sounds. Locky knew that the cell he was guarding was so high-tech that no pony, or no creature, had ever escaped the prison. It was impossible, or so he thought. The rustles grew louder, then started to turn into groans and grunts, and whatever was locked up began to move. Locky turned around, and the "thing" began to growl. Its white tar eyes stared deeply into Locked Metal's eyes. The guard stood up straight and started to use his magical communicator.

"Section 46, Locked Metal here. I have an awakened prisoner down here. Sending this jail hawk's coordinates now.." he said. The communicator beeped as its owner settled.
The Unicorn guard took a deep breath and said, "Well, buddy. Seems like you may be hungry after being locked up for a thousand years. Just one of those times, eh? Well, let me tell you, it isn't any fun for me either. I love guarding other ponies and creatures, mind you. I just wish I could have daily meals and drink water like everypony should. My tummy is aching for some pizza and beer, so don't think you have a hard life, okay? We're both in this together." The creature growled in response, and more guards opened the doors to give both of them meals. The heavy metal doors squeaked with pain as they were opened, but the guards paid no attention. One of them, a Pegasus, dropped slop through a tiny hole in the top of the cell. The hole was constructed to be so small that no dark forces or creatures could escape through it. It was the size of a needle tip. After the guards left, Locked Metal looked at his prisoner again.

"Well, buddy. Maybe you should enter the dream realm now, eh? It's in your blood to enter realms, I know it. May Lunar save you from nightmares." The creature replied with a soft groan and settled back into its normal black puddle form.
A few hours later, Locked Metal awoke, seeing that he had fallen asleep himself, and he looked to see that the cell he was guarding had been opened. "Section 46, we have a problem," he shivered. "I failed..to do my duty."

Author's Note:

My story, Lost, is going to have very short chapters, so there's going to be a lot of them. Please tell me what you think!
(Oh, and I'm new, so can somepony please tell me how to get the emojis on?)