• Published 9th Nov 2022
  • 1,218 Views, 6 Comments

Fillies of the Night - Drunk Luna



Drunk Luna’s first story! A look into the lives of Luna’s two fillies

  • ...
4
 6
 1,218

Big Changes

"I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER!" Luna shouted excitedly in her royal Canterlot voice. "Oh, Neoma, you have no idea how badly I needed to hear this news! How are you feeling? Do you need anything?"

"I just found out, Mom," Neoma said, laughing as Luna hugged her. "I literally just told Silver." She felt a twinge of sadness in her stomach as she remembered that Silver would have to leave for battle in just a few hours. "Physically, I feel fine," she told Luna. "Emotionally, I feel... cracked. This should be one of the happiest moments of my life, but knowing that my husband may never get to meet his foal just breaks me." She cursed herself for what she had just said; Neoma had sworn she wouldn't allow the words to leave her mouth, because in her mind that would mean the possibility of Silver's death was real, and that was a possibility she refused to accept.

The next morning at the airport, Neoma felt as if the ground was slowly crumbling beneath her. Next to her, Summer and Arrow embraced, rockling back and forth in each other's arms as Summer sobbed.

"I'll write to you as soon as I've gotten settled. Promise me you'll be strong for me, and for our foal, and that you'll look after my parents," Silver said to Neoma, who nodded. "You are so much stronger than you think you are, Neoma. I love you because of your strength."

"What are you doing?" Neoma asked, giggling as Silver knelt in front of her, put his hooves on either side of her still-flat belly, and kissed it softly.

"Hi, little one, I'm your daddy," he said. Neoma felt tears begin to prick at her eyes as she watched him.

"Your mommy and I already love you so much," Silver continued, gently rubbing his wife's belly. "Keep growing big and strong in there for us, okay? Daddy has to go away for a little while to get some bad guys, but I'll be back really soon. Don't give Mommy too much trouble while I'm gone. I can't wait to meet you!" He smiled and kissed Neoma’s belly again, then stood and kissed Neoma tenderly. "I love you so very much," he whispered.

"I love you, too," Neoma said. "I'll ask Mom to visit your dreams and make sure you're ok." He nodded, gave her one last kiss, and started towards his gate, stopping for a few seconds to wait for Arrow. Then, before Neoma knew it, they were both gone.

A week passed, and then a letter arrived for Neoma. She eagerly ripped the envelope open and read :

My dearest Neoma,

It's so dark and depressing here. It's ridiculously hot, and we're in the middle of the desert, so there's nothing but sand everywhere. My only consolation is the knowledge that you will read this letter, my darling one. I miss the warmth of your body against mine on cold nights like this one; I have found myself reaching for you so many times every night that I firmly believe it's part of my muscle memory now. I miss feeling you breathe as you sleep. I miss holding you close to me. I miss our deep conversations in the middle of the night. I miss the sweetness of your scent, the softness of your coat, the gentleness of your kiss, the comfort of your voice. I miss your laugh. Oh, what I would do to be able to hear you laugh right now, sweetheart. We're about to start preparing for a mission, so I need to head out. I miss you more than words can express, Neoma.

With all my love,

your Silver Shield

Neoma cried softly as she finished reading. Her husband was all right, and the relief overwhelmed her. Everything would work out wonderfully.