• Published 9th Nov 2022
  • 1,218 Views, 6 Comments

Fillies of the Night - Drunk Luna



Drunk Luna’s first story! A look into the lives of Luna’s two fillies

  • ...
4
 6
 1,218

The Coronation Ball

That night, after the ceremony, all of Canterlot's high society descended on the castle for Neoma’s coronation ball. Up in Neoma’s bedchamber, Luna helped Neoma change into her evening gown for the party. Designed by Rarity, it was a white off-the-shoulder ball gown with a full organza skirt, every layer of which had been painstakingly flecked with iridescent blue, pink, and silver sparkles to give it the look of a moonstone. Rarity had also given the dress a sweep train, which added to its dramatic effect. Neoma’s long, multicolored mane had been done up into a half-up, half-down style so that her mane fell in loose curls around her shoulders, and her tiara was pinned securely in place atop her head. She wore no other jewelry, as she and Rarity had agreed that the dress and tiara complemented each other perfectly, and anything else would be too much.

“You look lovely, sweetie,” Luna said as she magically zipped up Neoma’s dress. “I’m so proud of you, Neoma.” She gently kissed her daughter’s cheek and hurried downstairs just as the doorbell rang.

"Hey, Neoma," Cassie called, bursting through Neoma’s bedroom door. "Silver's here, so you better hurry down!" Oh, sweet Celestia. Neoma’s heart began to pound as she examined herself in the mirror for a final time. She really couldn't care less about any of the royals or heads of state who had come for the coronation; there was only one pony whose opinion truly mattered to her. She walked out of her room and peered down at the foyer. Silver stood at the bottom of the stairs talking to Luna, looking devastatingly handsome in his captain's dress uniform. He stopped mid-sentence when he caught sight of Neoma. After exchanging a smile with her mother, who beamed with pride and shed a few tears at her daughter's beauty, Neoma lowered herself into a deep, elegant curtsy to Luna, then rose and turned her attention to Silver, whose eyes widened as she paused at the top of the long, winding staircase. Slowly and gracefully, she descended the stairs. The room was silent except for the soft click of her hooves on the glossy white marble floor and the sound of her dress rustling gently with each step she took. Silver was so awestruck by how incredible she looked that he almost forgot to stand at attention and salute.

"Neo--Your Royal Highness," Silver stuttered, bowing and leaning in close to her. "You look so beautiful," he whispered in her ear. His lips brushed against hers, and she blushed furiously. Everything faded out of focus for a few seconds, but she quickly regained her composure, and a guard announced their presence.

"Her Majesty The Princess of the Night, His Royal Highness The Prince Phoebus, and Her Royal Highness The Princess Cassiopeia!" the guard called. The double doors of the ballroom opened, Neoma’s parents and sister made their entrance, then the doors closed again.

"You know, I've been meaning to give you an actual kiss for a while now," Silver whispered, leaning close to Neoma.

"Well, I've been waiting for you to give me an actual kiss for a while now," Neoma replied, giggling. Silver leaned in and gently pressed his lips to hers. His kiss tasted sweet, like the candy he used to share with her on Nightmare Night. Neoma moaned softly, allowing the kiss to linger before her name was called.

"Her Royal Highness The Princess of the Northern Lights!" Neoma glanced over her shoulder at Silver a final time, then entered the ballroom. After passing through the double doors, she bent in another deep curtsy to her mother and Celestia, then slowly walked down the stairs. The ballroom was silent until she reached the bottom of the stairs, then the music started and everypony started to dance. The formalities were over, and now it was time to party.