• Published 9th Nov 2022
  • 1,218 Views, 6 Comments

Fillies of the Night - Drunk Luna



Drunk Luna’s first story! A look into the lives of Luna’s two fillies

  • ...
4
 6
 1,218

Splish Splash

Author's Note:

WARNING: CUTENESS OVERLOAD. Obligatory song link here: https://youtu.be/QSA-yHzkvP8

The next morning, Luna lowered the moon and went back to sleep until early afternoon, when she was awakened by Neoma’s cries.

"I'll get her, honey," Phoebus offered. "You had a hard day yesterday, and you need to rest."

"No." Luna shook her head. "I'm her mother, so I need to go get her."

"You've been hogging her since she was born, and you're probably pretty sore, aren't you?" Phoebus said. "Let me take care of her." He started to get up, but Luna stopped him.

"I have not gotten to change her yet," she protested, "and she is due for a feeding anyway. Oh, and another thing: I have decided that I am not going to use any magic to take care of her. I want to be as hooves-on as possible." Before Phoebus could object, Luna trotted into the nursery. Her husband groaned and went back to sleep.

"Hello, little Neoma. Shhhh, it's alright, sweetie. Mommy's right here," she cooed, picking up the foal and cuddling her close. Her diaper was heavy. Luna took the filly to the changing table and grabbed a new diaper. She quickly discarded Neoma’s wet diaper, wiped her clean, and put on her new diaper.

"There we go, good as new," Luna said proudly, leaning down to blow raspberries on Neoma’s tummy, then gently squeezing the foal’s chubby little legs. Neoma giggled as Luna tossed her wet onesie into the hamper and dressed her in a new one. "I bet you're hungry, aren't you, sweetie?" Luna sat down in the rocking chair and offered her teat, and Neoma started to nurse. I was born to be a mother, Luna thought as she watched her tiny daughter eat.

A few days later, Luna and Phoebus threw a party to introduce their daughter to extended family and close friends. Celestia, Sombra, and Summer arrived with Cadance, Shining Armor, Flurry Heart, and Princess Twilight Sparkle, along with Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy.

"Aunt Luna!" Cadance said, trotting into the nursery. She curtsied, hugged her aunt, and peered down at Neoma, who was napping in her bassinet. She was closely followed by Twilight. "Congratulations, she's adorable! How are you feeling?"

"Tired, but we have never been happier," Luna replied. "We can't believe this little filly is ours!" Phoebus kissed his wife's cheek and beamed proudly at Neoma.

"I wonder what kind of powers she'll have," Twilight said. "The only other naturally-born alicorn is Flurry Heart."

"We are not sure," Luna said, "but she will learn how to be a princess from the best teachers." Twilight grinned, and Neoma stirred, stretching and whimpering. She opened her eyes and made the cutest little crying noise. Luna's heart melted, but at the same time a horrible smell wafted up from Neoma’s cradle. When she looked in, Luna could see that Neoma’s pink and yellow onesie was covered in poop.

"Oops, baby's first blowout! We will be right back," Luna said, carrying Neoma upstairs to the nursery. She lay the foal down on the changing table and unsnapped Neoma’s onesie. Poop was all over her little body. Luna cleaned the foal up as best she could, but there was still poop in Neoma’s tail, on her back, all the way up to her mane, and all over her wings.

"Looks like it’s time for your very first bath, cutie pie,” Luna told Neoma, trotting to the bathroom and starting to run the bath. The “tub” was actually a huge, sloping marble pool with a shallow end and a deep end. As soon as the water was lukewarm, Luna stepped into the water, then placed Neoma into the pool with her and wet her body all over. Then, she took a new bottle of berry-scented foal shampoo and lathered it all over Neoma’s body. Neoma looked up at her mother with a bewildered expression on her face, but when she saw the bubbles, she gave Luna a big smile and gurgled at her, kicking, splashing, and waving her hooves excitedly as she tried to play with the bubbles.

"There's my little princess' smile," Luna cooed. "Want some more bubbles?" She scrubbed Neoma’s tummy, making her giggle. "Oh, does that tickle? I can do even better than that, watch this!" She lowered her head and blew raspberries on the foal's tummy, and Neoma squealed with laughter. "Okay, here comes the rinse!" Luna scooped some of the water into a cup and gently poured it over Neoma. The filly giggled loudly and kicked at the water with her front hooves, splashing Luna and soaking her mane. Before Neoma’s birth, Luna would have panicked and ordered a servant to bring her a towel, as she had once done while babysitting, but now she could only laugh and smile as she gently splashed her daughter back and started to sing a stupid song about splish-splashing and taking a bath on a Saturday night while a party happened outside. She took the washcloth, put some more shampoo on it, scrubbed the foal’s wings and back, then poured some shampoo on Neoma’s head and began to work it through her long, thick mane. Neoma gurgled and leaned into her mother’s touch.

“Does that feel good, precious?” Luna cooed to her filly as she scrubbed. “I know it must, now that all that poopy is out of your mane. You had a royal explosion, didn’t you? Goodness, what a big, messy explosion from such a little filly! How did you do that? Mommy’s so proud of you because the doctor told me a big poopy like that means you’re nice and healthy, so you gave mommy a good sign. Yes, you did!” Luna didn’t feel stupid or awkward in the slightest as she spoke and sang to Neoma in her high-pitched baby talk; though it was new to her, it somehow felt completely natural. The warmth of the water relaxed her more, and she allowed herself to savor this time bonding with her foal. She started to wash Neoma’s bottom and tail, then she washed the filly’s body again, just to make sure Neoma was completely clean. Neoma splashed Luna with her wings, kicking up suds and water with her little hooves. Laughing, Luna tickled Neoma under her chin. “You are the cutest princess in all of Equestria, little one,” she told the foal. “You’re getting mommy’s mane all wet, aren’t you?”

“Gah guh brrrrrrbbb!” Neoma kicked and splashed again, and Luna continued to sing as she splashed her daughter back playfully, using her magic to make small, gentle waves that washed over the filly. Neoma squealed with delight and flapped her wings while kicking, splashing so hard that the water frothed and smacked against the sides of the tub. Luna laughed as the water and fluffy white suds drenched her mane. Neoma giggled and splashed playfully as Luna scrubbed her body once more, still singing. She squealed excitedly when she saw the bubbles and continued to splash, covering Luna in water and bubbles and soaking the bathroom. Luna laughed harder and bent down to cover Neoma with kisses.

“That’s right, sweetie. You’re splishing and splashing just like the song says. What a smart little filly you are!” Luna cooed, tickling Neoma’s tummy again. The filly squealed with laughter and kicked her chubby little legs as hard as she could, sending up a mass of water and bubbles. Luna couldn’t stop smiling as she sang and played with Neoma, using her magic to make a small whirlpool that swirled around the foal, making Neoma laugh louder than ever. She momentarily forgot that anypony else was around; the only thing that mattered was this magic moment between Luna and her daughter. She magically conjured a speaker and music player, then she played the song through the speaker. Neoma clapped her hooves with delight and started to splash along with the song, still laughing. Though Luna knew everypony outside was probably cracking up at the sudden blast of music, she didn’t care. She danced and sang in her stupid baby voice as she washed Neoma’s body one last time, scrubbing exceptionally well to make sure the filly was extra clean, and, she admitted to herself, to extend the bath because she was having so much fun. As Luna poured water over Neoma to rinse her off for the last time, Neoma laughed and kicked at the water as hard as she could while simultaneously smacking the water with her wings, sending it everywhere. As the water and suds covered the last remaining dry strands of Luna’s mane, Luna shook with laughter and splashed her daughter back.

“How are you so adorable?” she asked Neoma. “Look at you, little princess. You’re already trying to make sure you have every bit of mommy’s attention, aren’t you?” Luna tickled the filly under her chin. She started to sing again and replayed the song, which made Neoma laugh loudly and coo as she churned up the water with her wings and hooves. Soon, both mother and daughter were dripping wet from their little water fight, and every inch of the bathroom was covered in water and bubbles.

"Haha, the splashing has been doubled!" Luna proclaimed, tickling Neoma until the foal was squealing with laughter again and coating the bathroom floor and walls in another layer of water and bubbles.

Long after Neoma was clean and she smelled fresh, Luna drained the water from the tub and scooped her daughter up in a warm, fluffy towel, then wrapped a towel around herself. After both mother and foal were dry, Luna dressed Neoma in a new diaper and onesie and took her back downstairs, where the other ponies were munching on hors d'oeuvres as they waited for the guests of honor to return. Judging by the grin on her sister’s face, Luna knew that Celestia and the others had definitely overheard her singing and stupid baby talk, and she knew her sister would definitely tease her about all of this later.

“We have returned, everypony," Luna announced, ignoring Celestia's devious smirk. “We turned Neoma’s first bath into a little party of our own.” She patted her frizzy mane and chuckled. Everypony stared at her, shocked at the dramatic change that had suddenly taken place in their sovereign. Indeed, Luna had always been kind, but she had also been cold and aloof, possibly due to her banishment, subsequent rebellion and redemption, and her struggle to adjust to the modern world after her return. As a royal, Luna could never have imagined sullying her hooves with such menial work as nursing and caring for her own foal; she had expected to have nannies who were supposed to do these things for her. This had been her mindset while she was pregnant with Neoma, but as soon as she’d first held her daughter, she had decided that nopony could take better care of Neoma than her own parents, so she and Phoebus had fired all the nannies and taken on Neoma’s care by themselves on the day their daughter was born.

"It's not a problem at all, Ma'am," Fluttershy said slowly, as surprised as everypony else at Luna’s transformation. Everypony at the table was obviously trying their hardest not to laugh.

"May I help throw her first birthday party next year, Your Majesty?" Pinkie Pie asked, trying to keep the conversation going so nopony would lose control and start laughing. "I already have so many ideas for this little cutie." She reached out and tickled Neoma’s tummy, making the foal laugh loudly.

"Of course, Pinkie Pie," Luna replied, smiling. "We were planning on asking you." Neoma cooed and babbled, reaching up to chew on some of Luna's mane, which Luna gently pushed out of the foal's reach.

“I’m helping, too, right?” Twilight asked. Her face lit up when Luna nodded. For the rest of the party, everypony passed Neoma around and fussed over her. The little filly fell asleep as everypony began to leave.

"Splish, splash, I was taking a bath," Celestia sang, mocking Luna's baby voice as she and Sombra walked upstairs to their bedchamber with Summer. She, Sombra, and Twilight, who was heading to her own bedchamber, finally fell apart laughing,

"Shut up, you three," Luna growled through gritted teeth, her face flushing with embarrassment. Phoebus laughed loudly, but Luna silenced him with a glare that said, "Stop laughing or I'll rip your throat out.”

"Sorry, Lulu," Celestia giggled. "It was just so out of character for you to act that way. Motherhood has already changed you in the best way, little sister. I never imagined you'd be the type of mother who constantly fawns over her foal, but Neoma has you wrapped around her little hoof, and it's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. You're already such an amazing mom."

"Thanks, Tia," Luna said. "Phoebus tells me that all the time, but it means a lot coming from you."

“You obviously adore her, and you’re so much more maternal than anypony thought you would be,” Twilight added. “I always thought Celestia was the more nurturing type, but seeing you turn into a doting mother almost overnight is the most wonderful thing, Luna.”

"Well, we should get some sleep," Celestia said. "Will you go raise the moon, little sister?"

"Absolutely," Luna replied. “Just let me put this little one to bed first.” She gently placed the sleeping Neoma into her crib and stroked her head lovingly.

“Oh, and Luna?” Celestia whispered, turning in the doorway of the nursery.

“Yes, sister?” Luna asked as she followed Celestia. Celestia exchanged a shit-eating grin with Twilight, then locked eyes with Luna.

“We were a-splishin’ and a-splashin’!” Celestia sang. Then she and Twilight exploded with giggles again as they turned and started to gallop off to their bedchambers before Luna could stop them.

“Not a word about this to anypony, Tia and Twilight!” Luna called to her sister in her royal Canterlot voice. “If either of you tell anypony about this, I swear that I’ll show those pictures from your bachelorette party in Las Pegasus to everypony we know, Celestia!”

“No, you won’t,” Celestia stage-whispered, trying not to wake Neoma or Summer, “because first of all, a bunch of other ponies overheard you, and secondly, if you share my bachelorette pictures with anypony, then I’ll show Nova the pictures I took at your bachelorette party, and I think your pictures are a little more scandalous than mine. Remember, Lulu, I’m not the pony who got blackout drunk at the karaoke bar!”

“No, you and Twilight started dancing on the bar in your undies, which was even worse!” Luna called after them.

“At least we can remember more of what happened!” Twilight replied from her bedchamber.