• Published 4th Nov 2022
  • 218 Views, 10 Comments

Love, Me - BrushyBill1881



Brushy Bill's submission for the M/M shipping contest! Inspired by multiple songs: "Up On A Hill" Dan Seals 1983, "Blue Clear Sky" George Strait 1996, "Stranger in my House" Ronnie Milsap 1983, "Cold Hard Truth" George Jones 1999, and more!

  • ...
6
 10
 218

There's A Stranger In My House

When love blooms, not all know, and not all will be happy. But for this moment let's stay in the happy place.

Big Mac although winded from his first run was invigored by his realization and raced back into the country. His mind was swirling with all the words he wanted to say to Flim, and trying to find the right order to say them. He made it back to the brothers farm just as Flim was walking to the porch. He was by himself so Big Mac called out.

"Flim!" Flim recognized the voice and spun around fast. Standing in front of him was Big Mac, trying to catch his breath.

"Oh hey, Big Mac, listen no need to-"

"I'm going to stop you right there Flim." Big Mac huffed out. "I...I've got something to say to you." Flim walked towards the worn out stallion and sat down in front of him.

"Ok?" He said warily. Big Mac took a deep breath.

"Ok," Big Mac leaned forward and kissed Flim's cheek. When he pulled away Flim lifted his hoof to touch his cheek and then look at Big Mac. He was looking down to the side and blushing a little. "I like ya to Flim...I like you a lot. I didn't realize it until you kissed me, and that scared me. I'm awful sorry for running. I hope you can forgive me Flim...and maybe we can try this?" He smiled and looked at Flim sheepishly. Flim stood up and hugged Big Mac tight.

"I think we can try." Tears started falling from both their eyes as Big Mac hugged Flim back. They broke the hug and stood awkwardly together.

"Sooo now what?" Big Mac asked.

"I guess we're colt friend and uh colt friend? Does that sound right?" Flim tapped his chin. Big Mac shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe colt friends? That sounds better."

"How right you are," Flim got close to Big Mac, "Colt friend," and kissed his cheek. Unlike last time Big Mac was able to enjoy it, and rather then panic his heart fluttered. He took Flims hoof and smiled.

"While I would love to stay here with you my colt friend. I do have chores early tomorrow. But I will meet you at our spot." Flim smiled and hugged Big Mac.

"See you tomorrow." Flim walked away and into his house. When he entered Flam was sitting in a chair by the window with a book in hoof. "You better be actually reading and not snooping." Flim point to the window.

"Hm?" Flam closed his book and calmly took off his reading glasses. "Sorry dear brother, I was to invested in this story."

"Good." Flim turned to walk away.

"It's about these two farmers who slowly falls in love and one confesses to the other on his front porch." Flam smiled. Flim spun around.

"You were snooping!" He accused. Flam stood up and walked to his bedroom with his book.

"You are far too paranoid Flim." He chuckled. "Goodnight brother." He closed his door. Flim sighed and went to his room with a big smile on his face.

Back out side Big Mac watched as Flim entered his house and as soon as the door closed he heard a high pitched voice from a bush.

"Oh my gosh." Big Mac snapped his head around to the sound. From out of the bush came Applebloom. "Big Mac-"

"Applebloom what'er you, why are you, its not-"

"That was soooo cute!" She squealed in a high pitched voice.

"Huh?" Big Mac was shocked his little sister wasn't questioning everything she had seen.

"The way you ran up and called his name and and and then you kissed his cheek, ooooooooh it was so cute."

"What are you doing here Applebloom?" Big Mac asked looking around. "Is any pony else here?"

"Nope just me. I came to see what you and Flim built yesterday." She pointed to the beds.

"How do you know I helped?"

"Well duh, I saw you two are Daisy's yesterday." Applebloom rolled her eyes.

"You saw us?" Big Mac began to panic again, worried that Applejack had also seen them or his little sister told her.

"Uh yeah, you guys weren't exactly well hidden behind the flower display." Big Mac face hoofed.

"Does Applejack know?"

"Nope and you can trust me not to tell any pony." Applebloom looked towards the brothers house. "I don't want any pony, even Applejack to ruin this." She smiled at her big brother. He smiled back. The validation felt good and it was a weight off his shoulders that at least on of his family members knew.

"Thank you Applebloom, let's go home." Together they walked back home.

A few weeks later

Big Mac and Flim had been seeing each other every evening for the last several weeks, enjoying on another's company and had even gone out a few times. Not into Ponyville of course but out and about. During this time they grew closer and bolder in there time together. One evening while out at the sittin' spot, Flim, resting his head on Big Mac looked towards the Apple's farm.

"I sure would like to see your house." he sighed. Big Mac nodded.

"Maybe someday my sisters will go out and I can sneak you around Granny."

"What romantic time." Flim rolled his eyes and stood up.

"Something wrong Candy Cane?" Big Mac had taken to calling Flim, Candy Cane, not the best nickname, but Flim loved it every time he heard it.

"We've been colt friend's for a few weeks now and your family doesn't know. They don't even know you helped with the beds."

"Well Applebloom knows." Big Mac smiled sheepishly. "I'm sure Granny would come around eventually. It's Applejack that concerns me the most." He looked over his shoulder nervously expecting her to appear.

"I understand Big Mac, but maybe we can tell them soon?" Flim asked with pleading eyes. Big Mac sat and thought for a second.

"How bout this," he stood up. "Here soon my sister is having a dinner with all her friends. Why don't you come and we can introduce ourselves then." Flim stared at Big Mac.

"You want to introduce your colt friend to your sister AND her friends? Which may I remind you, have had several problems with my brother and I over the years. Running away together sounds like a better plan than that." Big Mac's ears went down.

"True." He took a deep breath "Then how about I plan a dinner with just my family. I'll tell them I'm bringing two guest. You and your brother come and once we get past he first rough part, we can tell them." Flim thought for a second and then sighed.

"Its a start." He kissed Big Mac's cheek. "Let's fleche it out a bit more tomorrow evening. But I still like the running away together idea." Big Mac laughed and stood up. The two hugged, said their good nights and left.

Big Mac entered the house and went straight to his room. Applejack watched him the whole time until she heard the door. close.

"Has any pony else noticed a difference in Big Mac?" She asked her granny and sister. Applebloom tightened her mouth and looked at Granny Smith.

"Oh you know your brother. He's always been a shy secretive one." Granny rocked in her chair.

"But that's what's different. He seems less shy and more secretive." Applejack scratched her head.

"He also seems happier." Applebloom pointed out.

"Yeah but why. There's a silence between us now, I've never heard it before. He never says anything at dinner. There's some changes going on as I understand it, but I can't tell what."

"Maybe he's found himself interested in something. He has been reading a lot about vegetable farming." Granny looked at the bookshelf. "I should know. He's messed up the whole shelf." she grumbled.

"When he's not working he's always looking out yonder, a million miles away. And every time I ask him what's up, he never has much to say. I've been suspicious for a while and I've asked him questions about his daily goings and he always has alibis. Is it just my imagination, or does it feel like there is a stranger in this house?" Applejack asked the two. Applebloom said nothing and Granny shrugged her shoulders. Applejack looked at her sister. "You're being awful quiet Applebloom."

"Oh I uh just have nothing to contribute." Applebloom smiled. Applejack got closer to her.

"You know something don't you." Applebloom began to sweat and look every where but at her sister.

Up stairs Big Mac was reading about the starting of orchards and trying to figure out if grafting was an option to help the brothers out. From his window he heard a tap. He looked over and saw Flim waiving at him. Panic and happiness set in and raced to the window, opening it quickly.

"Candy Cane!? What are you doing here?" He looked down and saw the ladder under Flim, "And where did you get that ladder?"

"I just wanted to say hi, and your family has ladders everywhere. It wasn't hard to find." Flim smiled innocently. Big Mac rolled his eyes and laughed. He looked back to make sure the door was closed and then back to Flim.

"Want to come in?" Flim blushed.

"Into your bedroom? That's a big step." He poked his head in and looked around, causing the weight on the ladder to shift making it fall backwards. Flim lost his balance but Big Mac grabbed onto him and pulled him through the window. The momentum caused the two the tumble over each other leaving Flim on top of Big Mac. They both laughed before catching each other's eyes. Staring into each other's eyes they slowing leaned towards each other meeting in the middle with their first kiss.

Back down stairs as Applejack was about to grill Applebloom about what she knew, when they all heard a large crash. Applejack scrabbled up the stairs with Applebloom close behind trying to slow her down.

"Oh that was probably just the wind AJ or maybe some lightning." But before she could do anything else Applejack opened Big Mac's door.

"Big Mac you-" She stopped upon seeing her brother kissing Flim.