• Published 23rd Oct 2022
  • 286 Views, 7 Comments

Horizon DangerVerse - DangerDean

  • ...
 7
 286

Formula 2010s Test Race

“Also Danger…” Oscura said, with another entry list document in her hands, “there is a Formula race with cars from 2000 to 2008… and also custom built cars from that timeframe… and before you ask, they’ve been homologated to Horizon GP regulations. The race itself is being planned on one of the tracks used in the Horizon GT Championship a while ago and… I think you are losing your mind slightly.

Danger pulled a sceptical face.

“Why, Oscura… I’ve been racing for like… a loooooong time and… this may surprise you.” Danger said, ignoring Oscura’s comment if he lost his mind, “I never made a bad career move in my life… Someone will tell me otherwise… then if that is the case, that statement will probably end up with me getting thrown off the Velocity City Grand Harbour.”

“Oh…” Oscura pondered, “well in any case… I’ll show the entry list for who is in the Formula race. Just so you know, that all the cars with have homologated V10s and V8s. ”

Danger had then proceed to have look at the entry list to prove to Oscura that his mind didn’t self-implode on him.


#1 Rainbow Dash, 2008 Ferrari F2008
#2 Lightning Dust, 2005 McLaren Mercedes-Benz MP4-20
#3 Spitfire, 2005 Renault R25
#5 Sonic Flash, 2005 McLaren Mercedes-Benz MP4-20
#6 Sunset Shimner, 2005 Williams BMW FW27
#7 Adriana Novalight, 2005 McLaren Mercedes-Benz MP4-20
#11 Blazing Lionfire, 2004 Jaguar Lionfire Racing R5
#13 Oscura Galaxia, 2008 Ferrari F2008
#14 Aria Blaze, 2008 Ferrari F2008
#15 Danger Dean, 2008 Ferrari F2008
#16 Alicia Storm, 2006 Honda RA106
#19 Diamond Blazer, 2005 Renault R25
#21 Twilight Sparkle, 2006 Honda RA106
#22 Sonata Dusk, 2006 Honda RA106
#23 Iris Dayspark, 2008 McLaren MP4-23
#24 Viral Velocity, 2008 Ferrari F2008
#25 Starlight Glimmer, 2006 Renault R26
#26 Trixie Lulamoon, 2006 Renault R26
#27 Indigo Zap, 2008 Super Aguri Honda SA08
#33 Sunshine Radiance, 2005 BAR Honda 007
#35 Crimsonia Dragonsfire, 2005 Jordan Dragonsfire EJ15
#36 Azura Dragonsfire, 2005 Jordan Dragonsfire EJ15
#39 Hatsune Soulblitz, 2005 McLaren Mercedes-Benz MP4-20
#40 Becky Blitz, 2004 Ferrari F2004
#45 Manic Speed, 2004 Ferrari F2004
#50 Danger Flash, 2004 Ferrari F2004
#91 Beatrice Radiance, 2008 McLaren Mercedes-Benz MP4-22
#97 Rusalka Swordlight, 2007 McLaren Mercedes-Benz MP4-21
#98 Alexandra Swordlight, 2007 McLaren Mercedes-Benz MP4-21


“I guess Rusalka is having a blast from the past.” Danger remarked.

“Why do you say that, Dean?” Oscura asked.

“Well, the MP4-21 was the very car that Rusalka Swordlight made her debut in Formula Equestria in 2007 and what were you doing that year, Oscura?” Danger explained before asking.

“Well… I think I was in the same championship as you… and I saw Danger Motorsport logos on the Audi you were racing in and I was racing with… Peuegot… I think.” Oscura replied trying to recap her career. “I think you were in 2 championships because you decided to go double duty or triple duty for like 7 years, competing in the Equestrian GT Championship, Equestrian Sports Car Championship and the Equestrian Le Mans Seires… because you founded your own team in 2007… you make a lot of memories on Aeris, for over a decade I was not except your rhetoric as the way forward. But after that crash at Blaze City… I realised that you were right… that my rhetoric would only make people feel bad at you. People like Dahlia Nightblaze, my sisters, Anastasia and Tenebrisa never really liked you because of you dominating everything, but what can I say… I’ve learnt that I don’t need my sister’s crap on the radio.”

“Fair enough I guess.” Danger commented.

“Anyway, I’ll be seeing you in the race… ready to get some flashbacks it 2013?” Oscura asked.

“Definetely.” Danger replied.


After all the drivers got into their cars for a 75 mile race on the 1.8 mile circuit with 12 corners that resembles the track used in the streets of Chicago, the race got underway and Oscura got a good start of the line with Danger right behind her. Viral was in 3rd and Adriana in the McLaren was in 4th. The 18 cars cars began circulated the 1.8 mile circuit in a consistent rhythm, putting on a mighty show for the fans to hear the V8 engine beasts of engineering, but it didn’t take long for the race to claim it’s first victim.

While trying to overtake the Lotus of Crimsonia Dragonsfire, Aria tried a move on the final corner which resulted in contact and the front wing on Aria’s Lamborghini to lose the front left end-plate. There was more drama on lap 3 when Starlight Glimmer crashed into the wall after misjudging the exit of turn 6. Before the caution period, Viral had overtaken Danger was now in 2nd place, but she knew that Oscura was in her winning RB9 and the SF-DGR12 was a good car but she realised that her SF-DGR12 didn’t have a Danger Motorsport engine unlike her SF-DGR23, neither did Danger for that matter. They were running on an Italian heart and on lap 8, two laps after the restart. Samantha Soulspark’s engine in her Force India called it quits on her and caused her to retire from the race.

By lap 11 of 42, Oscura was still leading with the Ferrari of Viral chasing her down. Danger was being hounded by the McLaren of Adriana and the Mercedes of Iris Dayspark in 5th place. Sonic was in 7th after Azura passed him the lap prior but that didn’t deter him from getting the place back on lap 13. While this was going on, Viral was now 0.3 seconds adrift from Oscura, heading into the start of the chicane of turns 7 to 9, Viral tried to capitalize on any mistake Oscura may inevitably make. But on lap 15, after two laps of trying to pass Oscura, The second caution came out as Jessica Silverlight’s Lamborghini punted Alicia’s Sauber and both had to go to the pits for new repairs… this was great news for Aria who was 15th after her stop on lap 5 for a new front wing. She expected most of the field to pit for tyres and she was right, 13 of the 16 remaining cars made a pitstop and Aria stayed out as she has fresher tyres and was now into 2nd place behind the Ferrari of Danger who also stayed out.

When the race resumed on lap 18, Danger led from Aria’s Lamborghini and Crimsonia’s Lotus, Oscura was in 4th ahead of Viral, the two McLarens of Sonic and Adriana was 6th and 7th. Twilight Sparkle in the Williams was 8th Iris was 9th and Alice Soulspark in 10th. The race started to the stabilize in terms of chaos and for a lot of laps passed without any drama and Danger was leading the majority until on lap 29 when he got passed Aria who was still in the winning mood after her Horizon GT title victory a few days prior.

By lap 33, it was game, set and match at this point for Danger. Aria’s Lamborghini was showing more and more speed as the laps trickled down more. Danger felt that it was over for him as he stagnated in 2nd place with Oscura’s Red Bull now up into 3rd place after a outside pass on Crimsonia. The only thing that Danger really needed was another caution and with 5 laps to go… something miraculous happened.

Crimsonia, who was trying to retake 3rd place from Oscura, ran wide onto the marbles at turn 11 and crashed into the wall and her race was over. This was what Danger needed as he was nearly 20 seconds adrift from Aria. On lap 41, it was a two lap sprint to the finish. Aria was in the lead, with Danger, Oscura, Sonic and Viral in the top 5. Aria was defending her position from the charging Ferrari. On lap 42… it was pretty much over, Aria crossed the line to win the race with Danger and Oscura completing the podium. Viral came fourth and the McLarens of Adriana and Sonic in 5th and 6th. The two Mercedes of Iris Dayspark and Jasmine Spark were 7th and 8th and Twilight in the Williams was 9th and Alice Soulspark was 10th in the Force India.