• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 2,248 Views, 269 Comments

Forgotten Bygones - Catpaw616



Starlight, Trixie, and Discord are treated like enemies again, but how? And why?

  • ...
9
 269
 2,248

Chapter 26: Preparations

The three exited Zecora's hut and they headed back to Twilight's castle to retrieve the book, even though they weren't supposed to come back after the fight. But they never knew that the same book that the curse came from would be the key to defeating it.

But even so, Trixie couldn't grasp the backstory. It seemed solid, but to her, it was confusing.

"I can't be the only who thinks that the backstory is confusing. Basan got killed by a wizard, then his brother resurrected him in spell form, then his brother dies by the same wizard, then the wizard hides the book? Huh?" Trixie vented.

"It doesn't matter the backstory. As long as we know how to defeat it." Starlight responded, along with a scoff. "Although it should be easy."

"Maybe, but the curse is smart. It has outsmarted us on more than one occasion." Twilight argued.

"But we always came out on top. Otherwise, we would be dead by now." Trixie told her.

"Because it was toying with you. Believe me, I heard every thought Basan had when he was in my body, and he kept saying that a lot." Twilight told her firmly. "If he didn't have a wicked sense of humor, he would've killed you long ago without any delay."

"I wonder whose fault that would be." Trixie rolled her eyes.

Twilight halted and stared at Trixie. "I know what I did was bad! No need to remind me." she retorted.

Don't think I'm letting you slide that easily. "Oh please. Don't think that you're getting off easy because you're on our side. You caused so much trouble for us because you put your nose into dusty, forbidden books. I bet you broke the lock when you found it."

"It... wasn't there when I found it." Twilight side eyed. She shook her head. "Anyways, why are we even fighting about this? Should we find this book so we can fix a mistake that I made?"

She's trying so hard to change the subject. Trixie thought in annoyance.

Starlight shouldered in-between the two. "She's right. Fighting isn't making us go any faster. Who knows that Basan is doing to Spike while we're standing around?"

"And you wanna know why Spike is in this situation? It's all because of her!" Trixie spat while she pointed accusingly at Twilight.

"I'm trying to make up for my mistakes!" Twilight defended.

"Then you have to try harder then, because so far it's doing nothing." Trixie responded bitterly. "So far, there was nothing that you did that made up for us being thrown into prison. You didn't make up for Starlight's mental derailment, and even though it happened like two hours ago, you didn't make up for Discord being turned into stone!"

The loud thunder that rumbled in the sky startled the three. They looked to see the blue ray in the sky above Canterlot was starting to grow a dark red, along with a few lightning bolts coming out of it.

Starlight started walking up the trail that led out of the forest. "The light is starting to get worse. You guys can argue about this whenever you want, but right now, I want this curse to be done and dealt with. Like I said, fighting only derails our mission."

Trixie shot Twilight a glare, while Twilight tried to avoid eye contact.

"Fine." But I will bring it up later.


The three ponies barged inside the library. Starlight immediately scanned through the books with her magic. "What does it look like?"

"According to Zecora, the cover should have the shape that we saw on that necklace." Twilight answered while searching through the bookshelves. "This is the ancient book section of the castle, so it has to be here."

Trixie decided to join with Starlight, although she slowly picked out the books, unlike her friend who was rapid-fire. But it seemed to pay off, because after plucking books out of the shelves, she found a strange book with a pony-shaped symbol on it.

"Found it!" Starlight told them.

She opened the book on a nearby bookstand. She pages were old, and some of them were even ripped. Trixie sneezed from all the dust that came off of it.

"Yup, this is it." Twilight noted.

"What page did were you on that released the spell?"

Twilight turned the pages until she found a page with giant, black text. But Trixie couldn't make out what it said. "This looks like a different language!"

"It's Old Ponish." Starlignt told her.

"And thankfully, I can read what it says." Twilight boasted. "It says... 'Rise, oh big brother of mine. For you have fallen too soon, but never again.'"

Trixie couldn't help but stifle her laughter. "I can imagine you saying those words aloud." she joked.

"Ok, so all we have to do is make Basan destroy this book. But how?" Starlight tilted her head as she stared at the book.

"I don't know, but Twilight will figure it out for us." Trixie smirked, while the alicorn looked alarmed and confused.

"Why me?" she demanded.

"You started this, you finish it." she stated. "We are not finishing your problem for you."

"What if I'm captured?" Twilight asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Then we have to carry for you. Again. But you better not turn into a damsel-in-distress on us." Trixie told her firmly. "Right, Starlight?"

She nodded back.

"I'll try not too." Twilight sighed. "I did some unforgivable things, and the last thing I need is the victims of my mistakes to save me." she looked at Starlight, then Trixie. "I'll make it up to you two. I promise."

Trixie looked skeptical. Meanwhile Starlight nodded again, although from the look from her eyes, she was serious. "But you have to show it."

I'll try.


With the book in their grasp, the others exited the castle, and looked at the Canterlot castle with the ray shining a light red above.

This was it. The moment had finally came.

"Ready for the fight?" Twilight asked the two of them as she started flapping her wings. "We'll be flying to Canterlot."

Starlight levitated herself and Trixie from the ground. "We're ready." she told her in determination.

"Finally! We'll end the curse once and for all. About time too." Trixie smirked.

With that, they have flown to the skies, and headed towards the source of the beam.


"Let me go!" Spike wailed while Luna pinned him to the ground with her hoof. No matter how much we wiggled, or clawed, he couldn't get out.

Celestia, who was watching with a fresh batch of popcorn on her hoof, gave him an evil grin. "I can't do that. Otherwise, I would be a good pony for letting you live."

"Basan!"

Spike was startled by the sudden call that came from Trixie. Celestia, looked shock and angry. "Who said my name?" it demanded.

As if by command, the three suddenly showed up. Twilight flew with her wings, meanwhile Starlight and Trixie were flying thanks to Starlight's magic. They landed as they gave the curse hateful stares.

"Finally! It was about to get boring here, and I was almost about to kill this little bugger for good." Celestia said while shooting him a glare.

"The only one who's going to get killed is you." Starlight retorted angrily.

Luna scoffed. "Kill me? The only way to kill me is to kill your precious rulers. Would you really want to be responsible for their deaths?"

"Enough games! We know exactly how to get rid of you." Trixie spat.

Celestia's eyes widened in mockery. "Oh, do you now? Well then, I guess you have to show me." she grinned. "But don't wait too long, because I feel like giving you the same fate as your poor friend."

Spike gulped as Luna summoned chains with her magic. Spike suddenly felt cold metal wrapped around his body, and his body was tugged tight. The three looked at him worriedly, but their gazes were hard when they faced Celestia and Luna, who stood by Celestia's side.

Please, win. Spike pleaded in his mind.

They all braced themselves as the final battle was about to begin.