• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 2,248 Views, 269 Comments

Forgotten Bygones - Catpaw616



Starlight, Trixie, and Discord are treated like enemies again, but how? And why?

  • ...
9
 269
 2,248

Chapter 11: Recollect

Applejack slowly opened her eyes and started to groan in pain. Trixie and Discord were suddenly aware of her. Meanwhile all Starlight did was turn her head to face the scene, not moving away from Spike at all.

The earth pony rubbed her eyes, before squinting them again. "Where am I?" she asked.

"In Twilight's castle." Discord answered her flatly.

When she recognized his voice, Applejack's eyes suddenly grew wide. "Discord?" she gasped, and turned her head to see Trixie. "Trixie?"

They all sighed in relief when her voice wasn't tainted with distrust and anger. But they weren't completely sure she changed.

"You're not scared of us anymore?" Trixie asked her.

"Not anymore." Applejack sighed.

"What do you mean not anymore?" Discord caught on with suspicion. "Were you aware of your actions?"

"I was, kind of?" Applejack stammered. "But... I couldn't have hold of myself."

"Hold yourself...?" Trixie tried to grasp what she was saying. "So you were conscious of your actions, but something controlled you?"

"Look," Applejack said as she slowly got up. "All I remember was that I was tending the farm at Sweet Apple Acres, and the next thing I knew, I suddenly had the urge to hate you guys again. Somehow."

They looked next to them and they heard Rainbow Dash groan at the side.

She got to her feet and rubbed her cheek to where she got punched. "I'll feel that in the morning." she winced. She then noticed that Starlight was still crying on Spike's body, deeply in regret.

Rainbow walked up to her and lent her a hoof. "Here, let me help you." she offered.

Starlight turned and glared at her with pure anger.

Rainbow flinched and backed away.

"I suggest you should leave her alone for a while." Trixie told her. "After what you did." she said as she pointed at Starlight, who was covered with bruises.

"It wasn't my fault!" Rainbow pleaded. She turned to Starlight. "I had no control!"

But Starlight turned away coldly.

Just then, she saw that Spike was moving underneath her chin. Starlight immediately raised her head. "Spike?" she asked with her head tilted.

Spike slowly opened his eyes. Then he let out a yawn. "Uh, what happened?" he asked groggily.

"Spike!" Starlight exclaimed happily and hugged him tight. "Thank Celestia you're ok." she whispered.

"I think so." Spike answered. He turned and noticed that Starlight's cutie mark had deep scratches that was covered in dry blood. "I-I did that...?" Spike whispered, and he looked at his claws. They also had tints of Starlight's blood. "Oh Celestia!"

Then Spike immediately hugged her. His tears started to stain her coat. "I'm so sorry, Starlight." he whispered. "I didn't mean too!"

After being stunned by his sudden outburst, Starlight closed her eyes and hugged him tight. "Me too." she whispered.

"Do you finally forgive me now?" Rainbow interrogated her after he witnessed the scene, although with her tone a little softer.

Starlight raised her head to face the pegasus. "Somewhat." she answered bluntly.

Rainbow looked at her, unpleased.

"Don't be angry at Rainbow for long." Spike warned her. "She was under the same trance as we were, I bet."

"I guess." Starlight said to him, clearly not convinced.

"Ok now that everyone is waking up, can we cut to the chase?" Discord now came in. "What in the world happen to the rest of you?"

"Like I said, I was tending the farm for the night, and the next thing I know, I suddenly hated you guys again." Applejack answered him with tiny annoyance.

"I didn't notice until I woke up." Rainbow agreed.

Just then, Pinkie immediately got in the group. "I was making party plans for tomorrow and I suddenly had a hate cannon explode on me!"

"Hate... cannon...?" Trixie was perplexed by what she just said. "And how did you recover so quickly? We didn't even notice you waking up."

"Don't question Pinkie Pie." Applejack answered for her. "It's the last thing you want to do."

Trixie just rolled her eyes.


"So, all of this happened at night?" Starlight asked them as they assembled at the dinner table. With Discord and Trixie at her side, while the rest were in front of them, including Fluttershy and Rarity, who had woken up shortly after. Much to Discord's relief for the former.

"I was closing up for the day." Rarity had told them.

"And I was feeding Angel for dinner." Fluttershy added. "But instead of hate, like the rest of you, all I had was this sudden fear that I never felt in a while."

"Aren't you always fearful?" Rainbow asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Yes, but the fear was not in general, instead it was to them." Fluttershy answered as she pointed a hoof at the three reformed villains.

"No wonder you were the hardest to wake." Discord sighed sadly.

"What do you think happened to us?" Applejack asked them. "Because something like this can't happen without a source."

"Zecora gave us the answer." Trixie answered the orange pony. "The spell is called Goodness Forgetness, and it honestly has the stupidest trigger I have seen."

"The spell is activated by reading a certain text." Starlight added, ignoring her friend. "And all we know is that if the text is read, then everyone will forget the good things that happen, I guess." she said with hesitation at the end.

"Someone can easily read the text and all the hard work the three of you did to prove your redemption, can easily be erased?" Rainbow Dash sounded outraged.

"There has to be more than that, darling." Rarity added.

"Well, that's what Zecora told us." Starlight shrugged.

"Anything else she told you?" Rainbow asked.

"No, or else we would tell you." Discord responded in a snarky tone.

As they were continuing to discuss, they saw Twilight enter the dining room. She immediately gasped when she saw the sight of Discord, Trixie, and especially Starlight.

"What are you doing here?" Twilight interrogated her. "You have some nerve coming to my home after you punched me."

Starlight just glared at her, saying nothing.

"Wait, lets calm down, y'all." Applejack got in.

"Calm down?" Twilight looked shocked. "Applejack, you are surprisingly calm that three villains are here in the castle!"

"They're not villains, Twilight." Rarity stepped up. "At least, we know that now."

"You're under a spell, just like us." Fluttershy told her gently.

"And its making you wacko!" Pinkie said as she started twirling her hooves around her head.

"Are all of you insane?" Twilight interrogated her friends. "Do you even hear yourselves?"

"Twilight, just trust us." Applejack said to the alicorn firmly. "You know we would never lie to you. Especially me."

But Twilight just shoved her aside. "You three are clearly sick." Twilight said spitefully to the three, clearly ignoring Applejack's words.

"Excuse me?!" Trixie couldn't help but have a burst of outrage. "No no no. You're one that's sick, Princess Twilight."

But she got angrier. "How dare you say that after you mind controlled my friends!"

"Mind controlled?!" Rainbow Dash looked angry at her. "Now hold on just a minute, Twilight-"

But she just muffled her with her magic. She immediately turned her head to Starlight. "This is all you, isn't it?"

"What did you just say?" Starlight's voice quivered. Trixie noticed that she was fighting to keep her anger in check once again.

"Well, how can it not be?" Twilight raised her hoof to Discord, and back at Trixie. "The other has no magic, and the other is garbage at magic. So it clearly has to be you."

I mean she's not wrong about me. Trixie admitted.

"Well its not!" Starlight yelled. But she stopped and she turned her head away in sadness. "Why do I even try to persuade you anymore?"

"Twilight, darling!" Rarity got in front of the princess. "Stop yourself before you make things go out of hand!"

Twilight started to stammer. She looked back at her friends nervously. Then she looked back at the villains with her eyes narrowed.

"You." Twilight said, while directly staring at Starlight.

With a flash, she teleported away.

"Ugh. I forgot we have to deal with her again." Discord groaned.

Starlight looked up at Discord and Trixie. "Well, we have to face her eventually-"

She was suddenly interrupted by a burst of purple, and she was gone.

"Starlight!" they all screamed her name.