• Published 1st Oct 2022
  • 325 Views, 6 Comments

Guardians of the beyond VOL I - Red24



The Child of Midnight Sparkles travels and goes Adventures through the multiverse, though he bumps into a pony that will change his life ….

  • ...
 6
 325

Book I Chapter V “One of us”

Chapter 5
"Attention citizens, a new friend of ours has gotten lost in the city! A young unicorn by the name of Eclipse, if he is seen please escort him to the palace, thank you!" Starlight's cheerful voice announced over the speakers and the message repeated one more time before returning to its usual music

Eclipse blasted one of the speakers to make it stop as he ran by, evading the other ponies. The somewhat repetitive music was made to get into his subconscious and it started working. He shook his head trying to focus when he was suddenly grabbed and pulled into the sewer systems.

“Okay, no one grabs me without permission!” Eclipse exclaimed annoyed once he was pulled in, trying to push himself away from his assailant.

“Shut up!” The pony who grabbed him hissed, their hoof going over his mouth as they looked back up at the sewer entrance. Numerous thudding was heard as the equal ponies trotted by in their search for him.

He didn’t like being talked to like this though he noticed these ponies were not like the others as their strength was more than the full Equal Equines. They seemed to know what they were doing and didn't seem to do anything ill-intended to him.

“Who are you?” Eclipse whispered.

These ponies wore dark attire, covering their flanks. Even wearing their facemasks over their muzzles.
“Come on, it’s not safe to speak here,” one whispered, they motioned for Eclipse to follow them deeper into the sewage.

The leader of the group was a unicorn so they used their magic to guide them, their horn lit with a green glow. Eclipse did the same, lighting his own horn, but felt uneasy. Both because he was following strangers and how contaminated the place was, Nullah put on a face mask to try and block the terrible aroma, offering one to Eclipse who felt like gagging too so he immediately put one on.

“I could just go and save Winter but I should follow these ponies. Who knows? Maybe it’s more dangerous than I thought...” he thinks to himself.

“How come you still have yours?” The leader asked confused.

“Well long story short I’m actually from a different dimension and I traveled here with a friend and now she’s apprehended!” He said still following, trying to watch where he stepped.

“You’d have to have some powerful magic to jump dimensions, kinda like Discord,” the second pony spoke beside him, their country accent coming through their mask, “Why come here?”

“Well I didn’t choose I can’t, actually, control where I end up....” he said embarrassed

“So it’s your fault you both are here,” the leader deducted.

“Well no I mean.....yeah it is.....I just didn’t want to be alone and was scared...look I’ll make it right! From the looks of you three, I’m guessing you're some kind of resistance?” He inquired, as they entered the hideout of the resistance. Far away from the city.
Many other ponies were there too, all wearing cloaks to cover their flanks or doing chores for the community. There was a station where they were washing up to get their makeup off of them, and another post to have makeup applied on them so they can go up to the city. So some ponies were pretending to be Equal to spy on those above.

“Yes. Our numbers may be small but we stay together. We are its leaders. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo,” the orange mare welcomed, introducing them while pulling off their masks.

“Oh, I know you! ...or at least you from a different dimension hehe,” he chuckles, pulling his off too, “you're the CMC!"

"That's right! But not exactly, you see we're changed..." Applebloom smirked as all three got in a pose, "We're the EMR!!! The Equal Mark Rebellion!!!"

"Tell me how did Starlight come to power here?”

“Our big sisters went missing for months, and then we heard that Canterlot was taken over by a group of ponies with the same cutie marks,” Sweetie Belle explains sadly.

“I see...so she got the mane six...” Eclipse said amazed “this is incredible just little changes can alter the course of history...I guess Fluttershy screwed up and somehow they were all brainwashed, fascinating!” He then stopped as Nullah looked at him frowning, his rambling of the events was making the EMR upset, “ oh right, sorry...I mean, look, I’ll help you out if you guys can help me save Winter?”

“...If you can find our sisters then we’ll help you. Starlight has been reigning for moons now and we just want to see them again!” Applebloom pleaded.

“What happened to the princesses though?” He asked, hoping that maybe they were still free somehow

“We know Twilight was manipulated, but I’m not sure about the others,” Scootaloo confessed. Leading Eclipse to their meeting room with many maps and plans on the walls.

Eclipse was looking at a map of the castle; it seems the layout was pretty much the same as the other dimensions of the castle. “Ok I’ll go through the underground basement and work my way up”

“Take the crystal caverns, it’s abandoned so no pony should be there,” Sweetie Belle says. From there they made a plan.

Eclipse started on his journey he felt worried that he might not make it but knew he had to fix this screw-up, going through the crystal caverns feeling like he was being watched. The EMR went with him as extra protection too, looking out for him.

Eclipse was working his way through the cave, Nullah was wearing their black ninja outfit to stay hidden. The boop had a bad feeling as he could feel the future. “How long has she been in control?” Eclipse asked quietly.

“Moons, we lost count at this point,” Applebloom frowned. “She’s taken up a majority of the Equestria...I heard she's been trying to make the dragons join too,”

Eclipse grew concerned as he hears this. Starlight must be incredibly powerful now, maybe even more OP from the canon show...

“She is!” they heard a voice and looked around. Then they saw, coming out of the shadows... was Twilight Sparkle! With the same Creepy grin and equal sign.

“Hey girls! And stallion, we were expecting you. Welcome!”

The EMR and Eclipse backed up in shock, not just her but the other mane six walked up from behind to stand beside her!! “Applebloom!! Thank goodness, you’re finally home!” Applejack said relieved, walking a little closer to her sister.

“We were ever so worried dear Sweetie Belle,” Rarity adds, coming around to face her sister, “you three grew up!”

“Ah yes, hi, you guys... umm look great..” Eclipse says anxiously, trying to figure a way out of this.

“AppleJack! I can’t believe... what have they done!” Applebloom exclaimed emotionally, tearing up at the sight of her sister after so long.

“Rarity no...” Sweetie Belle cried as well, "Why didn't you come home? We've been waiting for you..."

The other mane six all approached slowly with great big grins. “Oh, little sister, Starlight has shown us the truth! The way we were meant to be, true friendship!” Rarity answered.

“It’s made us 200% cooler Scoot!!” Rainbow exclaims, flying overhead and doing some loops. “Be a part of our family!!”

“What? No!! This is so wrong! We were family.......what happened to how our differences make us who we are?” Scootaloo quoted.

Twilight then approached, “I believed that lie once but I was wrong, we used to argue all the time, but now we never fight!" she beams, wings spreading, "I’m no different to Fluttershy, who’s no different from Pinkie! we are all happy!!!”

“Please join us girls, to become part of the family! I hate knowing you had been living down there for so long, we miss you,” pleaded Applejack, "You're better off with us than alone,"

“Join us, join us,” they then started to chant and say in unison, getting closer and closer to them.

“I’m sorry, but it’s for the best!!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed as she cast a forcefield spell. Pushing them away and giving them a chance to run. The three ran away as Sweetie Belle stayed to fend them off.

“It’s for the best darling” Rarity said to her, using her magic combined with Twilight's to fight back.

Eclipse looked at the map to find a way out to get above.

~~~

Meanwhile above, Winter was finally starting to feel at home for the first in a long time, enjoying the tea and sweets. When a guard barged in saying that one of the rebel leaders was captured.

“Ah, wonderful! Thank you,” Starlight praised, overjoyed by the news, “don’t mind me, Winter, I will be back! I just have a few things to take care of. Look after one another,” she instructs, leaving Winter with her Equal counterpart.

Just then, Fluttershy came into the room after separating from her friends and fetching more food and drinks for the two Winters. “I’ll keep you company, I've even brought more refreshments!” she spoke quietly with a smile, “I hope you will join us Winter~.” As Fluttershy says that, Winter could hear the mantra in her head.

"I'm already starting to feel at home here Fluttershy, how are the animals?" she asked.

“Oh, they are doing great! We all look after them here, since I’m no better than anypony else, we don’t have to worry about being the only one to look after them!” She says sitting with Winter, “Winter, in your world do you have any friends?”

“A few yes, I was friends with the Fluttershy there! She owns an animal sanctuary called, 'The Sweet Feather Sanctuary,' and looked after all creatures great and small with the Ponyville veterinarian! I often came over to help too,” she replies sheepishly, remembering her old home.

“I once had that dream, but I’m glad I gave it up. Starlight showed me the truth.” Fluttershy stated, humming the "Our Town," song. Along with the other Winter.

“It can still be a reality, we can all work together to build it so that the animals can live happily as we do!” Winter prompted.

“Exactly!" Fluttershy giggled happily, "that’s what’s great, Equality doesn’t mean giving up what you love it just means sharing and kindness,”

Hearing all this, Winter couldn't help but agree as she got along with her new friends over tea...

~~~

Eclipse and the other two EMR members were waiting, one ear against a door, “if I’m right this should be the entrance to the basement of the castle, thanks again buddy,” he whispers as he looks at the map and then at Nullah. On it was their designated route marked with crayon doodles done by Nullah who was very proud of his work. He wagged at the praise and received a boop from his favorite pony ever.

“But they already know we're here! They might be waiting for us..” whispered a distressed Applebloom. Nullah put on a stethoscope, placing the chestpiece end on the door to listen. Hearing nothing, he nodded to Eclipse, confirming the halls were empty.

“It’s ok we’re clear,” assured Eclipse. The other two were more skeptical.

Thankfully he was in his unicorn form, it was the best choice so he could use his magic. “We don’t even know where they are!” Applebloom argued. But Eclipse let Nullah down, wearing their black ninja costume and it instinctively went through a small hole and into the halls of the palace. Eclipse’s horn glowed and he closed his eyes, now seeing through Nullah’s eyes as he slithered through the galleries, looking for Winter and avoiding guards.

Nullah was slithering around, he was able to not be spotted by staying in the shadows. He peeked through the doors and rooms, despite being a palace the place was not decorated with only Equal posters and Starlight Statues.

They saw in one room, a group of ponies who all looked mesmerized, they all were sitting in chairs watching a screen that had a spiral and repeated the phrase, "Equality is Happiness," over some speakers. Then the ponies repeated it in unison. Eclipse quavered; it was clear Starlight had a few ways to brainwash the masses. Suddenly the voices stopped as a door opened.

“LET ME GO! JUST LEAVE US ALONE!” Sweetie Belle snapped as she was being dragged into the room as well, thrashing and blasting the guards with her horn. They had magic blocker rings for rebellious unicorns and they struggled to put one on her.

“This is wrong! Can't you see she's trying to manipulate all of you?!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed. They pay her no attention as she kicks one of them, but the other places the ring on her horn. Causing her to not be able to use magic. Sweetie Belle froze in shock and it allowed them to get her strapped down into an empty chair.

“Don’t worry you will be a great member of our family! One of us~,” they reiterate, as they leave her to watch the screen.

Eclipse shutters at what was happening, “what should I do? I've never had to look out for anypony but myself... I could help Sweetie, but if I do, I might be too late for Winter!”

"NO!!! LET ME GO!!! PLEASE!!! SOMEPONY HELP!!!" She screamed, thrashing even more before a Guard came with a face frame to force her eyes open and to look forward at the screen, even gagging her to shut her up.

In another room, Starlight used her magic to remove the cutie marks of everypony in there making it look as if they just vanished. Sweetie's flank formed the Equal sign. Her magic abilities were restricted, becoming equally powered as any other unicorn. Sweetie watches the screen the captivating spiral and a soothing voice as her colors faded from the loss of her mark. The speakers began playing again, everypony there repeating "Equality Equals Happiness." Sweetie Belle found it hard to think as the words were entering her mind, the mark making her feel good the more she let the ideas enter her mind.

"Eclipse, what's going on?" Applebloom asked unsure what was happening, "did you find something?"

“It’s Sweetie they're trying to brainwash her!” He exclaims worriedly
“She’s on floor 3!”

"We have to help her! We're going in ahead to save Sweetie and the others. You find Winter and get out!" Scootaloo ordered to Eclipse.

He nods “Go! Nullah will help you,” he says, really only wanting to help Winter. Apple Bloom puts a hoof on Eclipse “good luck” she says then hurries off.

~~~
While her new friends were being manipulated, Starlight went below the palace dungeons that were converted to the cutie mark vault. She put the cutie marks in their respective place depending on their talents. This was how their kingdom ran, in order to properly provide for everyone.
Starlight created machines powered by cutie marks so that they could have food, clothes, and beautiful flowers in the streets. Even to control the weather to provide rain, clouds, sun, and snow!

The crown jewel of the cutie marks was the marks of the former Princess Luna and Celestia, which were in a huge vault. They launched a huge magical beam that let day and night still happen.

Starlight used her magic, to see Winters walking alongside Fluttershy. She gives an evil Smirks
“This one will be so important! When she joins us, we will get her friend too! Who must be powerful to come here and soon I’ll show every creature of every reality what true friendship is....”
~~~

Winter was given a room in the palace until she found a place of her own. Fluttershy walks her in after her, “of course, you can have your own home but I hope you will be comfortable here for now... Winter I know you might not be convinced but believe me, it’s better like this. You and Eclipse could be here forever happy and together!” she proudly proclaimed.
All the books were the same with equality marks, with different kinds of Equal propaganda posters on the walls. Winter walked around the room, even hopping onto the bed which was decently comfy. "Thank you Fluttershy, do you think you could show me where the animals are later?"

“Of course! Since we are all Equal, we have access to everything! There are no secrets, no out of bounds, we are all the same,” she agreed, coming to hug Winter, “Equality Equals Happiness, after wall,” Fluttershy whispers to her, before walking out smiling, leaving Winter to settle in. Relaxing music would play in Winter's room, it had a nice repetitive beat sending subliminal messages.

A screen turns on showing a movie about how Starlight saved Equestria and with her influence made it in harmony. On a table next to her bed there was a pamphlet that shows the different haircuts you could get. There only used to be five different styles, but now there was six! One more!

Winter's hair was still really short. She liked her pixie cut! It helped to keep strands out of her face in order to take care of the animals. So she couldn't have them until they grew out. She flipped through other books but they were all the same. The closet there had some raggedy clothes to wear if she wanted.

The only good thing that was left was her leftover sweets and tea! Winter happily helped herself to them and ate as many as she wanted. This place really wasn't that bad!

~~~

Eclipse waited for a guard to pass, pulling him into a broom closet and knocking them out, taking their uniform. He had read a lot about Changelings and Discord taught him how to change his appearance to whatever he wanted as long as he focused. So he turned into the guard and walked out in hopes of finding Winter, putting a wide smile on his face.

Eclipse continued to patrol the halls, “shame Nullah is helping the others, it’s gonna take me a while to look through all this,” he thought.

He just had to act as normal in this world as possible. His eyes widened seeing Winter walk around the corner with Fluttershy but she looked gray! “So...since the other Winter might be staying, does this mean we’ll be twin sisters?” The Equal winter asked Fluttershy.

Fluttershy giggled, “probably! That sounds fun!”

Eclipse discretely followed then, “I’m too late!... maybe I should just leave.....I’ve made a mess,” He sighs to himself quietly with a frown.

"I've always wanted a sister of my own! Not that I don't consider my other friends as close sisters, well...you know what I mean," Winter giggled as they kept walking.

“I do hehe, maybe I’ll get one as well! It’s shocking to know that there are places that don’t have it as good as us...I hope we can help them,” Fluttershy says as they keep walking, Eclipse followed at a distance. The speakers play more music with lyrics about sameness and peace, and they sang along happily.

“Well she seems happy maybe..” he shakes his head “now come on Eclipse, don't let them get to you! They’ve been brainwashed and I got to help!" He goes over to the two mares, then he saw Winter's flank, it had an equal sign. That didn't make sense, that couldn't happen unless there was a cuttie mark to remove and replace. His Winter didn't have a mark!

Unless...this wasn't his Winter! Which meant, he still had a chance to save her!! Filled with newfound hope, he turned around to find her. Determined to take her home safe and sound away from this terrible place!

Meanwhile, the EMR finally reached the room they saw Sweetiebell and the others they all seemed to have those huge grins, and Nullah looked concerned.
“Oh no I hope we’re not too late,” Scootaloo said, as a shadow overtook them, “why hello my little ponies what are you doing?” They looked back to see Celestia! Along with Luna! The fillies gulped at this and backed away, only to bump into Cadence!

“Hello little, one please join us,” she asked kindly but it sounded more like a demand. The two princesses started chanting "one of us."

Scoots tried to bolt for it but as she did more ponies started to appear slowly approaching them.

"We gotta... Applebloom!” She yelled as Applebloom was held by Sweetiebell who had now been brainwashed, “join us Scoots! join our family Equality Equals happiness!” she could not escape...... Scootaloo screamed then as the equal ponies overwhelmed her.

~~~
Eclipse soon found her after checking the rooms, finding her eating the cookies while watching the movie. Eclipse walked in and transformed to his normal look “Winter!” He says as he hugs her.

"Oh! Eclipse! You have to try these!!" Winter says motioning to the sweets, even offering one but he swatted it away. "These chocolates are amazing!... I think they're chocolates?.."

“What are you doing?! You can’t eat that! It might be poison or something!!"

“Awe~ that’s a waste of a good cookie,” Winter pouts. Eclipse was quick to teleport the treats somewhere else.

“Winter are you ok? Did they hurt you?” He asks with genuine concern.

“I’m fine! Better than ever Eclipse! I finally found where I belong!!” She beams, her smile growing wider.

“Oh no, they got to you... Winter, you belong in Equestria!.......well the other Equestria, you know?” He saw the smile, and whilst he thought she was cute he wasn’t sure what to say, “you know this place is wrong right?”

“But I belong here, I’m accepted and I don’t have to worry about finding my cutie mark,” she says walking away to the window. Eclipse turns off the screen.

“But isn’t it like, I don't know... isn’t it bad I mean?... if you stay here I’ll lose you... I don’t want to be alone...” he admitted.

“Then stay! Stay with me and everyone else! We’ll be happy here! And you’ll have so many friends and family!!” She pleaded excitedly.

“I.....but.....” he wasn’t sure the idea of settling down with Winter in a place like this sounded nice but it wasn’t right, “Winter I’m not a normal pony they won’t... and I love traveling”

Starlight then walked into the room smirking as Winter fell more and more, her smile widening. Winter looked up seeing Starlight and grew excited, “Starlight can fix that by taking your cutie mark!!” Winter turned him around to face the powerful unicorn. Who levitated her staff at the ready.

“Huh? “ he said surprised and before he could do anything, Starlight quickly used the staff on him and removed his cutie mark making him grow gray and lose his magical talents.
Winter watched the brainwashing kick in more, making her feel more compliant and her expression becoming more like the other ponies.

“One of us Eclipse,” Winter recited, "one of us," she kept chanting with others including the EMR all three of them the same as the others as they all entered the room, leaving Eclipse no way out. Nullah slithered in, between ponies legs and up around Eclipse’s neck terrified, shaking like a leaf.

“One of us” they all chanted over and over. There was nowhere Eclipse couldn’t run or fly out! He tried opening the window but it didn't have any openings. He tried using his magic to dimension-hop again but the equal mark was preventing him from doing so.hiding to a corner The ponies getting closer and closer feeling hypnotic magic he started to fall mesmerised. He was surrounded...

Starlight smiles and laughs in triumph, staring at her newly acquired cutiemark. She could just feel its raw power!!! With this, the world!.. no... the whole multiverse would soon be hers!!

…………..

Author's Note:

Is this the end?! Stay tuned to find out….