• Published 1st Oct 2022
  • 326 Views, 6 Comments

Guardians of the beyond VOL I - Red24



The Child of Midnight Sparkles travels and goes Adventures through the multiverse, though he bumps into a pony that will change his life ….

  • ...
 6
 326

Book II Chapter IV “Winters Wrap up”

Eclipse was a bit perplexed when Winter explained this winter wrap-up business but it sounded fun!! “Soo….it sounds cool I guess, but like, that sounds like much soo work, and I’m not that strong honestly,” he said and Nullah nodded.

“Well, you can help with the animals. And if you were a Pegasus you could clear the clouds!! But you’re stuck as a unicorn,” she teased, putting her vest on.

He chuckled “well I could just…” He then magically made a ribbon wrap around her “I just wrapped up Winter!” He teases and winks.

She gave him an annoyed and slightly amused look with the bow, raising a brow at him. “Haha, not the first time someone's done that,” she says sticking her tongue out at him.

Meanwhile, a certain draconequus was lounging on the couch watching the two from the magic mirror.
“Smooth son you got her all wrapped up,” he said as he ate popcorn.

Eclipse chuckles, then had an idea, “oh I know!! I’ll be back.” he then teleports leaving her there still wrapped up. She worked to get it off her before heading to Ponyville and reporting for animal waking duty. Being a somewhat helper of Fluttershy it was obvious she belonged in the animal care team.
The town got together to start the winter wrap-up, they all got together as there was going to be an announcement on who would be the new team organizer, Everyone was excited and speculating on who it would be.

There were some candidates of course to run for it. And then the ponies would decide who they wanted.
They all walked up to the town hall and to her surprise Eclipse was there! He came confidently. Nullah was with him too.

“There’s no way,” she shook her head as he stood with the others. "Then again I should've known,"

“Hello!” He greets enthusiastically, but the others were less so. Keeping a more serious appeal, only wanting to get things done efficiently.

“So everypony it’s time to choose the new team organizer! So vast your votes” the mayor announced.

Wanting to be supportive of her friend, Winter voted for Eclipse. Everyone put the candidates' names in. Mayor Mare pulled one out and looked at the writing. “Eclipse!!” She announced. The 'I' was dotted with a snowflake.
Eclipse saw and smiles he giggles seeing the writing, knowing who it belonged to. Mayor Mare counted the rest and Eclipse won!
He was given the vest to wear and the clipboard to keep track of everything. Eclipse felt proud! Some were actually relieved as they didn’t feel confident, but those who did want the position felt a little envious of Eclipse but congratulated him anyway.

“Thank you, every creature taking part this year! I will make this the best wrap-up ever!”
They cheered joyously before they went to their respective stations. Winter was in charge of checking up on all the animals after they’d been woken up.

Eclipse started to give instructions and plan he was rather good at it and ponies seemed to like him.
“So, I hope the new position looks good on me?” he asks Winter as he was passing by to check on their progress.


“Hmmm, the vest isn’t really your style but hey! Still looks good on you,” she compliments, checking on a sick bunny.

“Thank you, since I’m trying to be more responsible, I thought I’d organize everything. Now that’s a responsibility! And I stayed up last night and planned everything!...thank Twilight I got voted in,” he laughs realizing if he hadn’t all that work would have been for nothing! “Anyway, I’m going to check on the weather ponies, you guys are doing great!”
Nullah saluted then went to go wake up the snakes he had an adorable little vest on as he wanted to be involved, it even said 'official boop'. Winter sewed it herself!
Eclipse trotted away and she turned back to her work, looking from animal to animal. A little bear cub came up to her along with his mother and siblings.

“Okay little one, saw Ahhh!!” Winter instructs. The little cub opened its mouth when something sped past in a golden blur, causing it to roar in fright. Scaring all the other animals, making them all panic and scramble around. “No!! It's okay!! HEY!!!” Winter yelled at the pegasus that flew by.
They had a golden orange coat that had lighter sandy splotches over her body and hooves. Her mane was a red-orange that faded to a lighter orange while her tail was pink fading to magenta; both had pink streaks fading white. Her wings had black ends. Emerald eyes as she looked down at the stopwatch around her neck. She wore a blue vest meaning she was part of the weather team.

“Did I look good? Darn, I think that’s a new record!!” This pony says looking at a stopwatch and ignoring Winter. Nullah concerned tries to help the other animals calm down, obviously not using his powers to avoid suspicion.
The new Pegasus looks around at the chaos, “Wow... whoever is waking the animals is doing a terrible job, this is a mess!”

“Hey!!!” Winter flew up to her, “I was in the middle of check-ups and you disturbed them!!” Winter exclaimed, fuming in frustration.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I mean I kinda woke them up quicker?” she chuckles, “I mean you are behind on time; Have you looked at the schedule Eclipse made?” she asks in a little snarky tone, showing Winter the clock on her stopwatch

“I’m doing just fine!! I’m part of the animal team that does check-ups on all the animals! And shouldn’t you be clearing the clouds or something?” She argued.

“Pfft yeah, I know I read the details. This new guy is very thorough and you are 5 minutes behind. I got all of my area done already, so I was told to come here to help though I might test my speed!”

“Caring about animals is not about speed miss?” Winter raised a brow, gathering up some of the bunnies in her hooves.

She rolled her eyes, “actually if you know what you're doing you can care for them and be gentle and efficient at the same time! We have to work as a team here,” she sighed shaking her head. Landing close to Winter, “look maybe we got on the wrong hoof. I’m Summer Jubilee! What’s your name? I feel like I've seen you somewhere before...” She said trying to be friendly.

“Winter Sea and I appreciate the help but as I said, you have to take your time with these animals,” she turns away and put the bunnies down by their parents before working to calm down the other animals. Winter knew she thought this pegasus looked familiar. Summer was also the daughter of a Wonderbolt, Spitfire. Winter had seen her a few times at the few Wonderbolt events she attended with her parents. Why was she in Ponyville?

“Oh yeah! Northwind and Ocean Rose's kid! Anyway, I noticed that the new team organizer? I think is more nervous than he lets on, so I think we should be more efficient! I’ll go wake up the hedgehogs!” she volunteers as she flew to them. Nullah was by the snake whole and was leading the other snakes out, he looked proud and smiled then booped each snake's nose as they slithered out to count them.

Winter thought Summer would not do great but Summer actually seemed to be waking the hedgehogs up really well, using thick hoof covers to protect her from the pricks. She seemed to do it rather fast but also caringly they looked happy and sniffed the air.
They were brought over to Winter and the other nursing team members who checked them all. They were back on schedule with Summer’s help and once all the animals woke up she went to help elsewhere. Winter was still annoyed that she just barged in thinking they couldn’t do the job themselves.

All ponies worked hard and Summer was proving very popular with everyone.
“Yes, I took a whole class on learning about animals from Fluttershy’s curriculum. I wanted to make sure I knew how to do it correctly,” she told others about how much work she put in.

“Wow! that’s amazing! Why do you put in so much work?” A random pony asks.

“Well, being a descendant of the great Spitfire, I have to be the top! I have a legacy to maintain,” the other ponies found it amazing she was related to a famous pony! But, Winter who had been watching from the side was not so impressed; but more annoyed as Summer turned her the wrong way.

“Hey, I’m related to a famous pony too!” Winter muttered to herself in annoyance. At least she didn’t rub it in other creatures' faces!!! After taking care of the animals, she took Nullah with her to find Eclipse and tell him they were finished, only to see Summer there with him.

“Eclipse!!!” Winter called but Summer zoomed past her and stopped in front of the unicorn.

“All the animals have been woken up, checked, fed, and treated!!” She reports.

Eclipse was surprised for a second then smiled as he looked at a watch, “Really! Amazing! That’s the fastest it’s ever been done!”

Summer looked proud, “thanks sir” she winked at him rather familiarly like “honestly, some of the attendants were being a bit slow and could have taken the job more seriously but we got it!”

Eclipse beamed, checking his list then replies.“Fantastic! Thank Twilight you were there! Winter is now almost wrapped up!” the two of them seemed pretty happy.

Winter couldn’t help but feel a bit green with jealousy and annoyance. She didn’t like this at all. She fluttered over right away. “Not completely!! We still have to check all the migrating birds once they’ve returned, and all the snow has been thawed!”

“Oh, I already checked that, I went ahead to see how they’re doing and it seems smooth…it will be easy to check them once they arrive. I mean it is recommended in Fluttershy's book to check early. I'm kinda surprised you didn’t know Winter?” Summer asks confused but also surprised since Winter spent the most time with Fluttershy.

Eclipse nodded, “Well maybe she hadn’t read that part, but hey! good job Summer, you have made my first, Winter Wrap-up so much easier!”

Summer smiles “aww thanks Eclipse! But it’s no problem, I know you’re new so I wanted to make it as easy for you as possible!”

Winter just stood there feeling a little left out as if she’s been ignored, Eclipse noticed after Nullah booped him to get his attention about the other pegasus. “Oh, you did a great job, Winter! Both of you should work together on the finishing touches,” he suggests excitedly.

“Gladly.” She muttered flying off. If she had hands she would be clenching them. She went ahead to check on the new nests but Summer was already there helping!!! So she decided to put some of the nests in the trees instead. But once she covered a tree, Summer did the whole grove!! Even Fluttershy and all the other team members thanked her and turned to her for a problem.
Winter landed on the ground watching all the members of the animal team turn to Summer for help, completely forgetting her. Sure she wasn't as fast as Summer, but she still did her best and only wanted to help...

Most of the snow had gone and the green grass and flowers bloomed beautifully, the plant team toiled the ground to plant the seeds for this year's harvest. Winter hadn’t been able to do much though as Summer had either already done it before the day had started, or was pretty much finished. Not only was she fast but she didn’t seem to ever screw up.

Eventually, she flew down to see Winter, “Hey! Want to help me with the last task of flying the geese here? I mean, to be honest, you have kinda slacked off a bit, no offense!” yet it sounded like she was taking offense.

“Sure, why not,” she mumbled before flying up north to meet up with the geese. Summer flying close behind. They soon met with the geese' flocks, they were a bit out of formation so Winter tried to get them back in their proper migration pattern.
But of course, being geese, they were mean and didn’t like being told what to do and often tried to peck Winter. Some got close to her eyes a couple times.

“No, no, you're doing it completely wrong! Don’t you spend time with Fluttershy in real life?” Summer asked shaking her head, looking concerned, “to care for animals you have to be on their level,” she said as she flawlessly started to get them into patterns; being assertive but kind and getting specially prepared geese food which of course she made herself, and getting their attention.
“You know you're so lucky you get to spend time with the real Fluttershy! Most of us never get that chance but that’s why we learn everything we can right!” She says sounding rather envious yet almost scolding Winter as they flew, guiding the geese fully.

Winter slowly stopped as Summer led the way. Watching as they all followed her back to Ponyville. Summer happily landed on the field and awarded the geese their food for their long travel. Eclipse coming to see how things were going.

“All geese present and accounted for!!" Summer reports with a salute, "And with that, I think we can finally say winter is officially wrapped!! They would’ve never gotten here without me right?” Summer says proudly, turning to where she presumed Winter was, but the blue Pegasus was nowhere to be found.

“Definitely! Great work!….didn’t Winter help you?” Eclipse asks checking the box off.

“She was... but I don’t know... honestly, I think she takes being with Fluttershy for granted,” she said shrugging it off.

“Well I don’t know, maybe she just woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Sleep ‘twas a great burden’,” he Quotes.

“And thou art feel its pain,” Summer replies knowing the classics, “I think I’m gonna like you,” Eclipse smiles

But still, he wondered where Winter had gone. Everything was finishing up nicely and it was growing late no less. Everyone thanked Eclipse for being that year's organizer as well as Summer for all the help. But Eclipse began to worry when no one knew where Winter had gone.

He thought and since Winter was nowhere to be seen he went to Nullah. “Wominjeka Nullah, can you help me track Winter? I’m a little worried...” Nullah looked a little uninterested “hey you help me find her you will get two more snake cookies than normal.” Nullah then agreed and being a master hunter as his name suggests, showed Eclipse where Winter was.
It led them to the Everfree forest, he had heard tales of the place from every creature especially his father after the chaos he cause with his plunderseeds. But Eclipse pressed on, Winter could be in trouble for all he knew, and Summer didn’t know!!! So he followed Nullah through the forests between trees, when there was a mighty roar in the distance and hurried to where it came from. A large cave was the source as he looked inside.

“Good evening, did you have a nice hibernation?” He heard Winter’s voice from inside. Heading in he stopped and hid seeing a large, purple bear covered in stars, a large one on its forehead as it stretched. It then turned to the smaller blue one beside it. Winter flew down to caress its head, “wake up little one, the cold season is over and the stars are beautiful tonight,” she chided gently.

Eclipse came in quietly not wanting to disturb whatever was going on, Nullah was interested and tilted his head watching. The little Ursa Minor then yawned as well, waking up from its long nap.

Winter smiled then, “evening little cub,” she says gently, bopping their nose.

Nullah slid up and looked at Winter nuzzling her hoof Eclipse smiled with a sigh, happy Winter was ok! He walked up “hey Winter,” he says softly, not wanting to startle the large star bears.

“Eclipse!” She exclaims surprised and lands, “what are you doing out here?”

“Well, you weren’t at the end gathering for winter wrap-up and no one knew where you were, and well… I was worried something might have happened... I hope you're ok?..” he asks very sincerely.

“I’m alright,” she assures, moving aside for the Ursa Major to nuzzle the Minors head, urging them to stand up so they could go outside and run across the night sky.

He looked relieved, “so what is this place?” He looked at the great creatures before him, Nullah went to a minor and booped its nose.

“This is the home of Ursa Major and Ursa Minor!” she explains looking at the creatures.

“It’s amazing I've always wanted to see them in person. You look after them?”

“Oh! No, I just came across it after Summer…” she trailed off falling silent.

“Ah, that’s ok,” he went up to her and gave her a hug, “I’m just glad you're alright.... you mean a lot to me...” it was clear how much he cared. Winter's heart fluttered a little having a pony care so deeply for her she was not used to it, but she felt such a connection. The Ursa Major and Minor were now moving slowly outside.

She hugged back too but pulled away so they could follow them out. It was like they were stepping on invisible steps as they floated up to the sky, leaving behind a trail of stardust. “Beautiful isn’t it?”

Eclipse watched it in awe, “This is why I want to see the Universe Winter, it’s magic is a gift to us all,” he smiles “a bit like you,”

“What?! Pfft!! yeah right, if anyone is a gift it’s Summer!!” She laughed nervously and annoyed, trying to hide her blush. Eclipse looked rather majestic in the moonlight, his scruffy mane flowed in the wind. For Winter, it was like her heart raced again just looking at him.

“Well yeah but to me, you mean the multiverse,” he said as he felt such a great sense of happiness and calmness more than he ever had. He shook his head and blushed, “yes well... it’s cold so we umm, better get home hehe...”


“Yeah! Totally!!! Before the Timberwolves come out cause we’d be screwed then,” she chuckled anxiously, leading the way back to Ponyville. From there they went their separate ways and were blushing red messes. Eclipse at home smiled. He had not fully comprehended his feelings yet but, deep down; there was something there.

Winter looked over her desk to a photo she put up from Hearth’s Warming Eve, in town when she took a photo with Eclipse. And to the cloak hanging on her wall with the pendant he gifted her.

She would find it hard to sleep now, she came to know how she really felt about Eclipse, it thankfully though made a bad day better.

“Sweet Twilight…I like him…”