• Published 25th Sep 2022
  • 151 Views, 20 Comments

A Family Curse - Creativa-Artly01



It’s a new day when V starts feeling off more than normal, and he immediately knows something is up. What will happen when he brings it up to his family?

  • ...
 20
 151

A Bizarre Visit

A day after V’s return to the studio, the Colts hear a knock at the door. “This is the government police, open up,” hollers the pony on the other side of the door. V cowers in fear behind his Jin and RM Hyungs.

“It’s probably a mix up, Bear,” they say to try to calm V back down. “Just go to your room with Jimin and lock the door.” V nods and follows Jimin to their room where the two soon lock each other inside. Once he’s sure they’re gone, RM opens the door to the officials.

“What do you want?” RM inquires of the tall unicorn before him. “We’re just a bunch of singers, performers. Why do you come to our door?”

“Because you’re harboring a monster, and we just wanted to make sure everypony was in one piece,” they respond. “There have been Tiger sightings around these parts recently you know.”

“I’m well aware,” responds RM, “but I assure you, we’re fine here. Good day.” With that, he slams the door in the face of the police and the police head on their way.

“Uncooperative little colt,” groans the lead officer of the force. “We’ll need to draw out and dispose of the Tiger a different way because clearly coming to his doorstep didn’t work.” They return to their office to come up with a plan B.

RM, on the other hoof goes to check on Taehyung. He enters the room where he finds Jimin cradling a terrified Taehyung in his hooves. “He was here for me, wasn’t he?” Taehyung inquires, his voice shaking. “They want to kill me, don’t they?”

“Yes, and I’m afraid so,” sighs RM, “but we will do all we can to protect you. I promise.”

“Okay,” responds Taehyung his voice still shaking. He’s absolutely terrified. “Good, because I’ve never hurt anypony. Not that I’m aware of, anyways. I was always in bed at home most of the time. I swear.”

“And I believe you, Bear,” responds RM reassuring Taehyung. “We’ll get this handled. I promise.” He comes over to comfort the red unicorn as well. “When it comes to our own, we fight hoof and nail to protect each other and keep each other safe. Now is no different. I assure you.”

“Okay, good,” responds Taehyung through the sniffles. RM then leaves the room, leaving the soulmates alone so Taehyung can call his dad.

“Appa,” says Taehyung over the phone. “Are you there?”

“Yes, I’m here son, what’s wrong? I hear trembling in your voice.”

“Well, the government police want to kill me,” responds Taehyung. “Is there something about the Tiger that you still aren’t telling me? I just got my own amulet and everything, so it’s under control now, but am I missing something? Is it more than just a physical transformation? What am I missing? What can’t I figure out?”

“That would be the blackouts,” responds his father, “the times you lose complete control. It’s when the Tiger spirit is in complete control, blood hungry, savage, ravenous.”

“So the Tiger could kill somepony, anypony without me knowing?” Inquires V his voice quaking.

“Yes,” responds his father. “It’s all part of the curse. I was hunted by the government police all those years ago too. It just comes with the territory of this curse, unfortunately. I’m sorry, my son.” With that, Taehyung’s father hangs up leaving him cold and with more questions than answers once more.

Taehyung breaks down in tears once more in Jimin’s hooves. He’s absolutely terrified. “They’re, they’re going to kill me,” he wails. “I…I’m done for.”

“But the killing was the Tiger, not you, you heard your dad over the phone, we both did,” responds Jimin.

“Yeah, I know,” responds Taehyung, “but that doesn’t matter to the government police apparently. To them, I’m as responsible for the deaths as my Tiger is, and I…I just don’t know how to deal with…how to cope with that.”

“There, there,” Jimin reassures Taehyung, continuing to comfort him. “We’ll get this figured, squared away. We always do. Together. I promise.”

“Yeah, like your small pinkie?” Inquires Taehyung through the sniffles and sobs.

“We remain as one,” responds Jimin changing the lyric a little bit, “forever and for always.” The two share a hug. They then go to eat lunch with the rest of the Colts on the floor of the dance studio just like the good old days.

Meanwhile at his family home, Taehyung’s father explains the situation to his wife. “The government police are after our son because of the things the Tiger did during his blackouts, not unlike how they did with me all those years ago.”

“Yet another reason you should’ve helped him sooner,” responds his wife annoyed. “Hell! We needed to sneak him out of the house even to find a different enchantress to help him get the amulet he now has because you refused to help our son!” She then storms out the room, slamming the door in his face with a thud as she leaves.

Meanwhile at the government police office, the officers begin coming up with a second plan. “We need to separate him from the others,” explains the chief, that tall unicorn from before Officer High Cloud.

“But how?” Inquires his number two. “Those ponies are inseparable, especially when it comes to that red stallion and his little Pegasus friend.”

“True,” responds Officer High Cloud. “Now to figure out how to separate them all, so we can kill the monster once and for all.” They head off for a lunch break to try to ponder it some more so they can at least start putting the second plan into place.