• Published 22nd Oct 2022
  • 892 Views, 46 Comments

Restart: After it all. - Netap



With Discord finally defeated, Zephyr Breeze retires to a small town to hopefully live the rest of his life in peace.

  • ...
2
 46
 892

Chapter 1

How long has it been?
A year? Two years? Three? Ten?
Zephyr Breeze stopped counting.

Every time he gets close to beating him, to stopping him, delaying him even. He dies.
He fails.
Again and again and again, Over and Over.

A snapped neck, a bomb exploding prematurely,being dissolved in acid, having his skin turn inside out.
If you can think of a way to die, Zephyr Breeze has probably been through it.

And when he finally succeeded, after years of reliving the same fourteen days over and over, It was over. No big celebration for finally saving the world, Not even a card saying Good Job.

Because nobody knew that Zephyr saved the world, And if things are to continue as they are, Nobody will.

Zephyr Breeze was pathetic.

Everybody who knew him could agree, Zephyr Breeze was a waste of space.
Even his Parents didn't love him as much as they loved his sister.
because why would they? She was an Element of Harmony, one of Equestria's six magical guardians of friendship.

And he was a Pegasus with the Talent of special talent of Giving Up.

Maybe that was why Discord chose him to try and change the fate of the world, Have the least talented pony do something that requires talent.

What a joke.

Even his win against Discord was pathetic.
Using his life as some sort of show to watch, as he tries in different ways to stop him from ruining everything he holds dear.

The Sick Fuck.

But never mind that, It's over, Discord was defeated.
Zephyr was free.

And as he looked at the large check of lottery winnings he collected by memorizing the winning numbers and the suitcase that he packed, He knew he had to leave his dingy apartment in Manehatten.

Even if the chaos spirit was no longer there, he couldn't remain in that terrible apartment, hoping that the chaos spirit wouldn't come back into his life with a large neon sign proclaiming that the last few years of torture were just a prank.

He had to move, Somewhere no pony would bother him anymore. Somewhere he could live out the rest of his pathetic life without having to worry about world ending monsters or reality warping spirits.

And as picked up his suitcases and pocketed the lottery winnings, he exited his apartment, leaving his old life behind him.

But not before telling his Landlord that he's no longer using the Apartment, don't want any bills stacking up.


Rockville is a small town at the outskirts of Western Equestria, And in that small town a rumor was spreading.

"Someone bought the old Cabin near the rock farm." One pony said, drinking from a mug of beer.

"I heard it's a Unicorn Wizard who's going to be doing experiments on rocks" Another spoke before taking a bite of a potato fry.

"I heard it's one of those Criminal ponies from Neigh York trying to escape the authorities" A third pony said their piece.

And now the conversation in the only bar of that sleepy town changed to the recent news of a criminal gang in Neigh York being arrested.

"Maybe, I heard the Guards got an anonymous tip about those fellas." One of the ponies at the bar said before taking a sip of his drink.

"That's an understatement, My Cousin's a detective over there, The guards have been trying to find enough evidence to get a warrant on those bunch, and suddenly they get a note with all the names they would ever need" Another Patron said, talking about how the tip gave them enough evidence to wipe out one of the biggest crime families in the city.

And as the talking continued and the night went on, The bar eventually closed for the night.

Two of the Patrons from the bar started walking home.
An older Earth Pony Stallion, His Grey Mane under a large hat. Besides him is a younger Earth Pony Mare, With a similar grey mane over a grey-purple coat.

"So what do you think about the new pony moving into the old Cabin?" The Mare asked the older Stallion.

"Limestone, You know that my thoughts on our new neighbor are meaningless as we have yet to meet." The Stallion replied.

"But they're going to be our neighbor, Don't you have any thoughts about that at least?" Limestone asked in return, Prodding the older pony for answers.

"Limestone, I am repeating myself, I do not have thoughts about the new Stallion" He told her.
"So he is a Stallion, huh." Limestone whispered to himself as she tried imagining the type of pony that would willingly move into Rockville, Coming up with a boring, rickety, old grandpa as an answer.

Of course he'd have to be old and boring, Nothing interesting ever happens in Rockville.
Limestone Pie scoffed in disappointment.


Zephyr Breeze walked off the train and onto the Rockville Station.
The building is made out of large slaps of stone and covered with a thatch roof.

Seeing a building this old puts a smile on his face.

Out Here in the small mining town near the border, Zephyr Breeze can live without ever needing to think about Discord.
He can stay mostly off the grid, The money from the lottery will keep him afloat for a number of years.

And until the money ran out, Zephyr Breeze will live in an old cabin he bought for sale near Pie Family Rock Farm.

After Zephyr arrives at his new home, and unpacks the little he carried with him, He's going to live without worrying about the Spirit.
He can't just do nothing but stay in a cabin all day, that will be suspicious, and if the ponies are suspicious they start asking questions, and when they starts asking questions his dream of living away from trouble would have failed.
He's going to have to socialize.

He could almost hear the Chaos Spirit snickering, but he knew it was just his head.

"Time for a fresh Restart" He whispered to himself as he walked down the dirt road into the town of Rockville.

Author's Note:

So yeah, this story is taking place in the same universe as my discontinued story, Restart.
Don't bother yourself with reading it, it's not that good.

Apparently when all of the stories you write involve comedy in some way or the other, trying to write a serious story about being stuck in a torturous time-loop is going to be hard, who would've guessed.

So this story will have a more lighthearted tone, It'll still have it's Darker moments, I hope I didn't misuse the tag, but it will mostly be a sort of Rom-Com.

But yeah, this is mostly a Pilot Chapter, to test the waters on this a bit.
So please tell me what you think.