• Published 13th Sep 2022
  • 3,325 Views, 48 Comments

Return of the Savior! Wait ME? - NnoDragonEclipse



Kitsune is the name of the savior. The one who brought light to the land. What does this have to do with me?

  • ...
7
 48
 3,325

The Feast

Even after all that time communicating with the Divine Seer there was still people at the door waiting for us to exit. Most have restarted the festival, thank God. Though a good thing is when I exited, they cheered and didn't bow. Some of them are even beckoning me to play some of their games. Divine Seer looks uninterested, but I can't hold up the hospitality that the others are showing me.

What is odd about the games is how similar they are to county fair back home. Throwing games that I don't know how they would play with hooves, water gun games, and prize games. Is that horseshoes? That is kind of funny that they have horseshoes considering that they're horses. On that note, do they have to wear horseshoes, or do they walk barefoot or hooved? Won't their hooves like get all banged up? I'll have to ask later.

Oh, look they have plushies for prizes! I love plushies let's see what they have. They have wolves, dragons, horses, elephants, griffons and more. It's funny how they have some predators in their selection considering what they are. Wait what is that in the sky? What, how can they fly with those wings? How are things being levitated up in the air with nothing supporting them? How are these horses doing all this? If they can levitate and fly, I may have to revise my time of escape to be much sooner.

Wait who is tapping me on the shoulder? Divine Seer, what does he want? He has a notebook with him, and he wrote something. The young, fun days. Celebrate arrival of new age. Old men reminiscing of their days long past, same in both worlds.

What new age are they celebrating? I start to write. I wonder if it is like New Year's or the fourth of July with how things are set.

We celebrate return of ruler; she was gone for long time but returned. Good to know that a new ruler has returned. Hopefully it is not like Napoleon coming back to France because I don't want to get suck in the middle of a war with every nation against me.

Cool, what is their name. Who says curiosity killed the cat, plus it would help to know who returned for later.

Princess Luna returned to her sister, Princess Celestia. Would help to know her sister's names. Good to know. Oh, look there are a lot of children staring at us. It would be creepy if they didn't have puppy dog eyes staring directly at me. These children look so cute! One of the little ones, a cream and brown maned unicorn, came up to speak with me.

<Hello lord Kitsune, can you tell us about your adventures please,> it looks like she asked me a question, though I don't know what she said. I looked towards Divine Seer for some clarification. He seemed to get the message.

They ask if you can tell story of how you got here. Divine clarified. That shouldn't be too hard, not a lot happened other than my close venture into god's territory. I started to write down my story so far talking about the castle, the walk in the forest, the encounter with wooden wolves and the dragon saving me. Divine Seer seemed to think for a while before telling my story to the kids.

<Today we have witnessed the glory of our Lord Kitsune, God of order, coming back to our realm. He has faced many trails over the years in the ninth realm that have weakened him. Even still he had enough will to come back to let us behold his glory! He returned from his exile in the most dangerous place in Equestria, the Everfree Forest!> that seemed to get a gasp out of them, <Not only that he was brutally attacked by Timberwolves, but he also fought bravely destroying the abominations that were created by the evil necromancer Bone Saw!>

I don't know what he said to get all the kids scared. What is he saying? <He fought hard but was overwhelmed in his weakened state. With his back to a river, he would stand his ground no matter the cost. When all seemed lost a mighty dragon came done to save him. With fiery heart that burned so hot that none of the wolves would survive for attacking its lord. Having saved his Lord Kitsune, the dragon flew him to our home for us to bath in his light! Kitsune has chosen to greet his subjects that he loves! So, love him as he loves us and show him the glory of the ponies we have become. Show him the love of what we have created!>

His last statement seemed to ignite cheering from all around us. I haven't even noticed others stopped what they were doing to listen to Divine. What did he say to ignite this crowd? Nothing I did would be worthy of praise. Please don't say he embellish the truth to make me more god-like, he must have. I might have to talk to him about that. I tap him on the shoulder and then point at the notebook. Did you tell them I did something God-like to get them to cheer like that.

He seemed confused by what I wrote. No, I told ponies to show you our realm, I want to show you our culture and our lives.

Oh, how nice of him but he is leaving out how he portrayed me as a god. He is going to be a pain in my ass with how he is portraying me. I will take up his offer of seeing how this world works, plus free food is free food and there is nothing wrong with that. I can see some of the horses even beckoning me to come with them. If this is anything like the fair back home, it's going to be fun.

I began to play some games, even won a plushie of a fox; what foxes are my favorite animal. The food was interesting with it being completely plant based. They had equivalents to hot dogs, cheeseburgers and more. The taste could be better, but I don't think they want their food to taste like meat in the first place. The day so easily turned to evening, bringing a nice orange glow to the plaza that everyone was now gathering at. Everyone was now getting a partner and I'm left with no one, so I walk my way to the back to just watch them. They begin with slow music that sound very familiar to what I hear in those cheesy romance movies my mom loves.

The way they slow dance is weird, two of them stand on their hind legs hold the other one up. It works but the way they look, belly to belly, doesn't look appropriate for a public setting. No, shut up idiot, stop thinking of these things. That's disgusting to even think about. I wish I knew how to dance but I won't even try with these new legs. At least there were others like me on the outside watching. Though the way the inside is looking into their partners eyes with a dreamy look in their eyes, almost makes me jealous that I don't have a partner back home.

The dance went on for a while, long enough for Divine to find me and watched with me. I took a glance at him and found that his eyes were a bit watery. Did he lose someone? At his age I would expect to lose someone I love. I moved a bit closer to him and wrapped my tails around him to give him a Sudō-hug. He turned to look at me with surprise, gave a little nod and leaned slightly into me. After all he has done for me, he deserves it, just for a little bit though. We stayed like that up until the dance was over.

The dance floor was soon evacuated, and a lot of tables were brought out to fill it. They even brought out food, was this the feast he was talking about earlier. It doesn't look like they have potatoes, damn. We all got seated, with me being the closest to the town hall. Divine Seer rose up to say something to the crowd, and everyone closed their eyes and bowed their heads. Shit, they are prayer. Quickly doing the same as to not be single out myself.

<Dear heavenly Mother, we gather here today to not only celebrate the return of a long-lost child of yours our princess Luna; we also celebrate the coming of your first-born child Kitsune. We are blessed to have him in our town and are grateful for hosting him. We have prayed for many years for his safe return to our realm and our prayers have not been unfounded. While the road has been hard for all of us, you have led us on a prosperous path. With bountiful harvests and beautiful days, you have blessed us to this day.>

<We now ask of you favor to bless the food that we have laid out to nourish and strengthen the bodies of all those who partake. We ask of you bless for bountiful harvests for the rest of the year. We ask for the young to be strong and healthy. In the name of Faust, amen.>

<Amen,> the people repeated back. After that, conversations resumed, and people began eating. I just sat back and looked around for a moment. These people look so happy, with their smiling faces and their loving laughs. I don't think I can leave in the middle of the night without saying goodbye to them, I don't want to break their hearts.

I just sat back taking in the atmosphere while eating small bites. The food tastes a bit wonky but that could be my new taste buds. I wish I was home with my family having this moment with them. I miss them. I got a tap on the shoulder by Divine. Are you fine, my lord? Your eyes are water.

Glad to know he cares about me; I quickly wiped my eyes and wrote back. No, everything is perfect.

He drew close and laid his head on me. I guess fair is fair, so I lean back into it. We spent most of the feast like this, both of us taking small bites. We didn't write much but there wasn't a need to. I don't want to break his heart; I'll stay for as long as I can. The night soon came, and cleanup was soon called. Everyone pitted in to help, though my help was limited. Soon everyone went home, and I was led back into the town hall. Instead of taking a left up the stair we took a right. The hall was lined with doors though most we ignored. halfway done the hall Divine stopped and opened the door to the left and ushed me in.

I sorry for bad room. No time to make special for you. He looked sad at that, but I gave him a little pet on the top of his head to show that his efforts were not in vain. He even seemed to like it for the way he smiled. I closed the door after he let me to my own devices. The room as he said was nothing special. While I have to guess why they made door twice the size of any one here it is convenient to not duck every time I go into a building. The bedroom was Lighty decorated with carpeted cream floors, a small mirror and a regular king-sized bed and not the fancy one at the castle. There was even a dresser even though from what I have seen no one wore clothes. A small window in the corner gave me a look into the village, showing me all the lights quickly turning off as people went to bed.

I stumbled my way into bed, the day has been tiring to say the least. In the beginning I was almost killed and the next I'm socializing with the townsfolk. This bed even has a blanket, even if it is awkward to get it over me even though it doesn't even fit over the tails. I like this place even with giant wood wolves that try to kill you. I would probably bring my sister Avery here for the nice vacation she deserves. I wish I could get back to my family. With the thing I have seen some of these creatures do, I could probably ask one of them to open a portal back.

I'll come home back to them one day though. Just not right now, my pillow is calling, and it must be answered. It wasn't long before I fell into a deep sleep.

Author's Note:

I might be a little late getting the new chapters out due to my new job, I'm hoping to at least be able to get one every week.