• Published 13th Sep 2022
  • 3,324 Views, 48 Comments

Return of the Savior! Wait ME? - NnoDragonEclipse



Kitsune is the name of the savior. The one who brought light to the land. What does this have to do with me?

  • ...
7
 48
 3,324

The Golden Throne

The castle was even more lush and luxurious up close. The walls looked like they were made of marble and the railings and accents of purple and gold. Whoever made this place had enough money to make a quarter of the castle gold. If I went back home with all this gold, I would be rich and crash the gold market in the process. If this is what the royals flash, what else do they keep in the vaults. I might just ask.

Why is there so much gold here Divine, back home this would be too expensive for even royals. That seem to confuse him. I'll let him stew over what I said for a little bit while I look more at this castle, wait no palace. It looked to have a massive garden and hedge maze too. For a city hooked onto a side of a mountain they made sure that who ever lived in this palace had enough space. It even reminds me of the palace in France, Versailles I think it is called. Damn, that is a lot of money that went into this place.

I got a tap on the shoulder from Divine, Gold is standard, cost not much, look good in sun. leader says we will land shortly. I feel like a codebreaker figuring out the enigma code sometimes when he writes. Sure, the meaning is there but half of it is scrambled and sounds like it is coming from a child. Why does gold cost nothing? Have I been told a lie on how valuable it is? I mean I know there is a lot of it but if they use it as a building material, what does that mean for back home?

I didn't have much time to think of what I been told as they did fast dive towards a platform. It was a pretty good size platform and looks like there are other chariots too. Too bad I didn't get over my fear of heights. It almost felt as I was weightless but locked in place by a seatbelt. Even Divine seemed like he might throw up. The smirking little unicorn captain on the other hand is trying to look stoic but secretly laughing at me. The bastard.

We landed with a quick little hop. God I'm going to throw up, never again will I get on a flying chariot ever again. I hate flying. I didn't even go on airplanes back home; I would just drive all the way to where I needed to go. I hate this horse society already if this is the main vessel of transportation. quickly hopped off the damned thing just to throw up. I got a little pat on the back by Divine who doesn't look that much better than me.

I even hear yelling behind. Taking a glance revealed this Shining fellow to be chewing out the pilots? What would they even be called when they are up front pulling. Still, they deserve it. They might have killed Divine and I with that stunt. Maybe only me as Divine has wings, even if they do look very fragile with how thin they are.

Looks like the greeting party is here. There were tons of guards towards the gate, two lines of guards on both sides of the gate facing inwards. At the gate had two giant horned unicorns, one was taller white unicorn with a flowing rainbow mane and the other was pink and shorter. The mane is blowing in a very shallow wind not enough to have it flow like that, how is that possible. The pink one looked like they were about to explode with nervousness but the white one was stoic. They wore crowns and what look to be a chest plate thingy around their necks. Definitely royalty. They must be Celestia and Luna if I remember right. Divine told me about how one just returned home. I wonder which one is which?

<Announcing Lord Kitsune, son of Faust, God of Order, creator of will and the guardian of life,> Jesus did they have to be so loud. The captain went up and talked a little bit to the princesses. God, I wish I knew what everyone was saying around me, it is almost like at my first job. I hate drama. Wait was that the captain taking looks at the pink one, and she knows with the hot look in her eyes when she turned to look at him. They defiantly have a thing going on. The white one didn't notice! How that was so obvious that the captain has the hots for her sister.

"Equestria welcomes you Lord Kitsune, I am princess Celestia, high priestess and Alicorn of the Sun," the taller white one said. She even did a little bow. Fuck. So, she is this Celestia I have heard about and that must mean the other one is Luna.

"I am princess Mi Amore Cadenza or Cadance for short, Alicorn of love," the shorter pink one struggled to get out with a bow. Who the fuck is that? I don't remember hearing about her. I turn to Divine for a second to see if he knew anything about this. I think I scared him a little bit with how he was now hiding behind his book.

"Hello, my name is Kevin Fahren and I think we have a massive misunderstanding on our hands," yeah being called their lord and savior is defiantly a misunderstanding. I'm just glad someone can understand me now.

"All will be answered shortly, Kevin. Will you please come with us, and we'll answer any question you would have," this Celestia asked. I don't have much to do other than follow them, wait they have Wings?! I just hope they have no one nearby when I tell them that I'm a joke. They started to lead us through the gate and through what looked like a courtyard for training the guards. Though none were training with all eyes on me, I hate this attention I'm getting.

"I heard that you had a sister named Luna, may I ask where she is?" I asked innocently. That got Celestia to stop for a moment. Candance just gave me a puzzled look, damn I thought she was fluent too.

"My faithful sister Luna is recovering. She is currently recovering from her sickness. She won't be able to speak directly to you for the next week. I'm sorry you won't be able to speak to her," there is more to this story than what she is saying. She sounded like a politician with that half-truth. We'll see what you're hiding. The inside of the castle was absolutely gorgeous, old paintings of battles and notable figures plastered the walls, purple carpets with gold rims, stained windows, statues and artifacts littered the hall's edges. It would have looked like a fancy museum of ancient history. I love it!

"This place is beautiful, almost Like I'm walking through time. This place must be rich in all the history it carries," That got a chuckle out her stiffness but miss pink pretty princess must have not understood what I said so she had it get repeated for her. Her face grew sour for a second and then returned to normal. Huh, what was that all about.

"I do make sure that history is preserved here for all to see, and they do make good decorations to an otherwise empty castle. Though I have to admit it does get a bit dull with time," how could she say that? This place would be a gold mine for any archeologist. She suddenly stopped and turned to look at me, "This realm has many treasures and artifacts but with a lifespan as long as mine I have seen most of them in action, I have memories I don't wish to remember connected to some of them."

With that she turned and started to walk off. What did she mean by a long lifespan, how old is she? More questions to add to the bucket but I'll keep my mouth shut as those eyes showed the first sign of pain in them. I honestly lost track of where we are going, this place is a maze in disguise.

They lead me to a what looked like a throne room. On the other side of the room was an elevated gold throne with a sun emblazoned on it. The room was wide and had what looked like rows of seats on either side of the room with a carpet running down the middle. That wasn't the most spectacular thing about this throne room. No, it had to be the massive, stained windows that showed what I presume to be legends or history on them. Some showed what seem to be heroes, other showed major events. There was one with a snake looking creature with different parts mixed together. Those all paled in comparison to the one above the throne.

The center held a nine tailed fox and on each of his tails held a ring with a starry space in between each. These rings held what looked to be a realm of land. In the top corners held the sun, left, and moon, right. The fox stared down at three of the horses, one of each race I've seen except the horned pegasuses I just met, with a motherly looking expression. Surrounding this all was another horse with a horn and wings, this time white with a red mane, soundly sleeping.

"That is the masterpiece of pleasant touch, her lives' work. She called it 'Faust's dream'. It is said to magical in nature as others couldn't recreate any of her works, even today. She had a way to bring out emotions like no pony else. I remember when she asked to create it hundreds of years ago. I almost said no. It is awe inspiring is it not?" Celestia asked.

"Yes, I have to agree with that. It is the most awe inspiring here, the others hold important event, while this one has something else, I can't put my finger on what it is."

"You aren't the first one to try to decipher what she meant when making it, it has lasted through many conflicts and never been broken. Even today when I look at it, I could only see the creation of all of the nine realms and those who inhabit them. The plan of the creator Faust and her son, Kitsune, the ones who molded all of us to life," Fuck, "But now we must return to business, one of them is language. I do believe you know nothing of the Equestrian language, which is an easy fix if I have your permission."

"You would be correct, and permission to do what exactly?"

"Magic has advanced far ahead of where it was four thousand years ago. I will want to use a knowledge transfer spell, what this will do would transfer knowledge of any subject to another. While this a dangerous spell to those unskilled, I have perfected it and request to access to your mind. It will hurt as knowledge would have to be processed, but with a connection to two minds it will process faster," the fuck does she take me for, even I know the dangers of mind magic and there is no magic back home only theories by enthusiasts. Well, that confirms my thoughts that magic actually exists here though.

"I don't trust a lot of people messing with my mind," there is more danger in this type of magic than any other.

"Understandable as mind magic was thought to be illegal back then, though it would be faster than having you learn through tutoring," good point, last time I tried to learn a language I just couldn't, "I would also point out how I see your anger of not being able to communicate properly."

No shit but fucking with my mind is a dangerous trade off lady. One I don't think I want to take, "The risk could be too high, even with trained professionals, things could go wrong."

"The operation would be simple, transplanting a language is a fairly simple process, it won't interfere with any other part of the brain but the one for communication. This has been experimented on and be repaired many times throughout history, if this operation fails you won't become mute," I guess that helps. If that is true, there is little downside. They are still fucking with my mind though.

"Are you certain this will be safe?"

"I have been able to use this spell with foreign dignitaries for over a thousand years. I was even there for its creation by Starswirl the Bearded," I really don't want to go through this, but being able to talk would be great.

"I'll allow it on a few conditions, one you don't look at any memories and two you will not imprint anything else. It is hard enough to have a doctor work on your brain as it is."

"I agree to these terms as that was not my intention. I will ask you to lay in the center of the room, I will inform Cadance of our actions," I hope I don't go braindead from this. I did as she said and laid down.

<You know the dangers of what this spell can do AUNTY, not only does it rewrite his mind with different signals it could cause brain damage on a scale so devastating that it was basically outlawed. While I don't doubt your skill with magic, I suggest we don't experiment with Lord Kitsune's mind. Killing a fragment of Kitsune won't go well with Faust or the true Kitsune,> The pink one, Cadance, basically shook the room with how loud she was. She looked frantic too. I should probably reconsider. The question is a chance to actually communicate or have a small chance to die.

<I understand the dangers of what the spell can do, I was there when it was made and regulated. I also know the legends of the fury of Kitsune and how we we're created. I won't go in blind immediately; I will test how his mind works then work my way from there," I take a look towards Divine for any input, he looks concerned and gives me a slight nod. He then walks up to Celestia and whispers something. She nods in response and moves over to me. She laid down in front of me and put her horn to my head, "Lord Kitsune or Kevin, I can sense your distrust and uneasiness to this request. I can understand my request is dangerous. If you want to back down from my request, I understand. I wanted to give you the gift to speak to your subjects of the eighth realm," fuck it.

"I said I'll allow it as I'm terrible at learning languages, but after I have to talk to everyone about this image I have."

"I believe this would be agreeable. This land has changed much in your absence, your image is the least of your worries."

"Yeah, we'll see. Okay let's get this over with before I go through several months of tutoring," With the light of her horn we started, at first nothing happened. It started slowly, it felt like a warm was crawling along my entire brain. It was like a small headache; hey this is not too bad so far. Then as fast as an Feight train it went to searing pain. I couldn't think, I couldn't scream. Make it stop, I don't want to do this anymore.

Calm

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, life and laziness got in the way. Think of this as my birthday present to you. Thanks for reading.
P.S. Yeah, I kind of got tired of him not knowing what they are saying.
P.S.S I love the image I have for Faust's Dream.