• Published 13th Sep 2022
  • 3,325 Views, 48 Comments

Return of the Savior! Wait ME? - NnoDragonEclipse



Kitsune is the name of the savior. The one who brought light to the land. What does this have to do with me?

  • ...
7
 48
 3,325

The Decision

Silence surrounded me. None dared to move. I could do nothing but stare at Luna's bright blue eyes. I didn't know what to do and no one is giving me any answers. Luna suddenly looked down at the floor in shame, probably thinking I would curse her or something.

"Lord Kitsune please take..." Celestia started before being interrupted.

"You know the rules! It is not your place to intervene! You have no right over our Lord and Savior!" exclaimed the white and blue maned unicorn. If a subject can speak to Celestia like that, I just stepped into a cultural landmine. No one dared to speak after him. I looked around for any clarification, but none was given. I was up a creek without a paddle. I could hear sniffling from behind me. What the fuck is going on!

Okay, history minor please help me here. One, from what I can tell this society is more like feudal Europe than originally expected. Two, this must be some sort of honor trial or something with how she gave up her sword. That's all I got so far. Turning my head to look at Celestia for at least some sort of hint. She looked down to hide her crying face. I looked around to see if they would give me something, but every single one of them either turned away or hide their face from me. Even Luna did the same.

WHAT am I supposed to do here!? None of this makes any sense! First, I get told she just returned from something then all of a sudden have her kneeling in front of me begging for my judgement for a crime she committed. What is going on!? Come on think, there has to be a reason for this. Let's think, she has been gone a long time for what I hear, and if she is the sister of Celestia she must be at least as old as her, maybe. She may have been gone centuries due to the old celebrating her return and not scolding her return. It seemed Divine was happy for her return.

She asked for judgement for her crimes, she even said some were too severe to be forgiven. Does that mean she murdered someone? If she did, she seams remorseful. Wait a second she said something about her lust for power and betrayal, did she betray Equestria and go into exile? What the hell did she do?

"Umm, I have one question for now, if you'll answer it," I started.

"We'll answer any question thee may have," she stated. She didn't even let me finish before she answered. She didn't even lift her head to look at me.

"I also have a request, this is for," I once again started.

"Anything for thee, our lord," She interrupted. Fuck, that's annoying. You know fuck it, I'll just strong arm my way through this. I haven't gotten anything done with trying to be nice about things, just dragged around from place to place with everyone taking my words as holy gospel. Might as well use it to get through this, just this once.

"First, don't interrupt me again," I could see her try to say something but quickly held her tongue, "Second, lift your head so I can see your eyes."

She did what she was told and look right at me. What I saw was horrifying, she looked like a ghost. Her face was frail and bony. It looked like she starved herself. Her eyes were bloodshot and had a thousand-yard stare. I had to take a deeper look at all of her. I did not like what I saw. Her fur hid most of it, but you could still see how skinny she was. Her legs were shaking and look just about to give out. She looked like she went through hell. What the hell happened to her?

"You don't look so good; I think it might be best if you got some medical attention," I stated.

"We do not require the help of a healer, we'll hold until thy judgement has passed," she said firmly. It doesn't look like it. Time to ask to big question, we'll see what I'll do from there.

"My question is simple, that does not mean it has a simple answer. What did you do?" I asked calmly. What was not calm was the response as I had multiple people start rushing to answer it.

"Please take mer..." Celestia started.

"...total eclipse..." said Luna.

"...You interrupt our Lord!" said the white unicorn. They kept talking over each other so where I didn't even know what they said. Fucking hell.

"Everyone SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I shouted. That got their attention, it seems that they got the message. Fuck it I'll go Celestia first.

"Celestia, you go first and say what you have to say," I order as I pointed at her. She got straight to the point.

"Lord Kevin, I princess Celestia of Equestria ask you to find a better source for her crime than her, she will embellish her crimes to make herself look guilty, please take mercy on her," she asked.

"Okay, next! White Unicorn," I said pointing at him.

"Our lord, Son of Faust," he started before being interrupted.

"Stop the formalities, state your name and what you were going to say, and do it in the language Celestia was speaking in," I order. That seemed to confuse him.

"Uh okay. Lord Kitsune my name is Blueblood, of the Celestial bloodline. We must ask of you, something we deeply apologize for, to resist taking information on Luna's crime from those who wish to see her free or indicted. These would be from the royals themselves and anypony close to the crown," this Blueblood stated. Anypony?! Really?! Puns?!

"Then who would you suggest?" I asked him.

"We have nopony in the castle that can fulfill this request, the only neutral party would be the nobles of the griffon empire my Lord," he stated. Griffons exist! I really am in a fantasy land of talking creatures.

"So what you're saying it that there is no one here to give her a solid case," I stated before moving on, "Luna that was your name right? Why are you doing this and what did you do?"

"Lord," Celestia started before I gave her a harsh look.

"I gave you time to speak so I will give her time to speak. Any objections?" I asked harshly. All I got were shakes of their heads, " Good, you may speak Luna."

"Oh, father of heaven..." she started before being interrupted.

"Did you not hear what I said? No formalities, they are not needed nor wanted," I stated.

"Oh Lord Kitsune, as we said before our lust for power driven us to given up thine morals. We have almost brought destruction to our kingdom due to our rage. We betrayed our sister and attacked her. We sought the crown and almost killed our sister. We were punished for our action by a thousand years on the moon. We do not think is enough for our crimes. Our jealousy was the culprit, a deadly sin that took hold of our mind. We bear our sins out for thee to judge," Luna said.

"Why do you speak like Shakespeare?" I asked. I got a very confused look from her.

"Who is Shakespeare? If thee are talking about our speech tis what we speak to a superior, is it not?" she asked.

"No, it is quite outdated," I remarked, "If you are more comfortable speaking this way that's fine but try to speak more like your talking to a friend."

"Ugh, yes my lord," Luna replied.

"Drop the my lord crap," I order with a slight huff.

"Um, yes my... yes Kitsune," she said with a slight hiccup. Close enough for now. She wishes for my judgement, she won't get, well she'll get it in a roundabout way.

"I must ask, what have the people have to say about your return?" I asked genuinely curious.

"We, ugh I do not know. Their reaction when we encountered them was confusing," she admitted.

"From what I can tell they have accepted your return. We I came across a village they were having a festival in your honor," I told her. She looked at me with a look of wonder. Now for the killing blow, sliding the blade back to her, "The people seemed to forgiven you, but you said you betrayed your sister is that right?"

She looked down in shame and said, "Umm, th-you're correct, it is our greatest shame."

Glancing at Celestia, I could see that she has some hope for what I am about to say, "I want you to take a deep look at your sister, has she forgiven you? I'll leave you two to make your amends if you haven't yet."

I started to walk toward the giant doors, I was sick of this crap. Once everything calmed down, I'll come back. Taking a look at everyone gather I pointed at the white unicorn who looked important and knew how to speak to me, "You, Blueblood right? Point me towards a room I can use."

"Yes your Majesty!" He responded. I took a glance at Divine who just stood there, I motioned him with my paw to follow and he obliged. I even got to witness Celestia almost tackle hug her sister to the ground muttering things so fast that it was incomprehensible. I have to bite the bullet sooner or later but right now I just want some peace and quiet.

"Celestia, we'll have to have a talk about my image later," I told her. I could see her wince and nod at my declaration, "I'm just fed up with this crap."

She seemed to not understand my last sentence but I to ticked to care. I turned to exit, ignoring everyone else. I just followed Blueblood out, he seemed to know where he was going. It was practically dead silent as we walked for about two minutes.

"Your Majesty," Blueblood started before I interjected.

"I'm not your damn lord, so stop calling me that," I said angerly. I could see him gulp at that. What was surprising was hearing scribbling, it was quite loud. I looked over to see Divine slightly behind walking on three legs while hold his book in one hoof. In his mouth was his pen and he was furiously scribbling things down. I stopped to ask him, "Divine what are you doing?"

It took him a little while to respond but once he finished, he said, "My lord, wait no uh Kevin I have been writing all your conversations down, not only for the public record, but to help me understand as while I am fluent enough to read the ancient language I do not possess the skill to speak or understand it."

"Ohh, makes sense. Though if you would like us to slow down to for you to keep up just say something," I told him. He gave me a nod. When I looked back at our guide, I could see a slightly ticked unicorn. With a huff he turned around with a huff.

"Father, I understand that you do have a decent relationship with his majesty but to call him by his name is unfaithful. You should know the consequences of your actions, Faust does not like those who disrespect her son," Blueblood told Divine.

"First off, I told him to stop with the formalities as I have done the same with you. You are just hard of hearing and won't listen. Second, why should I care if anyone calls me by my name. Divine has been my guide throughout my journey here, if anything he deserves more respect from you," I said raising my voice one octave.

"Yes my lord, wait uh, feathers. We have almost reached our destination, we didn't have enough warning to give you the room you deserve but a royal suite used for dignitaries of other states are the only ones available. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience, uhm Lord Kevin," he cringe as he spoke. He lead me to a shiny brown door. It didn't look too extravagant, good.

"As long as I have a pillow to scream into, I'm fine. Now if you could find Divine a place to stay, that would be greatly appreciated," I said as I opened the door. I looked back at them and said, "Just to be clear I don't want luxury, right now I need peace and quiet. Call me when dinner or something is done. Also I'm not your fucking lord or your fucking god."

I didn't have enough time to get their reactions before I slammed the door and locked it. Starring at the door, I let out a sigh of relief. I get some peace and quiet for a few hours maybe. I'm exhausted. If this is what is like to make important decisions that can ruin someone's life, I don't want it. Taking a look around I was disappointed. What I thought was going to be a small room was larger than my apartment! There are even doors leading to other rooms! How big is this suite! This would have cost an arm and a leg back home! The room's floor looked like marble for peats sake!

The room was plush full of amenities! Full length mirror with a drawer full of what I can assume to be makeup and curtains that had a gold trimming. The bed while in the main room's wall, was plush full of fluffy pillows and silk blankets. They even looked like they had gold trimmings. Everything had gold trimmings to contrast the white marble. I opened one door, and it was a giant bathroom with what could be the size of a swimming pool bath. The other doors led to a giant closet that I have no idea what they use it for and a lounge with a giant glass window to stare down upon the city.

Moving back into the main room, behind the curtains lay a small balcony with a section of the railing gone. At first this seemed stupid. I mean it was a small semi-circle with a jutted-out piece sticking out but as I drew closer there was a sign saying that to not push pass this small rope if you don't have wings. Was that just to jump off and fly, I guess if they could fly it would be easier to just jump off rather than climb or take off from the balcony with it being so small compared to the rest of the room.

It was a nice room all things considered. I made my way back to the bed before throwing myself on it. I wiggled my way in to what I believed to be the comfiest and grabbed a pillow. Shoving it into my face I let out a blood curdling scream. With my frustrations vented, I threw the pillow across the room and laid down for some well-deserved rest. I can deal with this later, right now is a time for Zen and peace.