• Published 13th Sep 2022
  • 3,324 Views, 48 Comments

Return of the Savior! Wait ME? - NnoDragonEclipse



Kitsune is the name of the savior. The one who brought light to the land. What does this have to do with me?

  • ...
7
 48
 3,324

The Arrival

God, I'm burning up right now. This blanket needs to go. One quick movement would have thrown it off, but it got stuck on something. Fuck, I don't want to get up. Stop shining sun, go back to night where I can sleep for a little longer. Dammit, I'm not going to get back to sleep, am I?

I hate mornings. The birds are singing today, just like home. Home! Shooting up and quickly checking my surroundings. Why am I still in this place? I just want to go home. Looking towards me bedstand I see Fang my little fox plushie staring at me with that little smile of his. Why are you so happy? I talking to a plushie. Am I still sane?

Let's have an existential crisis later, getting up to get some breakfast now. I hope they have a pancake equivalent here with syrup and peanut butter. OH, right the blanket. Where is it? I turned my head to look for it and didn't find it on the floor. It got caught on my tails. Get off of me you hot piece of Cotten. It took a little bit of shaking like a dog to get it off. Thankfully no one saw that.

Okay it is time to go downstairs to find Divine, my now unofficial translator, to have him help with breakfast. The question is though is how am I going to open this door? It has a doorknob, wish it had the lever, that is round and smooth. I have paws that don't grip things like human hands. Every other time a door came in my way someone has opened it for me. Can I grip things with my mouth like foxes do, and if I can, do I really want to use my mouth to open a door, sounds disgusting.

I didn't have to ponder long as someone else opened it for me. It was a brown and blonde unicorn mare who opened the door. To say that it was awkward staring at each other was an understatement. The thing that was fortunate for this situation is that I now don't have to open the door. She seemed perplexed on what to do now. All she could do was wave me to follow and go down the hall towards the opposite side of the stairs. I grabbed Fang really quick with my tails and hurried to follow her. I like my fox.

The mare stops and turns around. She smiles sheepishly at me and points the other direction. She seems to have lost her way for a second. I smile in return and head back towards the stairs. I hear her mumble something to herself, before we hit the stairs. What I see at the bottom of the stairs is not what I wanted though. Divine Seer was talking with a white unicorn stallion with a blue mane. He was wearing purple armor with a gold lining. There were some other guards wearing what looked like gold armor on but the one next to Divine looked very important.

They noticed me with the help of the young mare right next to me calling out for them. Fuck, I should have left last night. How did they even arrive so fast? Was there a garrison nearby? I'm so fucked. Breath in, breath out. Do as the romans do when in Rome, if Rome was a horse kingdom. Divine is waving me over to him, I don't really want to join his smiling face. God, I hate my new life. I have even denied my divinity, and no one would listen!

As I walked closer the new unicorn saluted me, which was new, before going into a deep bow. He even started to start speaking which I'm sure was filled with a lot of boot licking of this god Kitsune. I just tap him on the shoulder to shut him up and lift his chin up to stare right into his deep blue eyes. He seems unsure of what to do now and scared that he might have done something wrong. I turned to Divine to asked, "Who?"

That seemed to get him out of his funk and to franticly start writing something out while even saying, "Sorry, lord!" He showed me what he wrote, This is captain Armor, he from home city Canterlot. He bring you to rulers. Please he didn't mean harm.

I started to chuckle a little bit at the end. Like I could do anything to this guy, he could probably kick my ass back to Idaho if he wanted to. I quickly started to write, He did nothing wrong; I was looking into the eyes as the eyes are the gateway to the soul. That is some bullshit I heard long ago, what I was really doing was seeing how he would react to me in an uncomfortable position. He did nothing to me, so that might be a good thing.

He knows of your condition; he has asked you to go to him to Canterlot. I don't think he requested; I think it is more of an order. I give him a nod and he started talking to this captain Armor. Wait, what the hell does he mean by my condition. He better have not said the bullshit he said to me in the office to him. I am not Kitsune who has lost his mind in this ninth dimension.

Wait they are moving towards the door, quick I got to follow them. The sun blinded me as I stepped outside. There are people outside and a lot of them. They are all gathered outside of empty semi-circle in front of the town hall. In that empty space was a gold Chariot. Why would they use chariots? Questions for another time. I even hear wailing and cheers; the fuck is going on. I can't get a straight answer from either this Armor guy or even Divine as they are making a beeline towards the chariot. I have to speed up not to get left behind.

Two pegasus horses started to hook themselves to the chariot while captain Armor got in with one other armored regular horse. Captain Armor motioned for me to hop on while Divine just had his head down towards the ground. I stopped because I know him enough to know that something is wrong. I lift his head towards mine to see his eyes crying. I don't want to leave you too buddy, though I didn't know I have made such an impact on you. "Don't cry my little Divine, you were there for me as I was to you when we needed it. We will meet again soon."

That seemed to cheer him up a little bit, he seemed to get the message even though I know he didn't understand everything I said. Then he started smiling manically and turned to Captain Armor. <Captain Armor I'm coming with you to Canterlot. This is not a debate as I am the only one here who even knows even a little bit of the ancient language.>

<Father Seer, while I like your determination, I have to decline your request. Due to Lord Kitsune's weight and size there won't be enough room for you, my men will be very tired before we even Reach Canterlot and your extra added weight will only make it worse for them.> Divine and Armor were now staring daggers at one another, neither one backing down over something.

<Captain Armor this is not a request this is an order. What does "Guardian of Heaven," mean,> Hey I understood that, but the context is lost.

<Sorry father I don't know. The ancient language is a lost art to me.>

<It is an ancient saying with more meaning than anypony would ever know. I am the only one who could explain to Lord Kitsune what is going on and where we are going.>

<Father, Princess Celestia knows of the ancient language and is fluent in it, she would even know how to transfer our language to him. You also have responsibilities here father. Think of your brothers and sister at the church who need your guidance. You can't leave them here alone they will be lost spiritually without you. Father, I understand your request but think of what the ponies around you need. Today should be a great day for all of us, do not let them shed tears in your name.>

<I am dying Captain; I have known for a while. I have lost my wife and children. I have lost much in my life. I have had great moments of happiness in my life. I have trained my successor to become the next father of Hoovesdale. I have thought my life was tragic. I have even cursed Faust's name for my greatest failures to protect my family. I have lost my way and faith for years. I have been going on without a purpose for a while now. I would have silence myself long ago, but I felt as if I had a greater purpose in this life other than the great symphony of tragedy it has been. I only asked for you to consider a dying stallions request, to die knowing he served as his lord's guide,> The entire town was died silent after Divine's speech. That even got the stoic captain to falter.

<I'm sorry father I didn't know.>

<It is okay my son, I ask of you to consider my request,> The captain seemed unsure of what to do for a second.

<Captain Armor, the father can take my place. I can make my way towards the nearest train station in Ponyville,> The horse in the chariot spoke up.

<I can't have you do that private Spear; I can't leave you behind, we have regulations on this,> Responded the captain.

<Sir, just this once I believe we should make an exception to the rules, and I believe we should ask Lord Kitsune if he prefers the father to stay with him,> The young Stallion answered with full conviction. They all turned to me to look for an answer that I didn't even know what the question was. Divine started to write something on his notebook and hooved it to me.

Lord Kitsune, I asked to come to you to hometown Canterlot I will lead you and tell you of the places. What does he mean by that. I don't even know what he said, mostly. Come to me to this Canterlot, does he mean with me. Does he not know the word with. That is kind of funny. Sure, why not, he seems like a cool guy. I write as much, and he seemed as elated about this fact.

The regular armored horse got off and Divine took his spot on the chariot. Huh is that what they were arguing about. Seems kind of pointless if you ask me. Divine turned to face the crowd and start his long speech, <My fellow Equestians, this may be the last time you see me. Do not cry for me, I have lived for a long time and now it is my time to return to Faust, but first I must be the guide to her lost son. I have trained sister Prophet to replace me, and I give my thoughts and prayers to her spirit to guide yours towards the holy path. I may have not followed my own teachings and I may have not trodden the holy path. Faust knows of my sins, but she gave me task I must complete. May Faust give her love to you and may you give your heart to her.>

That seemed to get the crowd the stomp and howling. The captain seemed to say something to the two pegasus hooked up to the chariot. They opened up their wings and started to run forward. I don't like where this is going as I quickly grab onto the railing in anticipation of what is to come. As quickly as they started, they lifted up into the sky. I'm glad for the howling otherwise they might have heard my scream as we took off. I held on to that railing for dear life. I don't like heights, never did. Both the captain and Divine looked on the edge of snicking with a little bit of concern added in. You knew this was going to happen you DEVILS! Okay don't look down, don't look down. You're okay, just breath in and out. Don't look down, whatever you do just don't look down.

The flight was terrifying but uneventful for the most part. I just kept my head down, so I don't see my impending doom miles below me. I got a tap on my shoulder, it was Divine. We near to Canterlot. You should look.

When I got enough courage to look, I saw something that would have been in fairytale story. It was a city on the mountains. It consisted of two large platforms, how they stayed on the mountain I do not know. The lower one consisted of housing from what I can see though I'm not sure. The top platform consisted of taller buildings but the one that stood out the most was a large marble and gold castle. This must be the Canterlot I have been hearing about. The place where the princesses and rulers are. Where my doom awaits, and it is getting closer

Author's Note:

Did you know that I procrastinate until late minute, and then write most of it in an hour and a half with a few minutes of editing. I probably could have finished this a few days ago but I didn't, because I'm a bit lazy, and tired due to work. I did brainstorm a lot of the storm in the meantime so there is that. Thanks for all the support you have given me.