• Published 16th Aug 2022
  • 697 Views, 19 Comments

Old Friends - FoundFamily



Four new students transfer to CHS and Sci-Twi knows them. The Rainbooms are suspicious of them, thinking the worst, especially when Sci-Twi would rather spend time with them than the band.

  • ...
0
 19
 697

Reunion

“C’mon Spike! We gotta get to the library!” A female voice said.

A 17-years-old girl with indigo hair with a pink streak done in a ponytail, purple skin and eyes, wearing a blue striped blouse, purple skirt and black buckled shoes was racing down the street with a purple puppy with green tufts and a blue collar around his neck.

“Wait up, Twi!” Spike said as he chased after his owner.

The two were speeding down the sidewalk, eager to get to their destination. The rest of the Rainbooms had planned a visit to a concert over the weekend, however due to the short amount of tickets they had on them, only six of them could go.

Naturally, none of them were willing but Twilight chose to stay out of the concert.

Her reason? She really hates crowds. She may have been friends with them but it will take a while for her to get used to crowds.

So while they went to the concert, she and Spike were chilling at home, getting work done and heading off to the library to read some new books.

She was so eager that she didn’t look where she was going, colliding into someone at high speed.

“OW!” Both said.

Twilight began searching for her glasses

“Oh I am so sorry! I had no idea you were in front of--!”

She was then cut off by a surprised voice.

“What the?! Bright Spark?! Is that you?!”

Twilight froze as her eyes widened. Only a few people ever called her that. Placing her glasses over her eyes, she refocused her vision as she let out a yelp of surprise.

“Tempest?!”


<Tempest’s POV>

After she finished moving into her apartment, Tempest decided to take a stroll around the town, all the while the rest were getting their places ready.

As she walked down the street, she was taken in by the atmosphere.
“Man, this place is WAY different than Savage City.” she said to herself. Everyone was friendly with each other from the many teens to the adults.

She was busy looking around but she didn’t notice someone running into her.

“OW! Who did--?!” She yelled at whoever ran into her but then her eyes widened at the girl.

“What the?! Bright Spark?! Is that you?!”

The girl’s eyes also widened as she put the glasses back on, her eyes wide in shock

“Tempest?!” She yelled.

The two stood there in silence as they took in their features.

Then they broke out into wide smiles.

“WOAH/WOAH!” They yelled as they pulled each other into a hug.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” They yelled at the same time.

“I ASKED YOU FIRST!”

“NO, I ASKED YOU FIRST!”

Tempest chuckled.

“Sorry, sparky. Me and some friends from our old school transferred to a school in this place! We just moved into our apartments a couple of hours ago!” Tempest spoke.

“Seriously?! And you never told me?! Wait. Others? You mean?!” Twilight asked, hoping it would be true.

“Hell yeah! Celano, Capper and Thorax are here too! They also got transferred here!”

Twilight whooped in joy as she leapt into the air.

“Say, you and the rest of the guys wanna meet somewhere for a proper reunion? I know a good place to do so.” Twilight asked.

“That sounds good! Here, let me text them.” Tempest said as she took out her phone.


Back at the block of apartments, the three were out on the balcony, catching their breaths.

“Man, who knew moving in would be so hard?” Capper said as he stretched his arms, the sound of bones clicking into position.

“Yeah…Man, I shouldn’t have brought a lot of crap with me.” Celano mumbled as she bent backwards.

“Hey, at least we’re done. We can use this time to explore the city.” Thorax reasoned, drinking from a bottle.

Suddenly, three beeps went off and they looked at their phones.

“You guys got a message to meet up at a café?” Celano asked.

“Yep/Uh-huh.” The boys said.

“Something about a surprise?”

“Got that/Oh yeah.”

“And the location of the place. You all got it?”

“Yep/Got it.”

The three were silent.

“Well, should we get going?” Celano asked them and the two shrugged their shoulders. It couldn’t hurt.


The three then entered the diner, looking for Tempest.

“OK, we’re here. So where is Tempest?” Capper asked, scratching his head.

Thorax looked around and saw Tempest, who was waving at them.

“Hey, guys!’ He alerted the two. ‘Found her!”

The three approached her, wanting to ask her something.

“Alright Tempest, what’s this about a surprise?” Celano asked as she approached her but the three froze at who she was with.

“Hey, guys.” Twilight said as she waved her fingers sheepishly.

The three were silent before Thorax broke it.

“Twilight?!”

“Yeah, Thor. It’s me.”

Soon, the three broke into smiles as they approached the bookworm, enveloping her in a group hug.

“This was the surprise?!” Celano asked the mohawk girl.

“Damn straight!” She said with a grin.

“Man, that was a performance!” Capper added, laughing as he let go of TWilight.

Soon, all five were seated in the booth.

“Man, how long has it been?! What have you been up to since you moved out of Savage City?!” Thorax asked.

Twilight just chuckled.

“It’s a long story.”

Author's Note:

Yo, Merry Christmas! And your gift is a chapter of Old Friends.

Next up is Twilight telling what has been happening. Just a heads up, this is a slight AU of Sunset's Backstage Pass, where Twilight didn't go to the Post Crush concert.