• Published 11th Jul 2022
  • 3,168 Views, 162 Comments

Sugar Hoof the Wizard Colt - Furenstein



A human wizard ends up in Equss in the body of a small colt.

  • ...
19
 162
 3,168

Cat and Foal

The manticore lunged out of the brush at an alarming speed directly at the two of us. With Gilded being frozen in fear, I was closest to the large cat and started to conjure a shield. The dirt underneath him blew away from his speed and before my shield could cover the two of us entirely, his claws swiped directly into my face and launched me into a tree. The branch I was launched into broke away from the force my body hit it and I flew back into the next tree where I slammed my back into it, and fell with a sickening crunch.

"SUGAR!" I heard Gilded shout, followed by a loud thrumping noise hitting something that hummed in response.

My body was in pain and my head was throbbing. a liquid ran down my face where the cat had scratched me, and as I wiped it away, I noticed the red streaks on my hoof.

"That's what I get for lowering my guard. An attack can come from anywhere, even from nowhere." I mumbled as I rose to my hooves. My balance was off and I couldn't focus properly, but I was relieved when I noticed the watery-eyed gray pegasus staring back at me from inside a magic shield that shined the colors of life and harmony. At least he was safe, The manticore was getting nowhere by banging on the shield.

I was lucky that life magic's greatest advantage was it's healing capabilities. I surrounded myself in life magic and in just a few seconds, was completely healed. After that, though, I was hit with a bit of an issue.

Life magic is a healing magic, meant for medicinal or agricultural purposes, not to say it couldn't be used to kill, but it was among the worst types of magic to use for that.

This is why I learned the other three schools, life is fine for keeping a team healed, but when you need to handle matters alone, you need something stronger, like death, fire, or storm. I wouldn't use shadowmancy after what It did in Appleloosa, so I went with storm.

My eyes changed purple as they filled with storm magic and I began conjuring storm clouds over the forest. Thunder rumbled through the clouds in a mixture of yellow and blue lights, before rain hammered down upon us. Gilded stared at me, unmoving as the water soaked myself and the cat, and my horn turned a solid purple.

The cat seemed unfazed by the thunder and rain as I marched over to it. My horn shined brighter as sparks of yellow lightning surrounded it. It continued to slam it's claws into my shield up until the point where I shot a lightning bolt into it's side.

It roared in pain as the rain surrounding it only made it worse, it stopped trying to get to Gilded and focused on trying to get away from the storm. Due to the ground being wet, he slipped and fell as I shot him again through his leg.

The wretched beast scrambled on the ground to get away, kicking up water and dirt all the while before he finally looked back and saw me standing behind him, he was remarkably intelligent for an aggressive creature, for the second he saw my horn lit up, he knew I was the one who caused the lightning. He looked at the clouds above with fear before looking back down to me.

My horn charged further as I prepared to remove the creature that would threaten mine and Gilded's life.

"FEEL THE POWER OF THE ST—" I started, before I was interrupted.

"STOP!" I heard her voice before I saw her provide cover for the manticore. Fluttershy hovered overhead, mane matted down from the rain.

The storm clouds dissipate and my horn dulls, "What are you doing out here? I haven't even gotten half done with cleaning up the forest."

"Twilight told me what Princess Celestia was having you do, and when I saw storm clouds just appear randomly, I knew it had to be you." The butter-colored mare said, "You nearly killed Reginald!" She said with anger in her eyes.

"We were about to call it a day when the manticore attacked, If I hadn't healed myself and put a shield around Gilded Spear, we'd be dead by now!" I replied with equal anger.

She looked back at the manticore, Reginald, I guessed. "Is that true, Reginald?" She asked.

The cat meowed loudly to her and she turned back to me. "Reginald attacked because he'd seen you moving around and doing something to the trees, he's worried he'll be forced to leave his home soon." She said, flying over to the manticore and petting him.

"As far as I can tell, 'Reginald' is not made of life magic nor under it's influence, so I've no reason to get rid of him beyond his excessive violence."

"He was just scared about the new changes, that's all." She said, softly.

"If I were not a healer, I'd be blind in one eye." I warned.

I groaned as I watched the mare and the manticore, Gilded watched as the events unfolded, still contained in my shield.

"We will get nowhere if every tom, richard, and harry tries to attack us while we work." I said, filling my horn with life magic.

"Wait, he's sorry for attacking you." Fluttershy said.

"It's fine, I would've attacked me too. I'm going to fix the forest in one large explosion of life magic, and Gilded and I will just have to search for the focal point the old fashioned way." In an instant, I tapped into my newly expanded reserves of life magic and began attempting to contain it futilely.

The shield containing Gilded Spear disappeared, freeing the gray pegasus. All he could so was watch as the ever expanding ball of bright green with traces of rainbow grow out of my control. As the ball grew, the water on the ground faded and the trees around were cleaned of their overabundant life magic.

Instead of attempting to aim it, I just let it go, my horn dimmed as I used my heart instead. Fluttershy and Gilded Spear looked on at me as the magic convulsed into me from the pressure until I stopped trying to control it all together.

The entire forest was engulfed in this concoction of life magic and harmony magic. The gnarled and dark trees were healed and replaced with healthy trees, the grass went from it's dark green to an emerald color instead, and the water that flowed from the everfree became clean from all magics that could do harm.

The manticore who attacked us and all other everfree inhabitants felt life and harmony flow through their very being and knew a peace they had never known. Enemy became friend, and a harmonious relationship between what was once predator and prey was adopted. The carnivores of the forest suddenly found their biology change and learned that they no longer desired meat, but would far prefer vegetables and fruit. Their bodies changed to a more peaceful nature, becoming smaller, more colorful, and less harmful. Peace became the doctrine of the everfree.

Fruits and vegetables grew from the trees and soil, there was enough for every creature to live off of. I fell to the ground, and the force of my spell, the stress of that fight, and the milk that still sat heavily in my stomach drove me to sleep on the emerald green grass of the forest floor.