• Published 29th Jun 2022
  • 58 Views, 0 Comments

Random Ideas - themouthofmush



Just a bunch of random ideas I had floating around.

  • ...
 0
 58

First Meeting

Idea 4: First Meeting

The punch knocked me back into the chain linked fence, followed by a few more for good measure, the links trying to dig into my skin with each hit. The fight was over something stupid, like most of those fights were, but I knew that I wasn’t going to lose if I could help it. My attacker, a blue earth pony colt, went for a jab, but I dodged it and pushed him back into his two lackeys, a forest green unicorn colt and a white unicorn colt.

I smirked at my opponent. “I didn’t know I was getting hit by a filly.”

“What did you call me!?” he yelled.

“I called you a filly, in case you didn’t hear.” I got into a low stance. “And you just stood there and took it.”

The colt roared and launched himself towards me. He went for a left jab with his foreleg, which I blocked, only to be followed with a quick kick from his right hind leg, hitting me on my right. Our heads smacked into each other, making him stagger. I used that as an opportunity to get in two quick hits to his head before kicking him in his chest.

He shot me a death glare. “That was a cheap move.”

“Says the pony that brought two lackeys to a one-on-one fight,” I told him.

“We aren’t lackeys!” his two friends said together.

“Well, isn’t that cute,” I chuckled. “You taught them to speak at the same time.”

The two of them lunged at me, striking me at both sides, forcing me against the chain link fence. I couldn’t be able to block all of the hits, so I brought my hooves close to my frame and hoped I could tire them out. It probably would have worked if the blue colt hadn’t decided to sucker punch me on the face. I went from against the fence to on the floor getting the snot beaten out of me in less than a blink.

“Looks like you are done for, Grey,” the blue colt told me. I tried to get up only to be kicked in the face by his friends. “Do us all a favor and stay down.”

“Mrs. Yard is coming!” a voice shouted out from somewhere.

“Who said that?” the forest green colt asked, looking everywhere.

“We’ve got to go now!” the white colt said.

The blue colt looked across the school yard. “You lucked out Grey. You better stay out of our way next time.”

They each kicked me once as they left.

I used the fence as support as I tried getting up; would have fallen down again if it wasn’t for somepony helping me.

“Are you alright?” a soft feminine voice asked.

“Yeah, I’m alright. Just have to get onto my hooves.” I staggered and would have almost fallen if she wasn’t supporting me.

I felt her mane brush up against my face. “There’s a bench right over there under that tree. It would let you get off your hooves for a bit.”

I wanted to argue, saying that I didn’t need that, but I knew that she was right. I just nodded before she led the two of us to that bench. It felt like we took longer than we should have, she going slow to make sure I wouldn’t fall down on the way. She carefully sat me down on the bench.

“How are you feeling?” The worry in her voice was easy to hear.

I finally looked at her and felt like I knew her from somewhere. She was a soft brownish-grey coated pegasus filly, her wings, mane, and tail slowly going beige the closer it got to their tips. Her maroon eyes were looking all over me.

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

“I’m trying to see if you have any cuts or bruises, in case I have to go run to get the nurse.” She started to touch my hooves.

I brushed her away. “I’m okay; I don’t need the nurse.”

“Are you-“

“I’m sure,” I told her. “I don’t need the nurse.”

It looked like she had something else she wanted to say, but she simply sighed and sat next to me.

We sat there for a while, not saying anything to one another, just letting the soft breeze brush up against us.

“So, why did you get into that fight with those sixth graders to begin with?” she asked me.

I looked at her. “Why do you want to know?”

“Because I’m curious?” She shrugged. “There’s nothing wrong with that, is there?”

“You are some curious filly, aren’t you?”

She rolled her eyes. “You going to answer my question or are you going to be a smart aleck?”

I couldn’t help but shake my head and smile. “You are something, you know that. Most don’t even bother to talk to me this long.”

“So, you aren’t going to tell me then.”

I held up my hooves. “Never said I wasn’t; just found that funny.” I leaned back on the bench and looked up at the tree’s branches. “They were making fun of my sister. I didn’t think it was funny. Nothing really hard to figure out.”

She giggled at that, getting my attention in the process.

“Okay, how is that funny?”

She waved a hoof in the air. “It’s you, you doof. You’re different than I thought.”

That took me back a bit. “What do you mean?”

She smiled a little. “Don’t worry about it.”

“You’re an odd one, you know that.”

“Maybe; maybe not.” She got off of the bench. “You should be good for now. Doubt those three will come back because of that scare I said.”

“Scare? What are you.....wait that was you? You saved my neck?”

She just smiled and started to walk away.

“You going to at least tell me your name?” I called out to her.

She spun around and met my eyes. “I’m Nightingale.”