• Published 29th Jun 2022
  • 58 Views, 0 Comments

Random Ideas - themouthofmush



Just a bunch of random ideas I had floating around.

  • ...
 0
 58

Good Talk, Bad Talk

Idea 1: Good/Bad Talk

There have only been two moments where I thought my house was going to be destroyed. The first was when Pinkie brought her new industrial strength party cannon to celebrate my birthday. Thankfully the only damage was from me accidentally going through a table; felt that for weeks. The second time was when Ditzy and I tried to teach Icy to bake. To this day, I have nightmares about waking up to my house being on fire. How somepony could almost burn an entire kitchen in the span of twenty seconds is beyond me.

Right now, me sitting on my couch as I watched Twilight and Flitter walk around my living room and have a “polite discussion” was starting to feel like another one of those moments.

“He can’t be serious!” Twilight yelled.

“What’s wrong with the idea?” Flitter asked.

“He is planning on taking care of a monster! That’s what’s wrong with it!”

“How do you know that he’s a monster?” Flitter pointed a hoof at her. “You haven’t given him a chance to talk to you.”

“Why would I? You didn’t see what those things could do firsthoof,” Twilight waved a hoof, “the destruction they can cause.”

“And you haven’t seen how scared he was when we found him.” Flitter’s voice wavered a little. “The fear in his eyes, how wounded he was.”

Twilight groaned. “It was a ruse to give him some love and affection. Its species loves on that, needs that, to survive. You don’t think he would have been taught to pray on a pony’s heart?”

“Twilight, that’s enough,” I said.

“But Gre-“

“I said that was enough.”

I must have said those words in a way to scare her because she took a step back.

“You say that he is a monster because of what the changelings did during the wedding, am I hearing that correctly?” I asked her, getting a nod as a reply.

“If that’s the case, wouldn’t Spike also be a monster because of the things dragons have done throughout recorded pony history?”

“Those two things are unrelated! Spike-“

“Is special, I know.” I got up from my seat. “The same goes with the little one sleeping in the other room.”

“But Grey, his kind is evil.”

I smiled at that. “That’s not how I see it Twilight. If your subjects were on the brink of starvation and you learned of a possible way to feed them all, wouldn’t you do it? Wouldn’t you do such an act, something deemed ‘evil,’ for the sake of your subjects?

“What I’m trying to get is life isn’t as simple as good and wrong, black and white. Life has moments where it just sucks and you’re force to pick the lesser of two evils, and even then, we still make poor choices. Princess Celestia has done amazing things, but has also caused a stigma against changelings. Being her student, I get that you agree. But what I see is a starving child, who I can help. Imagine if it was Apple Bloom or Sweetie Belle, would you still act the same way?”