• Published 29th Jun 2022
  • 58 Views, 0 Comments

Random Ideas - themouthofmush



Just a bunch of random ideas I had floating around.

  • ...
 0
 58

Your Song

Idea 3: Your Song

The small alcove was a buzz of activity, with all the ponies dancing on the dance floor, the leaves swaying to the beats of the song. Two ponies however sat off to the side, at a small circular table just left of the dance floor. The tablecloths were the finest linen, only the best for the occasion, as a certain fashionista said. The light was provided by the glittering stars and the bright full moon, which seemed awfully close. A dozen candles strengthened the mood, dotted along the tables. Food covered the exquisite cloth, ranging from salads and lasagna, to cupcakes and the largest nine and three fourth layered cake, brought by the one and only Pinkie Pie.

The two ponies sitting down, watching the festivities held each other’s forehoof tightly. The pony to the left wore a slick white button up shirt, a glossy silver tie straight down the center. The shirt itself was ironed to precision, the collar neat and folded at a ninety degree angle. His cuffs were heirlooms from some distant relative he had only found out about months ago, his family crest embedded onto the dull gold and emerald. His steel blue coat was brushed and groomed to perfection, along with his slicked back mane and tail, which was only a shade darker. His wings were preened, feathers neatly arranged. His bandaged eye was freshly changed, the bright white standing out against his fur, while his cerulean blue eye watched the others dance the night away.

The pony to his right, with a glittering silver tuxedo jacket draped over her shoulders, was another pegasus, this time a butter-yellow coated mare. Her bubblegum mane was combed and interwoven with flowers, fresh cut daisies. A thin piece of white and powder blue fabric wrapped around her neck, crisscrossing across her chest that held up her dress. Mint green dotted throughout the white gown, highlighted by bright golden stars. Her wings and body were hidden, buried under the white gown and a light emerald green veil. Her sparkling ocean blue eyes illuminated under the light sheen of mascara and blush that rounded out her cheeks

The pony beside me cuddled up next to me. “The breeze cool you a little honey?” I asked her.

“Just a little,” she replied softly.

I turned to her and saw a slight blush going on her lavender face before she turned away. “You just wanted an excuse to get close to me, didn’t you?” Not even my smile was able to stop the punch I got from her. “Knew it,” I laughed.

“You guys did a good job setting up the procession, Grey.”

“When you have the combined talents of Pinkie and Rarity working toward, without either of them butting heads, you are bound to have something amazing.”

“That might be the case, but you were in charge the whole time.” She leaned against me. “I’m sure Icy and Fluttershy love it.”

“I’m honestly surprised that we were able to make such a small procession into something that feels big.”

The sounds of a microphone being tabbed made everypony look towards the dance floor at a well-dressed pink idiot. “Now, if I can get your attention ladies and gentlecolts, I believe that it is time for the newlyweds to have their first dance.” Pop turned towards the bride and groom. “Wouldn’t you agree you two?”

Fluttershy started to shrink, having their entire guests look at her, but Icy whispered into her ear a little, calming her down. He then got up and offered her his hoof, flashing her with a small smile, which she took as the two of them went off to the dance floor. They started to dance together while a simple orchestral song played.

Twilight kissed me on the cheek. “They really do make quite a pair.”

“Yeah, they really do,” I said, chuckling a little. “Just wish it didn’t take them as long as it did for them to realize it.”

“It’s not like you knew they were made for one another from the start.” Twilight straightened up and looked at me. “Wait, did you know that?”

I smiled and got up. “I’ll answer that right back. I have to give the lovebirds one last wedding gift.”

Working my way through all of the partygoers looking at the couple dance, I reached Pop and tapped his shoulder.

“You still up for this Grey?” he asked. “I know how you get with stage fright.”

“If it’s for them, I can manage it for a bit.”

It felt like he wanted to say more, but he nodded, handed me the mic, and went towards Vinyl.

I waited for the first dance to be over before I tapped onto the mic.

“Give it up for the fine couple everypony.” Everypony clapped and cheered, much to the disdain to Icy. He was giving me the look he usually reserves for trying to talk me out of something. I just smiled at them. “I’m not sure about all of you, but it didn’t seem like they danced enough yet. So, why don’t we get some more ponies onto the dance floor to join them?” That got some more cheers, making me laugh a little. Oh, he’s going to hate me.

I gulped a little. “I’d like at this moment to offer up a song for the newlyweds and anypony else to dance to.” I waved at Vinyl, who started to play a new song.

A soft ensemble of violins started to come out of the speakers. “My gift is my song and this one’s for you.” I tried to keep my voice low to match the ensemble as I kept singing the song. When a piano joined in, I decided to raise my voice just a little bit louder. As the pace and rhythm started to pick up, I just rolled with it with my voice. Just as quickly as it picked up it slowed down, making me soften my tone, that was until it picked up yet again right at the end. I kept that last note for as long as I remembered that note to be held for. I was just thankful that it didn’t last for longer than a few seconds.

As the song ended with a soft playing of violins, everypony gave me a round of applause. I felt like I should bow, but Icy and Fluttershy hugging the air out of me kind of stopped that from happening.

“That was amazing Grey,” Fluttershy told me.

“It really was something,” Icy said.

The tips of my ears started to heat up. “Well, you two are family. What else was I supposed to do?”