• Published 11th Jun 2022
  • 1,730 Views, 187 Comments

Left Behind: Sunny Disposition - The Psychopath



Nightmare Moon received an odd omen from the one who destroyed Equestria's past and now must contend with the possibility of her sister's anger coalescing into a true being while Nightmare Moon tries to retake Equestria from the King and Queen.

  • ...
1
 187
 1,730

Darkest Side of Chaos

"What's the matter, princess?" Bahua asked.

The space in front of Moon started collapsing in on itself and then erupted with several pillars of bone spinning around outwardly towards her. The mare just barely blocked the attack with her magic.

"I bet you're wondering how I came here without anyone knowing?"

A wall of bone raised between the stallion and a black hole that Nightmare sent his way. The bones wrapped around her spell and crushed it. Bahua charged at Moon, intending to chop and crush her with his body as she intended to do to him prior, but another coat of magic protected the alicorn, albeit barely.

"Imagine what things are happening around the world that you're unaware of? The technology being developed. The magics being made. The creatures planning. The civilizations fall-oomph!"

The stallion was smashed into the ground by Moon's raised foreleg crashing down upon his head.

"I'm not interested in a speech that bloats your ego, imbecile," the alicorn spat.

Her opponent's body shifted and pulled away, seemingly stunned. "It's almost like they are here at this very moment. Infuriating!" he yelled. "I represent the darkest side of chaos, and I have to make do with what I have been limited to?!"

He stomped the ground angrily, and several horned monstrosities with the faces of deer emerged from the ceiling. Red light came from their eye sockets and reflected off their abnormally long arms and hands reaching for Nightmare Moon. She smirked.

"I can summon things too."

The shadows around the city waxed wider, wider, ever wider, and familiar figures emerged from them. Gigantic, twisted approximations of life that were too long, or too wide, or too thin and tall, emerged and grabbed the boney creations. Several were ripped to shreds just by mere contact, but more came from the portal, straining Moon's horn fiercely.

"You might be able to summon things too, but who says you can maintain that?" Bahua 'grinned' as best as it could be distinguished. "Looks like someone has new magic she can't use."

"I still have...my own!" Moon declared.

The creatures reacted to her outburst of rage and wrapped whatever appendages they had as limbs and extended them up along the bodies of the bone creatures to their roots and eventually, with great effort, ripped them out of their footholds. They disintegrated almost instantly, followed by the shadowy summons fading out of existence. Moon gasped for air several times. It felt like her lungs were held in a vice grip and not allowed to expand with the air she so desperately needed.

"Wow!" Bahua mocked. "What a kickback! The green herald would have loved to see this, but I can't remember his name." The stallion shrugged and shook his head. "He's too obsessed with his hatred and rivalry to do what he's supposed to. Unfortunate."

"You put on...a great act...but I can tell that..." Nightmare Moon stood up straight, letting her magic stabilize. "That you're pushing yourself as well." The stallion remained silent. "I know that kind of behavior all too well. An act used by the fools who know they are losing."

Bahua dug into the ground. "Fine. You're right. I have no reason to hide it." He chuckled. "But the levels at which we become exhausted are leagues apart from each other."

"I can't get him out!" Calostell shouted. She smashed her head against the bones holding Bombastic, serving only to knock herself out.

"Not now!" Nightmare Moon spat. "And you!" she pointed at Bahua. "You have obviously failed here! Leave!"

The stallion shook his head. "No, I haven't. I just need to enlist the aid of one of the members and erase everyone's minds once you're dealt with. We've done it before. It isn't hard," he stated with amusement.

Moon raised a brow. "Really? That's it? That's your only solution?"

The stallion shook his head. "No. There are far better solutions, but anything else might attract them."

Nightmare grit her teeth. This fool was grinding her patience away. So there were other things happening in the world. She was already aware of that, but how could something like this come out of seemingly nowhere? She had never even heard of such a thing as the 'World of Insanity'. Moon pondered that maybe they were just another organization that had worked with the fools that destroyed Equestria's history.

"I have a question for you," Moon said.

"I have all day."

"Did you aid whomever it was that destroyed Equestria's history?"

"I wouldn't know," Bahua stated. "You would have to ask the members that were here long before I was sent here. There's always a few, and no chaos is bad chaos." He summoned bone whips that crashed against a shield brought up right before impact, much to the stallion's annoyance. "It seems I don't have time to do this dance with you as I thought I did!" he complained angrily. "The schedule is being pushed forwards."

The bones comprising Bahua's arms reached out into the air with open palms aiming at the prisoners. They all began to howl in a mixture of pain and fear as their bodies started morphing and twisting at the behest of the herald.

"What in Equestria?!" Moon gawked in disgust.

"Discord represented chaos, but we represent its darkest side!" Bahua declared. He grunted, noticing that his efforts weren't bearing fruit, and the horrific transformations had halted. "What is-oh."

Calostell's wings had taken on a bright blue pigmentation with pink edges. "I won't let you harm my people!" she declared. "I have plans to get this place under my control!"

The herald became visibly irritated at the colors of the bird's wings. "You just started learning how to feel chaos magic, and now you think you can overpower somepony like me with tens of thousands of years of experience?!"

"N-no!" Calostell strained. "But I will in the future."

"I can stop you, however," Moon said.

The herald was sucker-punched from beneath by a simulacrum of the alicorn emerging from his shadow. Bahua flipped several times before landing back on his hooves and readjusted the bones forming said jaw.

"Charming," the herald mused. "But a simple punch doesn't do any real damage."

Spines lined with blade-like protrusions emerged from his hooves and started digging through the ground like worms. The alicorn countered by impaling them with a multitude of magical spears and having the magic expand from the blade and wrap around the creatures like vines while also expanding into the mud. It took Moon's full concentration to hold the spines back, making her regret using the immense satellite just to try and intimidate her opponent.

"Real stubborn one, isn't he?" Calostell stated.

Moon had trouble focusing on her. There seemed to be shiny shards of small size but varied shapes that changed the way the bird looked depending on the angle. She looked like a peacock in one of the strange windows, then a secretary bird, and then some kind of ornate, pink parrot.

"I hate chaos magic," the alicorn growled to Calostell.

"Gotta say I ain't a fan of it either." She looked at her own, outstretched wings and smirked. "I don't want to use this if it affects everyone around like this...thing is doing." She lowered her head somewhat to resist the pushback she was getting from the herald. "I think I'll use it only in dire situations. It's no fun to cheat when playing a game," Calostell stated.

Moon cried out angrily as she began pushing back against the spines. Step by step the ground dented as the weird creations struggled against the willpower and strength of the alicorn they were up against.

"Hmmm. This is annoying me," Bahua stated. "I-!"

The spines instantly vanished, throwing Moon forward from the sudden lack of an opposing force and faceplanted into the mud. The victims were also returned to normal and freed thanks to Calostell. The alicorn raised her head, furious, and saw Bahua looking around, nervous and terrified.

"I didn't release too much! I can still do this!" he shouted angrily. His voice still carried a twinge of fear despite his cocksureness. "They won't have noticed!" he yelled at something.

Everyone watched as he began panicking more and more, bouncing left and right and having forgotten what to do with himself. Moon noticed a large spiral growing in the muddy wall just above a tunnel entrance Bahue stood in front of.

"Not yet! I--"

But the herald didn't have time to finish his sentence that he was ripped in half by a force in a space that couldn't be seen and pulled back in a seamless transition. The alicorn raised a brow at the spiral that remained for a few seconds in the wall afterward and then dissipated without much else occurring. She and Calostell slumped down, exhausted from the efforts now that the threat was finally over.

"If that is what I have to deal with just because I don't keep myself appraised of every little happening, then I think I'll have to make some kind of reconnaissance team..." the alicorn wheezed.

Calostell reached over and lazily pat Nightmare Moon's back. "That'll do, pony...So, what now?"

A large figure stepped into view of the two creatures and put his hands on his hips. A scowl decorated his face. "Now, you two take a breather," Bombastic ordered. "I...think we all need it..."

"Then we talk about you," Moon said. "I've started my retaking of Equestria. Figure out how to take over this city," Moon said. "You'll rule it within Equestria as a home for the griffins." The alicorn grunted as she forced herself to turn her head. "And we need to figure out what to do about your chaos magic."


Solar Flare was pacing about her old castle underground, ignoring the fight that occurred above. She was clenching her head every now and then, horrified and disgusted by everything. Her spell was supposed to take a few years at best. The alicorn expected that there might be interference, and so a decade was planned for, but...thousands of years?!

Everything swirled around her. Whenever she'd look at it, a black hole would suck up all the imagery. Even her own body seemed false and rotten, just like the building around her. It had only been preserved by the rocks and dirt protecting it from the elements far above. Breathing became labored and difficult, and the fires in her body flickered wildly. Some became tall as mountains while others had turned into sizzling embers.

"Your majesty?" a cacophony of voices spoke. The alicorn's eyes shot towards the source. "Will you be okay?"

They took everything

"I..."

They took everything

The figure speaking to her stepped closer. Its body was semi-transparent, had very small bubbles pockmarking its body just under the 'skin' like a soapy fluid, and shifting white clouds upon which black holes would form, usually paired with another before they were swallowed up by the shifting white within, filled the rest of its interior. Its black eyes with white iris and pupils were half-lidded, like it was very bored, extremely tired, or dead until just recently. Its mane and tail were solid masses of the same substance as the body. With every word it spoke, its mouth would only shift shape and position for every other word, making it look like an afterimage was left when any speech was made.

"You did not learn of anything pleasing, I surmise," it said.

"N...No," Solar Flare struggled to get out.

She felt her blood boiling and festering more than usual. An anger that was directed at a group that was no longer around. The ones she wanted revenge on. The alicorn was going to ruin their lives and everything they held dear, just like they did to her, and her new spells would have ensured that.

They Took Everything

"What will you do, then?" the entity asked her. "You have been here for several hours already, pacing about the castle." It looked around, and the clouds within it pressed against its insides. "Staying here won't improve anything."

Solar Flare's body sparked wildly as she laid on the floor, her hindlegs and wings outstretched to their absolute limit and her head clutched between her hooves. The mare's mouth gaped open in a silent scream, unable to process the information despite all the time that had passed.

"Nothing left...it's all gone..." the mare cried. "My daughter...my sister...All I worked towards."

THEY Took Everything

The strange entity leaned forward. "You made us with your new magic." It looked the suffering alicorn straight in the eyes. "What else can it do?"

THEY TOOK EVERYTHING
THEY TOOK EVERYTHING
THEY TOOK EVERYTHING
THEY TOOK EVERYTHING

Her eyes glowed and her teeth crashed together, creating a multitude of sparks.

IF THEY TOOK EVERYTHING

"Then I'll take everything they have!" The alicorn's body erupted, coating everything around her in bright fire. Magma pooled from her mouth and eyes and she began breathing harder, taking in more air to feed her flames. Her eyes glowed like suns and her mane and tail arced and erupted like their owner's namesake. "There's no reason to use it as a threat. Now I'm awakening the gigantis vesuvius vulcan and scorching the world in sulfur and heat!"

Author's Note:

Bahua (formerly just Bone or Bones) was alluded to in a prior chapter, but I hadn't actually written in quite a while, and I haven't made any The true Psychopath stories in a very long time nor do I refer to the World of Insanity.

I just used this as an opportunity to have some fun with one of my really old creations to try and reignite the want to write the third story in Psycho's Equestria.

Did you have fun too, at the very least? I used him as an important element for the story.